• You cannot reply to this topic

New version of ORNYMG Weather Extension Testing 0.2 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:18 AM

There are some things that don't add up to me,
in the version I downloaded, the current one, CTRL+F12 doesn't work and therefore I can't access the edit tab

then I noticed 2 things:

in Cabview the arrangement mode seen via arrows no longer exists and in external view 8 navigation with the mouse is quite corrupted, if I click a mouse button the view rotates freely, when I click it again it remains blocked with the possibility of navigating only without rotation.

I wonder if this is normal or because it is a testing version

#22 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 16 April 2024 - 03:57 PM

View PostFS.E652 091, on 16 April 2024 - 07:18 AM, said:

in the version I downloaded, the current one, CTRL+F12 doesn't work and therefore I can't access the edit tab

then I noticed 2 things:

in Cabview the arrangement mode seen via arrows no longer exists and in external view 8 navigation with the mouse is quite corrupted, if I click a mouse button the view rotates freely, when I click it again it remains blocked with the possibility of navigating only without rotation.

Everything sounds abnormal, and strange, maybe clear your windows reg base for Open Rails stuff and the AppData cache folders.
Do you have any Menu.exe custom key configurations ?
Try running RunActivity.exe with only the command line with are in Open Rails log file on the desktop.
All I can say is no problems here on two computers with Win7 & 10.

I've just downloaded this again https://www.elvastow...ion-testing-02/
dragged the folder to the desktop and ran menu.exe Ctrl+F12 and FPmode works perfect.

#23 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:13 PM

No i don't have any Menu.exe custom key configurations, i have done a registry clean-up but nothing changes, maybe is due to the fact that i have 2 version of ORMG in the desktop? because i am running the Basic Monogame and on another folder i have put the testing weather version, but yes it's very strange

#24 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:32 PM

Open Rail Winter season seamed to me to give a very low Sun at noon, so I compared with Stellarium and to my surprise it matched pretty well,
so I decoded why, and that is Open Rails winter is on the Winter Solstices December 21, so the the absolutely lowest position possible, and just 30 days later it's much better.
I think I just edit the route to a better SunriseTime for the scandinavian routes so my winter is January 21.
Attached Image: OpenRailsSolsticeWinter.jpg

The reason I'm interested is I had been using the Suns Y vector to do the mixing of the components, and it worked pretty good until I selected a Route High North and Winter where Y is only 20% at Noon of Italy summer,
So now I'm looking into using the Env files Sun risetime and Settime and have them printed out in the log file and need to use those to determined the blend.

The gui element Label did not have a overloaded constructor that received a Color, so I made one to use with elements without handles like the Next Station is using and my Red/Green/Blue tags.
Attached Image: WeatherEditor_OverloadResults.jpg

And the Weather Editor 'gui' is now structure complete and running fully for the top 3 variables.
Attached Image: Up_And_Running_1.jpg

All Weather related debug keys is cleared again except Open Rails default weather debug keys the Menu.exe crash without them, and the 6 over the arrows and Save weather.

The Weather Editor Window opens with key F3 witch was not in use, and has a cool scancode '0x3D'.

#25 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 17 April 2024 - 02:23 AM

Cool! well done :-D

#26 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 April 2024 - 04:37 PM

View PostFS.E652 091, on 16 April 2024 - 07:18 AM, said:

then I noticed 2 things:

I like to see that I am not alone... Because I experience the same "problems" as you and some more like UpPag and DownPag cursor keys and changed cursors and uncontrollable mouse in 3D cab view. Also that the lights on the locomotives are all yellow. Does all this also happen to you? Thank you.

#27 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 18 April 2024 - 02:41 AM

View PostVAPOR3D, on 17 April 2024 - 04:37 PM, said:

I like to see that I am not alone... Because I experience the same "problems" as you and some more like UpPag and DownPag cursor keys and changed cursors and uncontrollable mouse in 3D cab view. Also that the lights on the locomotives are all yellow. Does all this also happen to you? Thank you.

Yes, i still have the same issues even externally with the Lights that are Yellow

#28 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 18 April 2024 - 01:08 PM

View PostFS.E652 091, on 18 April 2024 - 02:41 AM, said:

Yes, i still have the same issues even externally with the Lights that are Yellow

I do see there is a difference, don't know where it's coming from or even how the compiled original ORNYMG version look, seams far removed from where I'm coding, I'm but I'll keep it in mind.
Attached Image: LightDif.jpg

#29 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 18 April 2024 - 01:29 PM

In the Content Folder there are 2 files, a Texture named Lightglow and a file Shader namen LightGlowShader, maybe you can check that?

#30 User is offline   ExRail 

• Fireman

Posted 18 April 2024 - 01:38 PM

Got a bit sidetracked while coding the Weather Window

Attached Image: New_Window_png-32Bi_Greent.jpg
Attached Image: New_Window_png-32Bit.jpg
Attached Image: New_Window_png-32Bi_Blue.jpg

Need A new Look!
3 improved 32bit transparent windows.png's to replace the original 8bit window texture.
Attached File  3xWindows.zip (9.7K)
Number of downloads: 17
The green one is actually not bad, think I'll keep that.

I've created it in vector graphics(Paint shop Pro 7), so I can create any colors/type I like in 20 sec.

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users