• You cannot reply to this topic

Timezone Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Open Rails Brasil 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 June 2021 - 05:38 AM

Hello gentlemen, greetings from Brazil!

First I would like to apologize a lot if you are posting this topic in the wrong place this is my first post, if wrong could correct me. Another second apology is for my bad English, as I use the translator.

Carlo Santucci, we've already talked a few times and I was very pleased about the insertion of the speed limit in the F5 menu of all trains, as well as the request for help in translating Open Rails into Portuguese.

I use Monogame and despite all the continuous improvements, I would like to suggest or know if it is possible to change the simulator's dimming mode. Here in Brazil, the time zone in relation to UTC is -3. In other words, in Open Rails the simulator gets dark only after 3 hours of difference from the local routes we use. Is it possible to change this?

I thank you and apologize again if I wrote this topic in the wrong place. Sincere hugs from Brazil!

#2 User is offline   Kapitaen13 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 June 2021 - 05:55 AM

No link dado pode conhecer a funcionalidade do ambiente do jogo. Talvez isto ajude.

Saudações Jan

7.12. Modifying the Game Environment

#3 User is offline   Open Rails Brasil 

• Apprentice

Posted 26 June 2021 - 06:15 AM

View PostKapitaen13, on 26 June 2021 - 05:55 AM, said:

No link dado pode conhecer a funcionalidade do ambiente do jogo. Talvez isto ajude.

Saudações Jan

7.12. Modifying the Game Environment

This function I know. But it wasn't exactly what I wanted. For example, in Brazil 19 hours (7:00 p.m.) it is already completely dark and in Open Rails it is still light. It would be interesting if there was a way to keep the schedule and the clarity of the environment and the sky worked realistically for each region. But thanks for the help!

Greetings!

#4 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 26 June 2021 - 11:40 AM

View PostOpen Rails Brasil, on 26 June 2021 - 06:15 AM, said:

It would be interesting if there was a way to keep the schedule and the clarity of the environment and the sky worked realistically for each region. But thanks for the help!

There is a control in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window which will offset the daylight by a number of hours. (You don't need to be running a timetable.)

This might help you though, of course, it's not a permanent solution.

• Use Options > General > Map Window = checkedStart
  • Ctrl+F9 to open the Map Window
  • Adjust the Daylight Offset control

Attached Image: 2021-06-26 20_37_41-Map Window.jpg

#5 User is offline   Open Rails Brasil 

• Apprentice

Posted 26 June 2021 - 12:45 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 26 June 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

There is a control in the Timetable Tab of the Map Window which will offset the daylight by a number of hours. (You don't need to be running a timetable.)

This might help you though, of course, it's not a permanent solution.

• Use Options > General > Map Window = checkedStart
  • Ctrl+F9 to open the Map Window
  • Adjust the Daylight Offset control

Attachment 2021-06-26 20_37_41-Map Window.jpg

cjakeman, I don't know how to thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. I had no idea that Open Rails already had this option! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

#6 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 27 June 2021 - 02:36 AM

View PostOpen Rails Brasil, on 26 June 2021 - 12:45 PM, said:

cjakeman, I don't know how to thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. I had no idea that Open Rails already had this option! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Great to hear that it helps.

This option was added to help view night-time trains when assembling a timetable by providing some daylight. It advances or delays the position of the sun. So this is just a work-around for your problem.

If you can provide a sample scenario for your problem, then maybe we can find someone to work on it and supply a permanent solution that will benefit everyone.

#7 User is offline   Open Rails Brasil 

• Apprentice

Posted 27 June 2021 - 06:04 AM

View Postcjakeman, on 27 June 2021 - 02:36 AM, said:

Great to hear that it helps.

This option was added to help view night-time trains when assembling a timetable by providing some daylight. It advances or delays the position of the sun. So this is just a work-around for your problem.

If you can provide a sample scenario for your problem, then maybe we can find someone to work on it and supply a permanent solution that will benefit everyone.

cjakeman, see below for an image of the "real" darkening at 7pm in Brazil and some South American countries:

Attached Image: RunActivity 2021-06-27 10-55-10-385.jpg

It is noticed that in our region at 7:00 pm the night comes "earlier" and gets dark faster. We use the UTC -3 time zone.

But anyway, the formula that you helped to solve this problem, at least temporarily, is of excellent help! Thank you very much!

#8 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President

Posted 27 June 2021 - 09:15 AM

View PostOpen Rails Brasil, on 27 June 2021 - 06:04 AM, said:

It is noticed that in our region at 7:00 pm the night comes "earlier" and gets dark faster. We use the UTC -3 time zone.

Does anyone know if this is a problem of longitude (i.e. timezone) or latitude (e.g. proximity to the Equator)?

What other parts of the world have the timing of dusk and dawn poorly represented, I wonder?

#9 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 27 June 2021 - 09:29 AM

It's a question of latitude and season. Near the equator it should be fairly consistent, but as you move closer to the poles, it gets more and more extreme depending on season.

It's a bit off here (northern US) in that it's dark by 20:00 in the sim, when during summer it's light out until almost 22:00. I'll have to try winter, when it's dark by 17:00, to see how that fares

#10 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 27 June 2021 - 09:31 AM

At European routes the dawn at summer occurs at about 4 AM (I mean Southern Europe) what is nornal only for northern Scandinavia.
Furthermore, we can choose only "summer" while the difference in lighttime of June and August is significant.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users