• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Incomplete Default Routes--What do I do? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 March 2024 - 02:58 PM

After reinstalling the default MSTS content for use with ORTS, I have come across a weird side effect. It seems as though the Innsbrusk-St. Anton/Orient Express route has some incomplete or incorrect information:
Attached Image: isaincomplete.jpg

As you can see, many station labels are missing for the western part of the line, and the speed limits are completely off. (0 MPH? Seriously?)

It's also seemed to have affected other default routes as well--there appears to be a missing path for the Noon Mixed Goods activity on Marias Pass.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how do I fix it?

#2 User is offline   DexterXSR 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman

Posted 15 March 2024 - 09:47 PM

View PostTraindude, on 15 March 2024 - 02:58 PM, said:

After reinstalling the default MSTS content for use with ORTS, I have come across a weird side effect. It seems as though the Innsbrusk-St. Anton/Orient Express route has some incomplete or incorrect information:
Attachment isaincomplete.jpg

As you can see, many station labels are missing for the western part of the line, and the speed limits are completely off. (0 MPH? Seriously?)

It's also seemed to have affected other default routes as well--there appears to be a missing path for the Noon Mixed Goods activity on Marias Pass.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how do I fix it?

Honestly, It might be a corrupt MSTS install that's the problem there, have you tried reinstalling?

#3 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 16 March 2024 - 12:22 AM

Hello.
The picture in Your post displays PATH's profile and items - no whole route's
the path, displayed above, bypasses platforms and speed restriction points upon parallel sidings?

#4 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 25 March 2024 - 02:54 PM

View PostDexterXSR, on 15 March 2024 - 09:47 PM, said:

Honestly, It might be a corrupt MSTS install that's the problem there, have you tried reinstalling?

Yes, I tried re-installing into TWO different folders, and I get the same result--incorrect speed limits on the ISA route!

#5 User is offline   Peter B. 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 26 March 2024 - 04:20 AM

Hi Traindude,

your screenshot leaves me a bit puzzled: the track viewer from Open Rails 1.5.1 doesn't activate the option "Show Chart" without selecting a path first, and after I've selected a path then it will display that path's name in the title bar where your screenshot only says "Charting the path". Could it be that you are using an older or newer version of track editor?

So, as Weter already mentioned we have no clue which path you might have chosen for your chart. Then I thought that you might be charting a completely new path without any name given yet, but if I try that I get "<unknown>" in the title bar, and the station names are still displayed correctly, see my screenshot below. Could you please tell us for which path you created the chart from your screenshot?

About the speed limit: I see the same speeds indicated as you, regardless which path I've loaded. I haven't run any activity yet on this route, but my guess would be that "0" means "no restriction", not "0 MPH".

You also mentioned a missing path on Marias Pass. I get four different ones - which one is missing from your installation?

Greetings, Peter

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: SAIN-Chart.jpg
  • Attached Image: NoonMix.jpg

#6 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 26 March 2024 - 06:00 PM

View PostPeter B., on 26 March 2024 - 04:20 AM, said:

Hi Traindude,

your screenshot leaves me a bit puzzled: the track viewer from Open Rails 1.5.1 doesn't activate the option "Show Chart" without selecting a path first, and after I've selected a path then it will display that path's name in the title bar where your screenshot only says "Charting the path". Could it be that you are using an older or newer version of track editor?

So, as Weter already mentioned we have no clue which path you might have chosen for your chart. Then I thought that you might be charting a completely new path without any name given yet, but if I try that I get "<unknown>" in the title bar, and the station names are still displayed correctly, see my screenshot below. Could you please tell us for which path you created the chart from your screenshot?

About the speed limit: I see the same speeds indicated as you, regardless which path I've loaded. I haven't run any activity yet on this route, but my guess would be that "0" means "no restriction", not "0 MPH".

You also mentioned a missing path on Marias Pass. I get four different ones - which one is missing from your installation?

Greetings, Peter

I am using the version of the track viewer from the most recent unstable version.

The path I used to illustrate my problem for the ISA route is "St. Anton-Innsbruck (st anton - innsbruck.pat)." I'm still not getting any station labels on the western part of the line (west of Silz) at all.
Attached Image: isanostationswest.jpg

As for the Marias Pass route, the "missing" path is actually the "<unnamed: noon mixed goods>" path. I thought that something was wrong when I saw it in all lower-case like that.

#7 User is offline   Peter B. 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 27 March 2024 - 04:30 AM

Hi Traindude,

I could reproduce your issue with the missing station names in the Track Viewer from U2024.03.25-0367. So, it's probably a bug in that software and not in your MSTS installation. Could you please re-check with the Track Viewer from stable 1.5.1?

I've opened a thread under "OR - Maybe it's a bug" for this issue.

About the path from Marias Pass: you should have these four file beginning with N in USA2\PATHS:
"nnmxdgds.pat", "noon mixed goods (traffic).pat", "noon mixed goods .pat" (note the space before the .pat!) and "noon mixed goods train.pat". My guess is that you might have a fifth one, maybe from invonuntarily making a copy in path editor.

Greetings, Peter

#8 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 27 March 2024 - 06:34 PM

View PostPeter B., on 27 March 2024 - 04:30 AM, said:

Hi Traindude,

I could reproduce your issue with the missing station names in the Track Viewer from U2024.03.25-0367. So, it's probably a bug in that software and not in your MSTS installation. Could you please re-check with the Track Viewer from stable 1.5.1?

I've opened a thread under "OR - Maybe it's a bug" for this issue.

About the path from Marias Pass: you should have these four file beginning with N in USA2\PATHS:
"nnmxdgds.pat", "noon mixed goods (traffic).pat", "noon mixed goods .pat" (note the space before the .pat!) and "noon mixed goods train.pat". My guess is that you might have a fifth one, maybe from invonuntarily making a copy in path editor.

Greetings, Peter

Yes, I can verify that all the platform and siding labels on the route are visible in the Stable version, but in the Unstable version, there are no labels west of Silz.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users