• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tunnel Tracks graphic bug Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 14 October 2023 - 06:00 AM

Hi guys, I've been encountering this bug for some time in some clips of tunnel tracks, it's a graphical bug that I don't know what it depends on..

can you give me some suggestions?

P.S. It happens in some 4000r1d type sections for tunnels

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: BUG.jpg

#2 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 14 October 2023 - 07:08 AM

It kooks to me like the track piece .s file is not looking for the correct texture.
You'll have to open the .s file and verify the textures needed and if necessary correct them.
You can view the textures called for using shapeviewer but you'll have to uncompress the .s to change them.

Randy

#3 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 14 October 2023 - 07:26 AM

Hello.

I think this is a track construction error. The element shown in the picture is not a tunnel element. That is, the "TunnelShape ( ) " line is missing from the entry for this shape file in the TSection.dat file.
In the track, there is a bright element in the picture, under it is a real tunnel element, which gives the side wall and the vault. It can be seen in magnification.
It is not difficult to fix. but then the TSection.dat file will be unique. It will not be the same as the released version.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#4 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 14 October 2023 - 12:56 PM

HI! first of all thank you for the answers, I checked the textures relating to the shape and they are all there, so I assume that the problem is caused by a missing string in the shape file..
clearly I have never edited the tsection.dat file, and doing so without even knowing where to turn would certainly make me make mistakes..

So the question is.. could a general fix be proposed as an update so that all users can have a fixed version?

#5 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 14 October 2023 - 03:46 PM

View PostFS.E652 091, on 14 October 2023 - 12:56 PM, said:

HI! first of all thank you for the answers, I checked the textures relating to the shape and they are all there, so I assume that the problem is caused by a missing string in the shape file..
clearly I have never edited the tsection.dat file, and doing so without even knowing where to turn would certainly make me make mistakes..
So the question is.. could a general fix be proposed as an update so that all users can have a fixed version?
One of the great things about OR and MSTS is that it's very easy to make backups of files before you edit them. If you mess something up, just restore the backup!
Editing the tsection.dat file is not that complicated. You just need to be sure to find the correct entry to modify, and then check in-game again as a test to make sure it's pulling the correct texture.
If an error in the global tsection.dat file is the culprit, then a correction will have to be made to the standardized file and disseminated in the next release... though, I must admit I don't know if and who has undertaken that responsibility these days.

#6 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 14 October 2023 - 11:22 PM

The global tsection is my domain.

#7 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 15 October 2023 - 03:18 AM

P.S. It happens in some 4000r1d type sections for tunnels

Maybe the 4000r1dRndtun entry is missing?
I haven't watched this before. Then, however, there is no need to add to the entry, in fact it would be downright harmful.
A new entry is required for a free space. If there is even such a thing!
I apologize for the wrong information.

#8 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 16 October 2023 - 01:38 AM

Good morning! sorry for the delay in responding.

I would like to point out that I have always kept a backup copy of the Tsection.dat, from the moment I develop scenarios, I always keep everything in backup for safety.

The problem is that having never worked on the Tsection.dat file it is obvious that I don't know which string to touch, therefore, I would at least like an indication on what to possibly edit..

More than anything else... since it is a common graphic error that happens to everyone, I was wondering if in fact whoever has the Tsection.dat domain, in this case, Engmod, i ask if is possible to release a possible modification that everyone could benefit from.

Post --> Yes, I confirm that it is the piece
a2t4000r1dRndtun

#9 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 16 October 2023 - 02:10 AM

That piece only exists once in the global tsection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_INFO( Track Shapes from Norbert Rieger, A2t RndTun, 4000r, 6000r, 8000r )

TrackShape ( 22094
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>More than anything else... since it is a common graphic error that happens to everyone, I was wondering if in fact whoever has the Tsection.dat domain, in this case, Engmod, i ask if is possible to release a possible modification that everyone could benefit from.

I am happy to release the new version.

However, someone, a route developer will have to fix the fault and give me the details.

#10 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 October 2023 - 03:54 AM

Hello.

I also looked at the relevant entry in the TSection.dat file. That's totally fine.
I also checked the hierarchy of the relevant shapefile. Setting the name and texture is fine.
After that I'd say the original tunnel texture was overwritten with some new crushed stone texture.
BUT!!!
Based on the part marked in the image, I am of the opinion that there are two shape files. The lower one is the already discussed a2t4000r1dRndtun.s shape. and above it is another. Looking at it, I'd say it's a DB1 element. They have a sloping edge. Traditional MSTS shapefiles consist of only one horizontal plate. The two edges of the DB1 shape files are bevelled, mimicking the slope of the edge of the bedding.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

https://kephost.net/p/MTAwMjM5NQ.png

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users