• You cannot reply to this topic

Error Restarting in Timetable Mode Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is online   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 13 August 2022 - 04:24 AM

Check for missing include files in these loose consist wag files?

#12 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 13 August 2022 - 04:40 AM

View PostWeter, on 13 August 2022 - 04:24 AM, said:

As many of us could notice, if engine was reverced during activity, but then it was started from some point after, the engine bata is being loaded without taking in account such changes.
Thanks @Derek.

Derek, could you please classify this. What is "engine bata"?

#13 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 13 August 2022 - 04:44 AM

Cab, head out, lights position, controls initial status, power on/off.
Might be fuel quantity, I'm not certain. This way, include files might be ignored.

#14 User is online   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 13 August 2022 - 12:49 PM

View Postdforrest, on 13 August 2022 - 04:40 AM, said:

Derek, could you please classify this. What is "engine bata"?

Sorry, didn't pick up the typo, engine data

#15 User is offline   Peter B. 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 August 2022 - 01:50 AM

David,
thank you for narrowing down how far into the activity the critical point for saving lies.

@Weter, you're somehow right about the reversing: with taking a lot of savepoints I could reproduce David's error:

1) Single engine going forward -> can be resumed
2) Single engine going reverse -> can be resumed
3) Engine coupled to consist, stopped, reverser still in reverse -> can be resumed
4) Engine coupled to consist, stopped, reverser in forward -> resume crashes
5) Engine coupled to consist, going forward -> resume crashes

When the crash occurs, apart from the message in OpenRailsLog.txt (identical to David's) I get this error message on the desktop:

Open Rails NewYear MG (unofficial)-1.4-604 Rev. 128.
An essential folder is missing and Open Rails cannot continue.
OK

Running this under Process Monitor shows these files were the last ones opened before the crash:

\UK_Tank\14T_B_Tank_Esso_558_E.wag
\UK_Tank\openrails\14T_B_Tank_Esso_558_E.wag -> path not found!
\Common_Wagons\14T_Tank_Empty.inc
\Common_Wagons\3LinkCoupling.inc
\UK_Tank\14T_B_Tank_Esso_558.s

I don't think that "missing" OR wagon file is really a hot trail. I rather believe that this is OpenRails' default to look if there are any OR specific files additionally to the MSTS files.

But there is something else I discovered during my tests, and it might be connected to David's issue:

In situation 3) I opened the HUD with Alt-F5 and was cycling through the screens with Alt-Shift-F5 to get to the brake information. I wanted to check the wagons' handbrakes, pipes, angular cocks etc., but instead I got this:

Assertion Failed: Abort=Quit, Retry=Debug, Ignore=Continue
at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.UpdaterProcess.StartUpdate(RenderFrame frame, Double totalRealSeconds) in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\UpdaterProcess.cs:line 91
at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.RenderProcess.Update(GameTime gameTime) in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\RenderProcess.cs:line 277
at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.Game.Update(GameTime gameTime) in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\Game.cs:line 127
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGameWindow.TickOnIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGameWindow.RunLoop()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
at Orts.Program.Main(String[] args) in F:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\Git_ORTS_source_mio\Source\RunActivity\Program.cs:line 66

I cross-checked with one of my savepoints from situation 1), and the brake information for engine and tender was displayed correctly.

I suppose we now need Carlo or one of the other developers to have a look at this.

Greetings, Peter

#16 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 14 August 2022 - 04:15 AM

Thanks for all your work Peter. I also got the desktop error messages but did not include it in my email as it was covered by the error log.

I will be investigating further based on your findings. Rick Loader, the route and timetable author, is on holiday at the moment but he has an email from me advising him of this thread, which he will see in his return.

#17 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 14 August 2022 - 06:04 AM

Well, I haven`t quite started the holiday yet - in the frantic packing phase. I do not have the expertise to understand error logs, so i can`t be much help.
I do not think the consists can be at fault, because OR has already loaded them once as a static consist. Second, the train $forms another train later, and all the rolling stock is loaded ok again.
I tried some saves to see if I could repicate the error. In U2022.08.07-1321(debug) i can`t see the saves at all just a empty window referencing player tt list. . But this is my first attempt at loadiing a saved game from a timetable list.. Maybe there is something i did wrong.
In general I have given up saving in timetable mode, because it is unreliable. David`s problem is not unique. There must be a fault in the save routine.
However, a saved position is very attractive to players because it skips the lengthy prerun phase.
Sorry not to be more help
Rick

#18 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 14 August 2022 - 07:55 AM

I'm not very good in writing timetables. Could someone prepare a simple timetable for one of the 6 MSTS legacy routes which generates the crash, so that I can investigate whether I have introduced a bug in timetable mode?

#19 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 14 August 2022 - 08:43 AM

View Postrickloader, on 14 August 2022 - 06:04 AM, said:

Well, I haven`t quite started the holiday yet - in the frantic packing phase. I do not have the expertise to understand error logs, so i can`t be much help.
I do not think the consists can be at fault, because OR has already loaded them once as a static consist. Second, the train $forms another train later, and all the rolling stock is loaded ok again.
I tried some saves to see if I could repicate the error. In U2022.08.07-1321(debug) i can`t see the saves at all just a empty window referencing player tt list. . But this is my first attempt at loadiing a saved game from a timetable list.. Maybe there is something i did wrong.
In general I have given up saving in timetable mode, because it is unreliable. David`s problem is not unique. There must be a fault in the save routine.
However, a saved position is very attractive to players because it skips the lengthy prerun phase.
Sorry not to be more help
Rick

Rick, I and it appears others are able to make "saves". The problem is with restoring them.

With the length of the turntable activities, I doubt whether anyone will run the whole thing at one time, hence "saves" will be necessary.

#20 User is offline   Peter B. 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 14 August 2022 - 09:14 AM

One more piece of information from my side: both the resume error and the brake info error do also appear in ORNYMG 127. :(

Regards, Peter

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users