Elvas Tower: Compound locomotives. - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Compound locomotives. These locomotives do not departure since two last updates. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jmlozano 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 March 2024 - 02:55 AM

Hello! Good morning everyone.Please, could you revise last updates to verify why compound locomotives cannot operate in simulator? It's simple, though we open throttle and cutoff to 100%, locomotive do not move itself at all.Thank you very much.
Sorry! last update is T1.5.1-922-goa17d985c.

#2 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 26 March 2024 - 08:16 PM

View Postjmlozano, on 25 March 2024 - 02:55 AM, said:

Hello! Good morning everyone.Please, could you revise last updates to verify why compound locomotives cannot operate in simulator? It's simple, though we open throttle and cutoff to 100%, locomotive do not move itself at all.Thank you very much.
Sorry! last update is T1.5.1-922-goa17d985c.
OR only "officially" supports the Vauclain four-cylinder balanced compound locomotive based upon the ATSF Class 507 locomotives.

On my CTN website there is a model of this type of compound, and it appears to run ok in the latest TESTING version of OR. Other Compound types of locomotive may be able to be set up in OR, however the accuracy of their operation is not "guaranteed".

Can I suggest that you try running your locomotive in the latest TESTING and UNSTABLE version to see if it works ok. If not, I would compare the ENG file from the locomotive on my site with yours and see if there are any obvious differences that might be causing the issue.

If there are no obvious differences, I would then suggest that you attach a OR Log file, and some screenshots of you trying to start, as this may help somebody to give you some suggestions to try.

#3 User is offline   jmlozano 

• Apprentice

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:15 AM

Hello! I have uploaded last unstable version and locomotive continue stopped. For your information, this engine is compound and superheated, and in 1.5.1 stable versión I have not any problem to play with it.
Could I suggest you I could examine the eng file of your locomotive? Perhaps it would be better to find any possible mistake in model I manage.Thank you.

#4 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:24 AM

View Postjmlozano, on 27 March 2024 - 11:15 AM, said:

Hello! I have uploaded last unstable version and locomotive continue stopped. For your information, this engine is compound and superheated, and in 1.5.1 stable versión I have not any problem to play with it.
Could I suggest you I could examine the eng file of your locomotive? Perhaps it would be better to find any possible mistake in model I manage.Thank you.

It can be downloaded from the the CTN site, see the link in previous post.

#5 User is offline   jmlozano 

• Apprentice

Posted 30 March 2024 - 02:49 AM

Hello!
I've downloaded your locomotive, and i can't play with it because Convoi has detected some sintaxis errors in eng and wag files.It is very odd i can play wiyh my locomotive ( 242 (484) A1 SNCF) in 1.5.1 versión and i can't do it in last updates.Antother adittional thing: Now, in new versions, HUD mode, Locomotive Information screen, down left corner, "PowerTot" and "ForceTot" appear in blank, without numerical characters.I can´t upload screenshots, because i am not permitted do it with this kind of files...!!!Thanks.
t

#6 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 30 March 2024 - 03:02 AM

View Postjmlozano, on 30 March 2024 - 02:49 AM, said:

I've downloaded your locomotive, and i can't play with it because Convoi has detected some sintaxis errors in eng and wag files.It is very odd i can play wiyh my locomotive ( 242 (484) A1 SNCF) in 1.5.1 versión and i can't do it in last updates.Antother adittional thing: Now, in new versions, HUD mode, Locomotive Information screen, down left corner, "PowerTot" and "ForceTot" appear in blank, without numerical characters.I can´t upload screenshots, because i am not permitted do it with this kind of files...!!!Thanks.

You should be able to upload JPG files.

If you PM your locomotive, along with a light engine consist, I will have a quick look at it. You will need to put it into a ZIP file to attach it.

#7 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor

Posted 30 March 2024 - 03:30 AM

Hi Peter,
I investigated the issue, and as you said the problem is because this loco has 1 HP cylinder and 2 LP cylinders. Such configuration is not allowed in OR.

However, it looks like the tractive force from the LP cylinder is being ignored at UpdateSteamTractiveForce, and thus doesn't contribute to tractive force. I think we may need to use two separate for loops, one for NumberCylinders and another one for LPNumberCylinders. At least, LPslipInitialPressureAtmPSI and the following variables are unused, which I think is a bug.

#8 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:36 PM

View Postcesarbl, on 30 March 2024 - 03:30 AM, said:

I investigated the issue, and as you said the problem is because this loco has 1 HP cylinder and 2 LP cylinders. Such configuration is not allowed in OR.

However, it looks like the tractive force from the LP cylinder is being ignored at UpdateSteamTractiveForce, and thus doesn't contribute to tractive force. I think we may need to use two separate for loops, one for NumberCylinders and another one for LPNumberCylinders. At least, LPslipInitialPressureAtmPSI and the following variables are unused, which I think is a bug.

Thanks for that Cesar.

I will have a look at it over the next few days.

#9 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:33 PM

1 HP cylinder and 2 LP cylinders sounds like the Smith type of compound used by Wordsell / Johnson / Deeley / Fowler in UK. It would be good if we could see some further progress with this system!

#10 User is offline   jmlozano 

• Apprentice

Posted 31 March 2024 - 01:09 AM

Hello!This the screenshot I could not upload; thanks for your suggestion. As you can watch,, down letf corner is in blank; i don't know if this is in this way.Bye.Attached Image: Open Rails 2024-03-30 11-22-07.jpg

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users