• You cannot reply to this topic

Articulated Locomotive Test Challenger Test Model Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   NickonWheels 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 28 May 2022 - 08:31 AM

Thanks a lot, dude

I tested it and it works well for the most part, except the wheel rotation pauses every time it reaches the starting position. Maybe there is one frame too much or at the wrong location.

I guess the hierarchy used in BOGIE1 must be taken into acoount when putting together the unpowered bogies.

#22 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 May 2022 - 07:08 PM

View PostNickonWheels, on 28 May 2022 - 08:31 AM, said:

Thanks a lot, dude

I tested it and it works well for the most part, except the wheel rotation pauses every time it reaches the starting position. Maybe there is one frame too much or at the wrong location.

I guess the hierarchy used in BOGIE1 must be taken into acoount when putting together the unpowered bogies.

Try deleting the last keyframe on each driving wheel. Remember to make sure the "Retain Names" checkbox is checked when you try to export though.

EDIT: I've done it for you. Try it now.

Attached File(s)

#23 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 28 May 2022 - 11:23 PM

Hello.

https://kephost.net/p/2022/21/1961_12079a925d0b.png

The picture shows the axle arrangement of an old GANZ motor car. The front axle is driven by the motor. That's a good name.
The other two axles were not driven. What should their names be? Cannot be WHEELS2, WHEELS3 because they represent driven axes. In addition, it impairs adhesion. Cannot be WHEELS21 WHEELS31 because there is no bogie. The OR is even angry about the single-axle bogie. Plus, it’s an old model, and I don’t want to re-model, I didn’t make the model. It would be good if during grinding only the first axle rotates quickly as the other two move the vehicle.
What is the solution?
The wheels are all animated, but I can remove the animation for the center and rear axles.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#24 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 May 2022 - 10:37 PM

View PostLaci1959, on 28 May 2022 - 11:23 PM, said:

Hello.

https://kephost.net/p/2022/21/1961_12079a925d0b.png

The picture shows the axle arrangement of an old GANZ motor car. The front axle is driven by the motor. That's a good name.
The other two axles were not driven. What should their names be? Cannot be WHEELS2, WHEELS3 because they represent driven axes. In addition, it impairs adhesion. Cannot be WHEELS21 WHEELS31 because there is no bogie. The OR is even angry about the single-axle bogie. Plus, it’s an old model, and I don’t want to re-model, I didn’t make the model. It would be good if during grinding only the first axle rotates quickly as the other two move the vehicle.
What is the solution?
The wheels are all animated, but I can remove the animation for the center and rear axles.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

One possible solution: create an "invisible" bogie (in the case of Blender I'd use an Empty), and label it "BOGIE1". Parent the two idler axles to BOGIE1, then parent BOGIE1 to "MAIN"

#25 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 01 June 2022 - 01:28 AM

Hello.

Thanks for the information. I’m not happy about it, there will be one more vehicle to be included in the LOG, “improving” its readability.
It would be good if this single axle bogie fault were permanently deleted from the LOG. Don't show up at all.

Sincerely, Laci1959

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users