• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR Env files usage Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PTrains87 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 July 2021 - 05:22 AM

Hello everyone, I was playing little bit with some .env files of one route I have, and so far, every change I submit in terms of sunset and sunrise, doesn't effect the actual sunset and sunrise in OpenRails.
For example, on one of .env file I'm using for summer/clear, I've put some fake values, like sunset 23:00 but the Sun, no matter what, is sunsetting around 20:00, making all the environment in night mode.

I was also looking on the open documentation about OR, particularly this https://open-rails.r...patibility.html, and is not clear if OR uses its own .env information, or rely on the .env files of the Route. Also the .env files are stored inside the subfolder /ENVFILES, and on the list of the folders compatible for OR, that folder is not included.

Can somebody confirm me if the .env files are compatible in OpenRails, or how can I define a sunset/sunrise time on a specific route?

Thanks!

#2 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 24 July 2021 - 05:38 AM

Hello
Somewhere around here, I read, that daytime was tied with some North American state geographic coordinates, instead of really route's coordinates.
But I maybe misunderstood. Anyway, the daytime is not so prototipic as it desired.

#3 User is offline   PTrains87 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:01 AM

Hello Weter, thanks for the answer. Well, if this is true, this would be a big cons as OR basically removes one of a good feature MSTS had. I mean, I know that .env files were not so accurate, but having the freedom to decide the sunrise/sunset for a specific route this makes the things more realistic. Hopefully someone else can answer here in order to have a confirmation of this and, in case, how we can overcome this huge limitations.

Thanks

#4 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:07 AM

Look here, please. See post #12 especially
http://www.elvastowe...__1#entry273293
That's strange as well, since ORTS have to calculate sunrise/sunset from route coordinates, why fixed data of Wisconcin state?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users