Elvas Tower: Hybrid Train Tecnology? - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hybrid Train Tecnology? Possibilities and Proposal for new ENG. feature Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 May 2023 - 07:54 AM

View PostLaci1959, on 09 May 2023 - 11:44 PM, said:

Hello.

The CZ-Sk version already has this. I saw a video of it.
Just as with them, a vehicle can manage several ORTSTractionCharacteristics databases. One for 25kV alternating voltage, one for 3kV direct voltage, and one for electric resistance brake. Of course, the name ORTSTractionCharacteristics is supplemented with a suitable identifier.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

Hello,
This sounds interesting. Can you provide a link to download the locomotive so we can see how it is achieved.
ThanksDarwin

#12 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 10 May 2023 - 08:54 AM

View PostLaci1959, on 10 May 2023 - 02:31 AM, said:

Markers are placed on the railway track (Route). After the 25 kV marker, a zero voltage marker follows a few meters away. After an overhead line pole, there is again a zero-voltage marker, and immediately after that, a 3kV single-voltage marker.
The locomotive must be fully decommissioned, then the power type must be changed, and then re-commissioned.
If you mess it up, it will say that the locomotive is damaged. Just like in reality.

In high speed lines and trains the process occurs without risk of damages. When a transition marker is reached, the locomotive automatically lowers its pantos and the circuit breaker opens. The pantos of the preceding voltage can't be raised under the new voltage. Instead, the train driver must move a selector to define the new voltage, and then the pantos (other pantos in case of a 25 to 3 or 3 to 25 kV transition) automatically raise if they are under such new voltage, and the circuit breaker closes automatically too. At least this is how it works in Italy. I have emulated this process with the ETR 400 HST (Frecciarossa 1000) in the TCS script, and it works if the OR route is suitably equipped with markers (the Roma-Napoli is). The voltage indicator in the cab changes the value displayed from the former voltage to zero (in the transition zone) to the new voltage.
Unfortunately the traction characteristcs remain the same, because this is not (yet) supported by OR.

But hybrid is another story...

#13 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 10 May 2023 - 09:00 AM

View Postdarwins, on 10 May 2023 - 07:54 AM, said:

Hello,
This sounds interesting. Can you provide a link to download the locomotive so we can see how it is achieved.
ThanksDarwin

My link

I don't have a download link. I only saw the video.
I believe this is a Bombardier Last Mile locomotive.

#14 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 May 2023 - 01:52 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 10 May 2023 - 08:54 AM, said:

In high speed lines and trains the process occurs without risk of damages. When a transition marker is reached, the locomotive automatically lowers its pantos and the circuit breaker opens. The pantos of the preceding voltage can't be raised under the new voltage. Instead, the train driver must move a selector to define the new voltage, and then the pantos (other pantos in case of a 25 to 3 or 3 to 25 kV transition) automatically raise if they are under such new voltage, and the circuit breaker closes automatically too. At least this is how it works in Italy. I have emulated this process with the ETR 400 HST (Frecciarossa 1000) in the TCS script, and it works if the OR route is suitably equipped with markers (the Roma-Napoli is). The voltage indicator in the cab changes the value displayed from the former voltage to zero (in the transition zone) to the new voltage.
Unfortunately the traction characteristcs remain the same, because this is not (yet) supported by OR.

But hybrid is another story...

I will try this function that i never know exists! Howewher, i hope that in the nearby future, a function will be available for Hybrid trains

#15 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 10 May 2023 - 10:42 PM

In high speed lines and trains the process occurs without risk of damages.

That's how it was invented. They must have a point. Two small East Central European states. It is not enough for every locomotive to have 4 pantographs. That way, you don't have to change pantographs when passing through. The high-speed line is just a distant dream.
Please note that the thread was specifically aimed at Czech and Slovak national characteristics. If the pantograph was damaged, after lifting the locomotive, the pantograph should be replaced and put back into operation.
But this only happened if the train driver did not pay attention to the signs warning about the change of mode. So relatively rarely. Which could not be said about me.

the OR route is suitably equipped with markers (the Roma-Napoli is)

Does this system also recognize zero voltage? I mean that we have places where there is no voltage in the overhead line. Because there is no adequate protective distance between the overhead line and the bottom of the overpass.
Or at a phase boundary. An electrical switchboard can feed three sections with R S T phases. Between two phases, there is a zero-voltage section of ~75 meters (the distance between two wire support poles). Only switch off the main circuit breaker. If there is overhead line voltage again, switch the main circuit breaker back on.
Or because the branch railway line is not yet equipped with an overhead line.

Sincerely, Laci1959

#16 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 May 2023 - 11:45 PM

View PostLaci1959, on 10 May 2023 - 10:42 PM, said:

Does this system also recognize zero voltage? I mean that we have places where there is no voltage in the overhead line. Because there is no adequate protective distance between the overhead line and the bottom of the overpass.
Or at a phase boundary. An electrical switchboard can feed three sections with R S T phases. Between two phases, there is a zero-voltage section of ~75 meters (the distance between two wire support poles). Only switch off the main circuit breaker. If there is overhead line voltage again, switch the main circuit breaker back on.

Yes, it would be good to add "section gaps". Though this would mean adding markers to existing routes. (Markers may also be needed for different electrification systems or non-electrified lines.)

#17 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 May 2023 - 12:01 AM

View Postdarwins, on 10 May 2023 - 07:54 AM, said:

Hello,
ThanksDarwin

Hello.

I watched the video several times. This is a big scam. In the consist there is an electric locomotive and an invisible diesel locomotive with the appropriate smoke effect. The description in German helped. He announced the shutdown of the auxiliary machine.
Sorry to upset your mood. I should have noticed the scam earlier.

Sincerely, Laci1959.

#18 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 11 May 2023 - 12:15 AM

Markers may also be needed for different electrification systems or non-electrified lines.

Hello.

Yes. Exactly. The CZ-SK version has special keyboard commands that can be used to add the appropriate voltage marker. Markers can only be entered during the game if you have special privileges. The physical location and performance of the feeding electrical substation must also be determined. If only one vehicle is driving, the voltage can be 26500V. In a TT with many trains, it can be up to 23000V. Although I have not tried the latter, I have only heard about it.
The average user does not have the right to do this, since the markers are not part of the course, but information stored somewhere in the cloud. It updates this database when you launch the game.
It's difficult for me because you have to place the markers during the game. It is very time consuming. I would like a marker placed by the course builder.

Sincerely, Laci1959.

#19 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 11 May 2023 - 05:20 AM

View PostLaci1959, on 10 May 2023 - 10:42 PM, said:

Or because the branch railway line is not yet equipped with an overhead line.

Sincerely, Laci1959

Yes, it does. As you say, the circuit breaker is automatically opened and then automatically closed.

#20 User is offline   Weter 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 11 May 2023 - 06:56 AM

Hello, Carlo, Darwin and Laci.
It's not only "section gaps", usable on DC system, it also can be "neutral insertions" needed on ~25kV systems.
They are longer, than EMU train for guarantee, that none train will overlap different sections with its pantographs, even in case of fault.
However, the rules demand to turn load (auxiliary too) off, approaching neutral insertion.
Here, "zebra" signs on poles marks its boundaries, in addition to l_l signs.

Definitely, with hi-speed network, automatization is needed, as the "prize of fault" will be much greater, while time to react is much shorter.

And, sorry to remind, but we are diverging from "hybrid trains" discussion towards multi-system and more real katenery implementation questions.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users