• You cannot reply to this topic

Track viewer Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 November 2023 - 07:49 AM

Never had trouble with trackviewer...have never used any version other than the most recent stable version --- now at 1.5.1 for the desktop shortcut target: "C:\ORTS\Open Rails\Contrib.TrackViewer.exe"
For simulation purposes I have always used the monogame version, and do keep up with the unstable/testing versions for new features.

#12 User is offline   RR1 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 16 November 2023 - 09:40 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 16 November 2023 - 07:49 AM, said:

Never had trouble with trackviewer...have never used any version other than the most recent stable version --- now at 1.5.1 for the desktop shortcut target: "C:\ORTS\Open Rails\Contrib.TrackViewer.exe"
For simulation purposes I have always used the monogame version, and do keep up with the unstable/testing versions for new features.

Trackviewer works fine! The problem is with the new 3d scenery viewer within trackviewer just added to the unstable version by gpz.

#13 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 16 November 2023 - 10:52 AM

Thanks, that new feature went right past me. I will have to check it out. Much appreciated.

#14 User is offline   Peter B. 

• Hostler

Posted 17 November 2023 - 12:39 AM

Hello,

today I tried an unstable version for the first time to test the new 3D scene viewer, but after selecting "view scene here" it crashes, see attached log file.

Regards, Peter

Attached File(s)

#15 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 17 November 2023 - 03:29 AM

I downloaded the openrails-unstable, compiled and opened a route in Contrib.TrackViewer.exe and also get the crash after right clicking and selecting view scene here.

Eventviewer records 4 warnings from Perflib:

The Open procedure for service ".NETFramework" in DLL "C:\Windows\system32\mscoree.dll" failed with error code The system cannot find the file specified.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

The Open procedure for service "Lsa" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\Secur32.dll" failed with error code Access is denied.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

The configuration information of the performance library "C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll" for the "LSM" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.

The Open procedure for service "MSDTC" in DLL "C:\Windows\system32\msdtcuiu.DLL" failed with error code The system cannot find the file specified.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

Then an Error from Perfnet:

Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

EventData was NTSTATUS 3221225506

Then a warning from PerfProc:

Unable to open the job object \BaseNamedObjects\WmiProviderSubSystemHostJob for query access. The calling process may not have permission to open this job. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.

Then the following 2 warnings from Perflib:

The configuration information of the performance library "C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll" for the "TermService" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.

The Open procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed with error code The device is not ready.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

Attached Image: eventvwr.jpg

I can supply a procmon trace if that helps.

Cheers,

Marek.

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (13.16K)
Number of downloads: 40

#16 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 17 November 2023 - 08:19 AM

Looks like I need to figure out what's the difference between my own and the automatic build. But never mind, meanwhile I am adding some more functionality. It is not something in "production" after all.

EDIT: There's an entanglement with another PR, but I will try to outtrick that. :-)

#17 User is offline   singleman74 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:open rails.....(msts)

Posted 17 November 2023 - 03:26 PM

I look forward to it when it gets all figured out

#18 User is offline   RR1 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 18 November 2023 - 10:43 AM

View Postgpz, on 17 November 2023 - 08:19 AM, said:

Looks like I need to figure out what's the difference between my own and the automatic build. But never mind, meanwhile I am adding some more functionality. It is not something in "production" after all.

EDIT: There's an entanglement with another PR, but I will try to outtrick that. :-)

Just as an FYI, I did a pull from GitHub unstable then did a rebuild. Not sure where the automatic build comes in? I'm using Visual Studio 2022 - maybe something different there?

#19 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant

Posted 18 November 2023 - 11:26 AM

View PostRR1, on 18 November 2023 - 10:43 AM, said:

Just as an FYI, I did a pull from GitHub unstable then did a rebuild. Not sure where the automatic build comes in? I'm using Visual Studio 2022 - maybe something different there?

PR #865 seems to interfere, but I will do a workaround.

#20 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant

Posted 20 November 2023 - 09:23 AM

The latest build seems to work.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users