Elvas Tower: Track Viewer from latest unstable release ignores some platforms - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Track Viewer from latest unstable release ignores some platforms Platform labels and markers from MSTS default route are only partly di Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Peter B. 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 March 2024 - 04:23 AM

Hi everybody,

a few days ago Traindude feared that he might have an incomplete installation of his MSTS default routes. But instead this probably was a bug in the Track Viewer he used. I could reproduce Traindude's issues with the Track Viewer from U2024.03.25-0367: on the EUROPE2 St. Anton-Innsbruck route only station names and platform markers east of Silz are displayed, both in the track viewer and in the path chart where the missing names were first discovered.

A short test ride in explore mode showed that the names are correctly displayed in the F6 view and in the dispatcher window. So, it's probably not some incompatibility of those markers with unstable releases in general, but with the track viewer. I have a slight suspicion that the bug might have been introduced with the "view scene here" function.

I used the "view scene" function to make Track Viewer write a log file which you find below, but I fear it won't help much to find a clue about the missing names.

Thanks to all who are constantly working on improving Open Rails as well as to those who provide such marvellous content for this simulator.

Greetings, Peter

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: TrackViewer-OpenRails_Unstable.jpg

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   hehl 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 28 March 2024 - 03:10 AM

It's a known issue.

Use an older version, e.g. the stable version 1.5.1, and set the desktop link to this version of the TrackViewer.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users