Elvas Tower: Maximum Acceleration - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Maximum Acceleration Modification of .Eng files for Maximum Acceleration Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Post icon  Posted 16 October 2022 - 04:22 AM

How can I achieve a acceleration which is even greater than we get in Autopilot mode. I tried modifying .eng files, even tired with ORTSMaxTractiveForceCurves parameters but still I cant get the Acceleration like in Autopilot mode. I want acceleration just like in Autopilot mode or preferably even greater than that. Anyone can help me in this, Any idea how can i modify the .eng files for Maximum Acceleration greater than that of Autopilot mode??

#2 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 16 October 2022 - 09:01 AM

This is a simulator.
We simulate real trains performance.

What are you trying to achieve?

#3 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler

Posted 16 October 2022 - 09:51 AM

View Postengmod, on 16 October 2022 - 09:01 AM, said:

This is a simulator.
We simulate real trains performance.

What are you trying to achieve?

I just want an acceleration through which the train can catch a speed of up to 960km/h in about 1min 40 seconds, in the modification I made, the train catches this speed in about 3min 30 seconds...if we consider autopilot acceleration it catches a speed of 240km/h in 26 seconds (it can catch even more if all the speed limits are removed),so I guess there must be a modification to get the acceleration as in Autopilot mode or even more than that...I am just not getting the correct values for the acceleration I want. And I know I can use the autopilot mode but it follows the speed limits in the route, and I guess to remove all those speed limits from the route is a hectic task, also I don't even want to remove them, I only want the player train with Max possible acceleration, so I consider obtaining the Autopilot acceleration or even more than that in the Manual Mode. Any help on this is appreciated.

#4 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 16 October 2022 - 11:35 AM

The player train will always use real world physics, even in simple mode. On the other hand the AI uses a very much simplified set and even ignores physics if needed.
The two will never ever perform in the same manner, due to the player train resistances to acceleration. You could try making the cross section smaller and reducing each car weight. Thore would reduce resistance somewhat. Increasing the power might also help.

#5 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler

Posted 16 October 2022 - 12:11 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 16 October 2022 - 11:35 AM, said:

The player train will always use real world physics, even in simple mode. On the other hand the AI uses a very much simplified set and even ignores physics if needed.
The two will never ever perform in the same manner, due to the player train resistances to acceleration. You could try making the cross section smaller and reducing each car weight. Thore would reduce resistance somewhat. Increasing the power might also help.

Yeah I exactly did the same thing reduced the weight of engine and wagons, increased power, by doing this I got the acceleration that achieves the required speed in 3 minutes 30 seconds, but I cant get any proper values to reduce this duration of 3 mints 30 seconds to 1mint 30 seconds, if I reduce the weight too much then it catches 300-600 in just 1-2 seconds, I also dont want this much acceleration.

By the way can you please explain about making the cross section smaller, this one is new for me.

Also any way to make the player train ignore physics as you said it ignores physics (AI Trains) , also the same simplified set cant be applied to the player train? Cant we make the player train follow that simplified set of AI train?

#6 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 October 2022 - 07:10 AM

Ever thought of trying Microsoft Train simulator...I have little experience with it, but I have read that you will probably be able to achieve the acceleration and speeds you desire with that simulator.

#7 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler

Posted 17 October 2022 - 07:13 AM

View PostWeter, on 16 October 2022 - 01:03 PM, said:

Will time acceleration (Ctrl+Alt+PgUp) give You desired feeling?
With powerful computers 5000% acceleration doesnt affect frame rate.

No not like that, With this, AI trains will also go fast, I only want the player train to have maximum acceleration, I guess ORTSMaxTractiveForceCurves can help but I am unable to get the appropriate values for the same, if i put too much force it catches the speed of 200km/h in 10 seconds and then there is no further acceleration , I got a maximum acceleration for the following values of the ORTSMaxTractiveForceCurves , but its only till 60kmph, it doesnt go further, any changes for the following values of the parameter.. so the same acceleration is constant for speeds above 60kmph?

ORTSMaxTractiveForceCurves (
0 (
0 0
36.5 0 )
0.003369 (
0 21488
5 4576
10 1339
15 312
20 124
25 110
30 60
35 35
36.5 30

)
)

#8 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 October 2022 - 07:29 AM

Cross section have an influence to aerodynamic resistance (vertical&horizontal dimensions of Your model)
Tractive effort is also consumed to compensate friction and rails resistance. So huge power is needed.
Too light weight would likely cause wheel slip, but try to experiment.
That's why supersoeed "trains" are tend to be maglev - there will be no friction, exept air turbulence.

#9 User is offline   देव 

• Hostler

Posted 17 October 2022 - 08:12 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 17 October 2022 - 07:10 AM, said:

Ever thought of trying Microsoft Train simulator...I have little experience with it, but I have read that you will probably be able to achieve the acceleration and speeds you desire with that simulator.

Thats the problem MSTS doesnt works on my laptop, it crashes as soon as it starts, without giving any error.

#10 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 October 2022 - 08:22 AM

If its still needed, there was a good suggestions somewhere, how to run MSTS under win10
Sorry for off top.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users