• You cannot reply to this topic

New version of ORNYMG Weather Extension Testing 0.2 Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   qballbandit 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 May 2024 - 06:46 PM

Hi ExRail,
What is it that creates that nice haze on the horizon? Looks perfect for warm, humid summer days. Is it one of the shader/MGFX files?

Neil

#72 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 06 May 2024 - 06:22 AM

View PostWeter, on 05 May 2024 - 06:24 PM, said:

Hello.
https://www.elvastower.com/forums/uploads/monthly_05_2024/post-12589-0-49295500-1714942111_thumb.jpg
Could we hope to see shadows absence in dence-clowdy weather? (when there's no direct sunlight, making shadows present)

The light and shadows follow the Overcast factor, I can see on the picture that it's set to 0.53, turned up to 0.9 the shadows disappear.

The overcast factor 1,2,3 works on texture opacity from 0.00 to 0.20, above 0.20 the cloud layers are also effecting the light/shadows.
Same as Default Open Rails just with two more layers.

#73 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 06 May 2024 - 06:51 AM

View Postqballbandit, on 05 May 2024 - 06:46 PM, said:

Hi ExRail,
What is it that creates that nice haze on the horizon? Looks perfect for warm, humid summer days. Is it one of the shader/MGFX files?

Neil

"shader/MGFX files?"
Not really, the separation of the Sky and Scenery view distance values has huge impact, and so have color control, next is the color/intensity mixing from Sunrise to Sunset,
all happening in Materials.cs updateShader if(Viewer.Settings.UseMSTSEnv == false)
Only thing I'm missing in that area is height control of the Sky fog to avoid a sharp horizon line and still not have fogged the hole sky, so the scenery fog and sky fog mix together if the colors match.

#74 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:32 AM

Exrail.dk

Version 3.2 with the latest stuff uploaded: Weathertype Partlycloudy / Texture Reload / Save Weather button / a tuned Precipitations system / Alt+P Debug weather cycles through all weather type and do a full reload.
Full weather MSTS Sound folder included, still default sound inside the files, but they are ready to be worked with.

http://exrail.dk/Pictures/Manual_Cover.jpg

#75 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 May 2024 - 12:12 PM

The save function in v3.2 does not work for me. It crashes OR. Am I missing something?

Martin

#76 User is offline   csxt8142 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 07 May 2024 - 01:35 PM

Save seems to work for me, but running this version (and 3.1) sets off all sorts of alarm bells for Windows security

#77 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 08 May 2024 - 03:15 PM

View Postcsxt8142, on 07 May 2024 - 01:35 PM, said:

Save seems to work for me, but running this version (and 3.1) sets off all sorts of alarm bells for Windows security

Sounds like you forgot to remove the internet block
see https://www.elvastow...334#entry308334

#78 User is offline   csxt8142 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 09 May 2024 - 06:01 AM

Ah, that did it! Thanks

#79 User is offline   singleman74 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:open rails.....(msts)

Posted 09 May 2024 - 12:24 PM

Good day....I have been having problems running the Weather versions of ORNYMG_Weather_Extension ever since the 3.1 and 3.2 the game crashes every time. Now when I run the unstable version of OR I have no problems what so ever it runs very smoothly with no hick ups. But when I switch to either the MG version or the weather version of MG it crashes. Even if I load just 1 locomotive it crashes. I get this message. A fatal error has occurred and Open Rails NewYear MG cannot continue. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. And like I said when I switch back to unstable version everything runs perfect. Even the testing version runs ok. Its just MG. Any help would be appreciated.

#80 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 10 May 2024 - 12:39 PM

View Postsingleman74, on 09 May 2024 - 12:24 PM, said:

Good day....I have been having problems running the Weather versions of ORNYMG_Weather_Extension ever since the 3.1 and 3.2 the game crashes every time. Now when I run the unstable version of OR I have no problems what so ever it runs very smoothly with no hick ups. But when I switch to either the MG version or the weather version of MG it crashes. Even if I load just 1 locomotive it crashes. I get this message. A fatal error has occurred and Open Rails NewYear MG cannot continue. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. And like I said when I switch back to unstable version everything runs perfect. Even the testing version runs ok. Its just MG. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you remove the internet block before unzipping ?
And what Window version 7,8,10,11 and language ?
Computer hardware / graphics ram ?
Have you tried on it on another computer?
.Net 4.8 runtime installed ?
Cleared the Windows reg for open rails key
cleared App data Open Rails cache.

I doubt that it has anything to do with MG or the weather extension, when it runs fine on Windows 7 straight out of the zip to the desktop and after unblocking also on Windows 10

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users