Elvas Tower: Excessive Curve Resistance on Curves Less than 100m Radius - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Excessive Curve Resistance on Curves Less than 100m Radius Orders of magnitude jump in curve resistance Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#21 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 January 2024 - 07:09 PM

I had suspected that the old values were inaccurate and that the changes were correcting that error, so thanks for confirming this is indeed correct. The reason I need to patch my sounds is that I blend several flange squeal streams with curve force dependent volume curves because flange squeal varies dramatically with curve force in the real world. I would much rather be patching sounds because OR is outputting higher, more accurate values than live with inaccurate curve resistance. :)

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 30 January 2024 - 06:52 PM, said:

Thanks for clarifying this.

I will reflect upon this, and come back with a solution.

I wouldn't put too much effort into it - over the fall I was able to record a few new audio samples to replace the coupler cut lever sounds I use that were derived from the MSTS defaults - so a new version of the freight car sounds is in the works anyway. :)

#22 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 31 January 2024 - 07:48 PM

View PostErickC, on 30 January 2024 - 07:09 PM, said:

I wouldn't put too much effort into it - over the fall I was able to record a few new audio samples to replace the coupler cut lever sounds I use that were derived from the MSTS defaults - so a new version of the freight car sounds is in the works anyway. :)

I have started a new thread around curve wheel squeal to see if there is value around making the trigger mechanism more independent, as any potential changes to to Curve Friction will throw your sound triggers out again.

#23 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 01 February 2024 - 09:36 PM

I have made a small correct to the curve friction code to correct an issue where 3 axle bogies were only being seen as 2 axle bogies, this means that their friction was understated.

This correction should appear in the Unstable version in the next few hours.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users