• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Track Nodes cannot be found Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Bert Wise 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 07 April 2023 - 09:56 AM

Hi there

I'm glad this subject came up again. I've tried following the suggestions here but, alas, no luck.

In TSRE all I can see are diverging yellow lines and 2 blue poles on top of each other. No track shape is seen and I can't select anything to delete.

http://www.elvastowe...ttach_id=105448

Still not sure what to do to eliminate the node error.

Bert

#12 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 07 April 2023 - 10:36 AM

View PostBert Wise, on 07 April 2023 - 09:56 AM, said:

Still not sure what to do to eliminate the node error.

Ok excuse me, I give up. I don't know how to describe it more simply.

There is a simple way to remove TDB vectors with TSRE5.

On the branching side we first place a new piece of track. In the example 10 m straight.
After that, we have it entered in the TDB we mark our placed track again.

#13 User is offline   Bert Wise 

• Hostler

Posted 07 April 2023 - 12:15 PM

View PostKapitaen13, on 07 April 2023 - 10:36 AM, said:

On the branching side we first place a new piece of track. In the example 10 m straight.
After that, we have it entered in the TDB we mark our placed track again.

In your picture there is a red pole at the single end and a blue pole at each of the branching ends.

In my case there appears to be 1 red pole and 2 blue poles on top of each other at the single end.

I'm not a route builder and have very, very little experience using TSRE or editing routes.

How can I add a new piece of track on the branching side if there is no blue pole?

#14 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 April 2023 - 12:23 PM

Bert, It looks as though your switch (points, to me!) exists in the track database but not in the world tile file. Therefore the TSRE hack approach will not work. As far as I know the only way to solve this problem is the method detailed in Stephen Dearne's TDB Primer, a link to which I posted earlier. Basically you have to take the following steps:

1. BACKUP YOUR TRACK DATABASE FILE!!!

2. Add a new section of track somewhere near the offending invisible piece. I tend to use something simple like a 10m straight. You will not need this section of track in the route, it is only used for the purposes of solving the problem and will eventually be deleted. Make sure this is the last edit you do while working on the solution. As a result the last three entries in the tdb should represent the newly laid track section.

3. Copy the last node in the tdb and replace the problem node - in your case node 208 - with this node.

4. Make sure the pins in the replaced version of 208 link up properly to the first two nodes of the newly entered section of track. This may be a bit tricky and need some experimentation to get right - hence the tdb backup! It is a question of making sure that the pins in the newly copied node 208 refer to the first two nodes of the newly laid section of track at the end of the tdb.

5. Now delete the last node in the tdb, i.e. the one you have just copied and substituted into node 208. Reduce the node count at the head of this section of the tdb by 1 to correspond.

6. Now open up TSRE and jump to the location of the problem track section. The problem track should have disappeared but you should see the 10m section of track you laid. This can be deleted in the normal way. If all has gone well, this should be problem solved!

What I have done above is simply to summarize the key parts of Stephen Dearne's TDB Primer. I would advise you to check my instructions against his text to make sure I have got things right. I have used this technique successfully myself but have usually had to have more than one go at it until I got things absolutely correct.

Good luck!

Martin

#15 User is offline   Bert Wise 

• Hostler

Posted 07 April 2023 - 07:30 PM

So I reinstalled the route in question so I could start with the original TDB. When I jumped to the spot underground where the offending item was, there was a piece of track at the single end of the yellow lines. I can only assume I deleted it when I was trying to fix this 3 years ago.

Anyways, with the original TDB I followed Kapitaen13's instructions in post #10 to place a track section, add it to the TDB, then use the Hack to remove TDB tree. All the yellow lines disappeared so I deleted the track pieces, saved, and loaded the route in OR.

No more warning message!

so Kapitaen13, thanks for the instructions.

Bert

#16 User is offline   Bert Wise 

• Hostler

Posted 07 April 2023 - 07:42 PM

Docmartin

Thanks for your detailed instructions. I tried following them (before reinstalling the route - see previous post) but I could not get the track piece I placed added as a node in the TDB.

Once I placed the piece, I pressed "Z" which I thought would add it to the TDB. Yellow lines did appear over the new piece so I did a save, then compared the new TDB to the old one. Each TDB had 589 nodes, and node 589 was the same in each. I checked the Settings.txt file in my TSRE directory and it has a line "writeTDB = true" so I am puzzled why nothing seemed to have been added to the TDB.

As noted in the previous post, I was able to get the issue resolved so I'm good there.

I am interested in perusing the Stephen Dearne's TDB Primer you mentioned but I don't have an account with UKTrainSim and I understand that site won't be around much longer. Is this document available anywhere else? I searched his name at TrainSim.com but that document doesn't appear to be there.

Thanks

Bert

#17 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 April 2023 - 11:26 PM

Hello.
@Jan:

You meant Hide Terrain Shape

Yes, I did.
@Martin
Please, would You take some more care to explain it better?

4. Make sure the pins in the replaced version of 208 link up properly to the first two nodes of the newly entered section of track. ... It is a question of making sure that the pins in the newly copied node 208 refer to the first two nodes of the newly laid section of track at the end of the tdb.

I can't understand that.
Maybe some example excerpt from *.tdb's text?

#18 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 April 2023 - 01:45 PM

Weter, I will try to explain how the pins need to be linked but I will need to find a way of recreating the initial problem first so that the solution can be properly demonstrated. I don't know whether I can do that or not.

Meanwhile, I am attaching a copy of Stephen Dearne's TDB Primer.

Martin

Attached File(s)

#19 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 08 April 2023 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for document, Martin.
If it's promising to be so dangerous - don't spoil Your route just for showing that.

#20 User is offline   Bert Wise 

• Hostler

Posted 09 April 2023 - 09:32 AM

Docmartin

Thank you for the document.

Hopefully I can learn something from it and address the "Nodes not Found" issue i posted in the "Route Editing" topic yesterday concerning another route I have.

Bert

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users