• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails Switching Activity Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   cesarbl 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 May 2022 - 06:11 AM

What I don't understand is the relation between the handbrake and the triple valves going to "emergency" position. It is normal for me that the triple valves apply the brakes as the brake pipe is less than maximum both before and connecting the brake hoses. So you are saying that pressing "Release handbrake" (shift+; ) causes unexpected changes in automatic brake?

#32 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 24 May 2022 - 08:00 AM

No, what I'm saying is that Open Rails sets handbrakes at 100% for about 25% of the loose consists.

If a locomotive or train couples to a loose consist that has the handbrakes set, you simply have to release the handbrake and then you can move the car.

If a locomotive or train couples to a loose consist that OR did not randomly set the handbrake on, then the valve goes into emergency.

This is true whether the unit r train has it's air pumped up or is running without air.

Open Rails should be setting the handbrakes to 100% for every loose consist when you start and activity. This would eliminate the problem with coupling to a loose consist and the valve going into emergency. At present it appears to be doing this at random to only 25% of the loose consists.

I looked though the activities I created and there is no place I could see that showed whether a loose consist had handbrakes set or not. I'm not sure what that information would be to see if it could be corrected manually.

Paul

#33 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 24 May 2022 - 08:07 AM

I just looked through a bunch of Consist files and saw that most have a line "Serial ( 1 ) and some say "Serial ( 3 )". Are these the handbrake settings, and if so, which one is for handbrakes?

Paul :-)

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users