Elvas Tower: Stuttering in OR NEW Year MG - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stuttering in OR NEW Year MG Unusual stuttering although high FPS - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   joe_star 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:57 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 06 April 2021 - 05:10 AM, said:

Having taken a close look at the three videos, The FPS are very low for a system using an i7 and an RTX video card. I agree that it is most probably using the onboard Intel video chip. I had the same problem with my desktop machine and had to force the use of the Nvidia card. I use a 1050Ti GTX card with 4gb with an o/c i5 with Open Rails locked to my monitor refresh rate. Everything runs extremely smoothly even with a lot of AI traffic in the scene.

At the same time, I doubt the intel IGP would give anythign close to 40 fps with the route he had loaded up. It also looks like MSAA is being applied & a decent size resolution used.

Myself, I have a laptop with a GTX1060 mobile chip as my main machine these days. It runs well too, frame rates well in 50s on very busy routes.

#12 User is offline   gdineshnathan 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:14 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 06 April 2021 - 05:10 AM, said:

The FPS are very low for a system using an i7 and an RTX video card. I agree that it is most probably using the onboard Intel video chip.

In the video I linked above, I could see that the adapter under use is my NVidia RTX. I have also forced the setting in the NVidia control panel to use the GPU instead of the integrated card for OR.

What makes me to wonder is, leaving aside the settings or rather defaulting over the setting as it is, why does the stable and MG versions show performance differences for the same setting?

#13 User is offline   gdineshnathan 

• Hostler

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:26 AM

View PostIcik, on 06 April 2021 - 08:14 AM, said:

But this is a known monogame problem. On demanding routes, the Stuttering is reflected independently of the powerful HW. The only solution is to force VSYNC synchronization at 60FPS or 1/2 VSYNC on 30FPS. Simulation must run in fullscreen. Then the simulation is completely fluent. This can be set in the graphics card drivers.

I agree with you, the route on which I am simulating is a quite demanding route and so are the rolling stocks. Thanks for your suggestion, 1/2 VSYNC did show considerable performance improvement on Rev.95 :)

#14 User is offline   gdineshnathan 

• Hostler

Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:41 AM

View Postjoe_star, on 06 April 2021 - 09:57 AM, said:

At the same time, I doubt the intel IGP would give anythign close to 40 fps with the route he had loaded up. It also looks like MSAA is being applied & a decent size resolution used.

I just tried using only IGP for the same route under same settings, the FPS was just around 10/12. MSAA is set by default to 4x in OR and all other Nvidia setting is shown below:

Are there settings to be changed in this panel for more improved performance? The global setting is also set to GPU at the moment.

Attached File(s)

#15 User is offline   Hannes44 

• Fireman

Posted 29 December 2021 - 12:29 AM

I just got me a quite powerful new computer with Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti Intel i7-12700K 32GB RAM and I get framerates up to 200fps with normal dense routes but unbearable stuttering with the OR New Year MG version. The testing version runs smooth without problems, but I'd prefer the NewYear version. What are tips to run the latter smoother?

#16 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 December 2021 - 12:42 AM

Hi,
to have a fair comparison, try first checking option "Run at 32 bit on Win 64".

#17 User is offline   Hannes44 

• Fireman

Posted 29 December 2021 - 01:51 AM

Thank you, that made it much better.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users