Track viewer Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   RR1 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 20 November 2023 - 04:08 PM

View Postgpz, on 20 November 2023 - 09:23 AM, said:

The latest build seems to work.

I've tried the latest compile about a dozen times. All but once I get (attached image). Only once did I (eventually) get a scenery view.

Attached File(s)

#22 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 21 November 2023 - 01:14 AM

The picture shows a load in progress. This is what is visible when the world has not been loaded yet. I've actually added a 5 second timeout for the "Viewer" class to be created and the tile got started to load, and if that is not happening within this time frame, it just bails off. Actually I didn't test what happens on a slower computer, but I may increase the timeout in a future commit. When the window appears as on your picture, you may try to request the "View scene here" again in the TrackViewer window, it should work the second time, since the data is already available, just the camera position could not be moved to its correct location because of the timeout.

It's all experimental, everything needs to be worked out at the beginning.

#23 User is offline   RR1 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 21 November 2023 - 06:56 AM

View Postgpz, on 21 November 2023 - 01:14 AM, said:

The picture shows a load in progress. This is what is visible when the world has not been loaded yet. I've actually added a 5 second timeout for the "Viewer" class to be created and the tile got started to load, and if that is not happening within this time frame, it just bails off. Actually I didn't test what happens on a slower computer, but I may increase the timeout in a future commit. When the window appears as on your picture, you may try to request the "View scene here" again in the TrackViewer window, it should work the second time, since the data is already available, just the camera position could not be moved to its correct location because of the timeout.

It's all experimental, everything needs to be worked out at the beginning.

No problem, I've been involved with s/w enough to know that nothing complicated works like it should first time out of the gate (especially with me!). Thanks for the tips. Actually I've been trying this on a laptop, I'll try it on my "real" computer as soon as I can.

#24 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 21 November 2023 - 07:17 AM

I just pulled unstable, built it and tested View Scene Here' opens my route OK.

Attached Image: ContribTrackViewer.jpg

However, you may need more than 5 seconds or another method for densely populated tiles that are stored on slower I/O media.

I closed the ContribTrackViewer process, restarted it, selected the route but when I attempted to open the viewer at the same location in the route, I also got the blue sky and black ground. As I could replicate this issue, I tested with Process Monitor and Process Explorer. I observed that when the viewer was open, the reading of the route files slowed down considerably.

A work around is once the viewer is open, wait ~10 seconds for a number of the route/global files to be read, then close the viewer. When the viewer is closed the reading of the route/global files continues but at 'normal' read speeds. Wait 10 seconds then open the viewer again at the same location and wait 10 seconds. Keep opening and closing the viewer with 10 second intervals between at the same location on the route and the viewer would finally open and display correctly after all the route and global files had been read into memory. Highly populated tiles took 3 attempts and lower populated tiles took 2 attempts to open successfully on my computer.

Once the viewer is displaying the route, this part of the route remains in memory so subsequent opening of the viewer in the same location is instant. If you go to another location in the route you have to go through the same process of closing and reopening the viewer to allow all the route/global files to load before displaying correctly.

Hope this helps.

#25 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 21 November 2023 - 09:00 AM

It should work also without closing-reopening. You should see the objects loading and appearing, as the openrails loader process doing its job. It is just not hidden by the loader screen like in the game.

#26 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:07 PM

Hello,

The latest unstable versions of trackviewer display as below:-

https://i.ibb.co/5kH9Jdw/trackviewer.jpg

I have older builds where the trackviewer displays fine.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users