Elvas Tower: Maximum Acceleration - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Maximum Acceleration Modification of .Eng files for Maximum Acceleration Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:43 AM

View PostDEV, on 16 October 2022 - 12:11 PM, said:

By the way can you please explain about making the cross section smaller, this one is new for me.

Also any way to make the player train ignore physics as you said it ignores physics (AI Trains) , also the same simplified set cant be applied to the player train? Cant we make the player train follow that simplified set of AI train?

Cross section. Near the top of the eng and wag files is a line called Size with three figures inside the brackets. These are the width, height and length of the vehicle. By making the first two smaller you reduce the cross section, and thus the air resistance.

The player train physics are set within the code as are the AI. It would be quite a task to make the player train follow the AI method, and a waste of time for the people that are writing the code. The users of OR would most probably not like it either. If however you can write C# code, you could download the code from Github and try for yourself. You will also need to install Microsoft Visual Studio to compile it when done.

#12 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 09:52 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 17 October 2022 - 09:43 AM, said:

Cross section. Near the top of the eng and wag files is a line called Size with three figures inside the brackets. These are the width, height and length of the vehicle. By making the first two smaller you reduce the cross section, and thus the air resistance.

The player train physics are set within the code as are the AI. It would be quite a task to make the player train follow the AI method, and a waste of time for the people that are writing the code. The users of OR would most probably not like it either. If however you can write C# code, you could download the code from Github and try for yourself. You will also need to install Microsoft Visual Studio to compile it when done.

Ok for coding I dont know much about it , but can you tell for what file or repository I have to look in the GitHub (for the physics of AI train) , maybe if I get the physics of the AI train, it can give me some idea for modifying the .eng file parameters, I mean in which directory/code I could get the physics of AI train?
I downloaded the source code, Is this Code you are talking about ??

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Screenshot.jpg

#13 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler

Posted 17 October 2022 - 10:31 AM

View PostWeter, on 17 October 2022 - 08:22 AM, said:

If its still needed, there was a good suggestions somewhere, how to run MSTS under win10
Sorry for off top.

Actually MSTS cant be run on laptops with AMD processor, I guess this bug was since Windows 10, upto my knowledge there is no fix for it currently, unless Microsoft team themselves update the game.

#14 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler

Posted 21 October 2022 - 04:43 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 17 October 2022 - 09:43 AM, said:

Suggestion: Instead of making player train follow AI train method, can the team just add a parameter for Acceleration, something like "ORTSAcceleration" which can control the acceleration of the train/loco, when included in .eng file, higher value high acceleration, something like that, I dont have any knowledge in coding , else I myself have added it.

#15 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 October 2022 - 06:23 AM

View PostDEV, on 21 October 2022 - 04:43 AM, said:

....can the team just add a parameter for Acceleration, something like "ORTSAcceleration" which can control the acceleration of the train/loco,....

Geeze, I hope not.

#16 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 October 2022 - 02:32 PM

View PostDEV, on 21 October 2022 - 04:43 AM, said:

(...) can the team just add a parameter for Acceleration, something like "ORTSAcceleration" which can control the acceleration of the train/loco.

That's what the throttle is all about. Not defining a preset figure, but actually making the user/driver choose the train's acceleration in percentage....

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users