Elvas Tower: Keyboard command review - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Keyboard command review Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 November 2023 - 01:07 PM

In order to improve the keyboard commands in Open Rails we first need to establish which ones are most commonly used.

I took Hank's reference documents and the list in the code to create a spreadsheet of all keyboard controls which can easily be filtered by key, modifier, and type (letter, number, symbol, function, other).

I assigned each command a "Group" based on Hank's documents (where possible) and a guess otherwise.

The intention here is to identify where we can improve upon the grouping of keyboard controls.

I also assigned each command a "Usage" number:

• 1 - most common
  • 2 - somewhat common
  • 3 - least common
  • 9 - debug

The intention here is to identify where we have more common commands using multiple modifiers and less common commands using few or no modifiers - these would be candidates for reassignment.

I am hoping that people could look through the spreadsheet and correct any mistakes in the "Group" and "Usage" columns, since I am not familiar with all of these commands or their uses.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users