• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Track Nodes cannot be found Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 April 2023 - 12:35 PM

I have found one problem double slip crossover in my route. First, somehow there seems to be two entries in the tdb for this one item of track (the crossover section itself, not the corresponding switches - tsr and tsl in UKFineScale - items). Second, on deleting the crossover section of track or on selecting the track database items option and deleting the black boxes when they appear, the track database lines and the yellow track section lines still remain in place. So this is a case of the track section not existing in the world file but existing in the track database - and in fact in this case appearing twice in the tdb with apparently overlapping positioning.

If I manage to solve this problem I will have a good example to show you of how the track pins need to be adjusted in reaching a solution. However, I fear this particular issue is a difficult problem to solve and at the moment I am not optimistic that I will be able to devise a solution.

#22 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 April 2023 - 06:38 PM

Time will tell.
Thanks for care and memory, anyway.

#23 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman

Posted 14 April 2023 - 03:02 AM

Well, I spoke too soon. I was able to solve my problem but only by replacing the problem crossover with a new crossover of a different dimension and adjusting the surrounding track accordingly. As a result, no direct editing of the tdb was needed and so the question of how to reconnect the pins when you use the technique of substituting a "dummy" section of track ("mule" in Stephen Dearne's terminology) remains a mystery for the time being.

#24 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman

Posted 14 April 2023 - 12:55 PM

I have written a small document explaining more clearly the substitution method outlined in Stephen Dearne's TDB Primer. In particular, I hope it clarifies the question of how to link the track pins correctly in the substituted tdb entry. The example I use is a very simple problem which does not really need the substitution method to resolve but my intention is to try to illustrate the basic concepts involved.

I hope this will be useful.

Martin

Attached File(s)

#25 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 14 April 2023 - 01:11 PM

Thank You, Martin, for both documents.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic