Elvas Tower: Route missing Tsection.dat data after creating scenario - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Route missing Tsection.dat data after creating scenario OR can't load a route after making a custom path and scenario Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dtrainbnsf1 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 March 2024 - 05:38 AM

Hello all!

While I do have content made specifically for OR like TrainSimulations' routes and locomotive packs I wanted to try and make a scenario on one of my old MSTS-era routes, 3DTS' Donner Pass. I went into the track viewer, made a new path, saved it, then went into the TSRE route editor and made a simple scenario with the new path, saved it and went to test it before doing anything major like adding AI paths and static consists, then OR put up an error saying there were sections in Tsection.dat that were missing and that it couldn't load the route. So I went back into the track viewer and there were entire sections of the track that were suddenly missing! And the missing sections were all related to my new path. I jumped back into TSRE route editor to see if the track was actually missing but the route editor showed all the track still in place. OR just simply wouldn't load the route to drive on anymore. The route became entirely unplayable, and I don't know why. I've gotten the log file ( Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (13K)
Number of downloads: 22 ) and I have since completely uninstalled the route and will reinstall it (luckily I have the installer backed up). I'll post screenshots of the error and some of the missing spots from the track viewer in a couple of replies.

Could this be a bug with old content?

#2 User is offline   dtrainbnsf1 

• Apprentice

Posted 06 March 2024 - 05:42 AM

Attached Image: Error1.jpg

Attached Image: Error2.jpg

Attached Image: Error3.jpg

Attached Image: Error4.jpg

#3 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 06 March 2024 - 08:09 AM

Hi,
There's nothing wrong with the 3DTS Donner Pass v1 route - it loads and runs OK in Open Rails (Stable v1.5.1)!

Depending on how, and where, you've installed it, maybe you're missing the tsection.dat file from the GLOBAL folder and/or the track shapes from the GLOBAL\SHAPES folder. The route uses MSTS default filess although any later tsection.dat file and, I suspect, XTracks shapes, would be OK.

Cheers,
Ged

#4 User is offline   dtrainbnsf1 

• Apprentice

Posted 06 March 2024 - 09:26 AM

Weird thing is the route worked just fine before I tried making a new scenario. The issue with the tsection.dat file did not start until I went to test my new scenario. Before I could load up any scenario like normal and just drive as intended. That's what's got me so confused.
I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the route. The route now works, but it doesn't answer the question of why the error came up in the first place. I'm going to try making a new scenario again and see if anything happens again.
Yep, just tried the same thing again. Tried the route before making a new scenario and worked just fine.
Went to the track viewer, made a new path, saved it, opened TSRE, made a scenario using the new path, opened OR and once again got the tsection.dat error. I opened the track viewer and there's a bunch of track missing.

I'll uninstall and reinstall the route again, but I'm not gonna try and make a new scenario for this route.

#5 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 06 March 2024 - 10:06 AM

Hi,
I don't know much about TSRE5, but I suspect that it might be rewriting the .tdb file.
Open the settings.txt file (in the main TSRE5 folder) and check for the line : writeTDB = true
If it's present, change it to writeTDB = false and save the file.

Cheers,
Ged

#6 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 06 March 2024 - 10:09 AM

What version of TSRE are you running?

#7 User is offline   dtrainbnsf1 

• Apprentice

Posted 06 March 2024 - 11:55 AM

View Postengmod, on 06 March 2024 - 10:09 AM, said:

What version of TSRE are you running?

TSRE5 v0.6958

View Postslipperman, on 06 March 2024 - 10:06 AM, said:

Open the settings.txt file (in the main TSRE5 folder) and check for the line : writeTDB = true

I'll give it a shot.
Worked perfectly! After changing the setting the route loaded as normal and the test scenario is playable. Thanks!
Attached Image: Helper test.jpg
Attached Image: Helper test2.jpg

#8 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 06 March 2024 - 07:08 PM

Also upgrade to the latest version, 7.012

Or Eric on trainsim is toying with the source code of tsre and is up to 8.03

#9 User is offline   dtrainbnsf1 

• Apprentice

Posted 07 March 2024 - 05:55 AM

Didn't realize TSRE had a new version. Will definitely upgrade. Thanks! :sign_thanks:

#10 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 March 2024 - 09:42 AM

Hello, gents!
So what would be the summary?
Never create activities with TSRE's activity editing module?
Create paths for currently-edited activity by TSRE only?
Have instance of TSRE with it's own settings set for making activities safely (i.e. with "write *.tdb" off)?

My understanding of the situation:

OR put up an error saying there were sections in Tsection.dat that were missing and that it couldn't load the route

I guess, not global, but local tsection.dat file was meant&affected - that's why reinstalling the route helped, other routes remain intact.
As local tsection.dat file contains dynamic track definitions of the route,

there were entire sections of the track that were suddenly missing! And the missing sections were all related to my new path

I guess, the pieces of dynamic track, contained in the paths were deleted or corrupted.

the route editor showed all the track still in place

what tells us, *.w-files (shapes&positions) weren't modified, but track vectors (logic "tracks") - were.

- Open the settings.txt file (in the main TSRE5 folder) and check for the line : writeTDB = true
- I'll give it a shot...
Worked perfectly! After changing the setting the route loaded as normal and the test scenario is playable

So, not tsection, but related to it *.tdb's items were actually affected.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users