• You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails 1.4 is coming soon Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:55 PM

Yes. Steamer's Smokemain is almost always white in ORTS, and dieselsmoke(default) has 000 color, so it can't be altered in game, so replacement textures, as you act for contact wire last year or two-will be very useful enhancement.

#82 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 30 September 2021 - 12:43 AM

James Ross, on 29 September 2021 - 12:55 PM, said:

Okay, so having looked through the code, as best I can tell, if you are using the MSTS original "dieselsmoke.ace" then the diesel exhaust is always black (or very close to black) in Open Rails.

Do you know what "dieselsmoke.ace" you are using where the colour changes?

And I am now very much in the mood to replace both "dieselsmoke.ace" and "smokemain.ace" from MSTS with Open Rails versions, so we can make them actually match how we are doing particle colouring.

The original 2006 MSTS texture. Sometime I installed MSTS in 2017, that part has not changed since then.

#83 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 30 September 2021 - 12:51 AM

Weter, on 29 September 2021 - 01:55 PM, said:

Yes. Steamer's Smokemain is almost always white in ORTS, and dieselsmoke(default) has 000 color, so it can't be altered in game, so replacement textures, as you act for contact wire last year or two-wollstonecraft be very useful enhancement.

I don't use it, I didn't even know about it. But as I wrote privately, I used to make different colored smoke for locomotives in different states. If you don't go turbo then black, good plenty of MaxExhaust (36.0). The lack of a turbo also comes back in the settings of ORTSDieselEngines and ORTSTractionCharacteristic. But I guess you also saw the video of the smoky M62 Masha.
I think that gives one of the beauties of Open Rails that the locomotives can be customized with a little skill.

#84 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 30 September 2021 - 01:09 AM

MSTS originates from 2001-2002. They say, by neglect, the color of texture was 000-complete black. The modification in game works by multiplying the color code to coefficient, related with some game variables, but, as you can see, multiplying zeroes by anything will give only zeros, always. So correct smoke texture must have color at least 111 for being able to change its color during a gameplay. Try 3 variants of smoke by 3d trains (free add-on) and choose light, medium or heavy texture (for my taste, light is enough) and you'll see how it must work.

Indeed, that's beautiful, as in real life different diesel types produce different smoke / have different behavior on that context. I also asked for the customizable smokejet pressure-but still with no answers till now. 2 or 4 stroke, turbocharged or no, with or without muffler - all that affects the smoke appearance.

#85 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 30 September 2021 - 01:21 AM

Is it possible to store the color setting hidden somewhere? The rc4 version was good for a few days. Then I switched for other reasons and not when I recovered.

#86 User is offline   Weter 

Posted 30 September 2021 - 01:22 AM

Include files/chunks are satisfying variant?

#87 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 30 September 2021 - 01:23 AM

Weter, on 30 September 2021 - 01:09 AM, said:

MSTS originates from 2001-2002. They say, by neglect, the color of texture was 000-complete black. The modification in game works by multiplying the color code to coefficient, related with some game variables, but, as you can see, multiplying zeroes by anything will give only zeros, always. So correct smoke texture must have color at least 111 for being able to change its color during a gameplay. Try 3 variants of smoke by 3d trains (free add-on) and choose light, medium or heavy texture (for my taste, light is enough) and you'll see how it must work.

Indeed, that's beautiful, as in real life different diesel types produce different smoke / have different behavior on that context. I also asked for the customizable smokejet pressure-but still with no answers till now. 2 or 4 stroke, turbocharged or no, with or without muffler - all that affects the smoke appearance.

I have too much work in it and I’m sorry to let it go. I passed on many of these locomotives. I have to take care of them too.

#88 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:18 AM

Is there any restrictions on this version being used under 32 bit and/or 64 bit?

#89 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:51 AM

Laci1959, on 30 September 2021 - 12:43 AM, said:

The original 2006 MSTS texture. Sometime I installed MSTS in 2017, that part has not changed since then.
>>> {referring to original MSTS diesel smoke.ace}
Well that could be a difference, I have always used the replacement Diesel smoke textures and bat files offered by 3dtrains.com

#90 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:53 AM

R H Steele, on 30 September 2021 - 07:51 AM, said:

>>> {referring to original MSTS diesel smoke.ace}
Well that could be a difference, I have always used the replacement Diesel smoke textures and bat files offered by 3dtrains.com
Diesel Smoke Replacement

Do you think if I use it I will get the colors back?

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users