• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List 2021 Rate Topic: -----

#151 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 02 July 2021 - 08:47 AM

Since this is a "Wish List", many of us have multiple monitors on our computers...(I have 3). OR by default starts on the "Main" monitor....it would be nice in the settings if something like what X-Plane, the flight simulator does for the default monitor.....

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Capture1.JPG

#152 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 July 2021 - 10:22 PM

One more thing I thought of that would be a boon for route builders: variable traffic density for car spawners. IOW, route builders can set this so that car spawners generate, for example, less vehicular traffic between 1 and 5 AM than between 6 AM and 6 PM. Just a thought.

#153 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 08 July 2021 - 01:47 PM

I will always continue to propose it ... my desire would be to have an atmospheric rendering and realistic skies with a revision of the skydome files for all days transitions... removing that unrealistic " exploding supernova " on the sunset ( and more and more unrealistic situations between the sunset and the morning.... ) , because I think the simulator has all the power, and above all it serves routers like me to have stimulations for new projects.

Just take a look on how in the Unreal Engine section is explained...

https://docs.unreale.../SkyAtmosphere/

#154 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 08 July 2021 - 02:59 PM

Another thing I though of in the Activity Mode department: Picking Up or Dropping Off Cars in Locations other than permanently-marked sidings.

Example 1: A locomotive couples on to coaches already standing in a station platform (these coaches being placed there earlier by a switch engine).
Example 2: A locomotive or lash-up having to drop off its consist somewhere other than a siding or designated yard track (such as the entrance to a yard) so a change of motive power can be performed (for example, exchanging electric locos for diesel power in areas where electrified territory ends, or in a yard where overhead or third rails are forbidden due to safety reasons).

...or emergency set-outs anywhere along the line.

Does this make sense to anyone?

#155 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 08 July 2021 - 03:29 PM

FS.E652 091, on 08 July 2021 - 01:47 PM, said:

I will always continue to propose it ... my desire would be to have an atmospheric rendering and realistic skies with a revision of the skydome files for all days transitions... removing that unrealistic " exploding supernova " on the sunset ( and more and more unrealistic situations between the sunset and the morning.... ) , because I think the simulator has all the power, and above all it serves routers like me to have stimulations for new projects.

Just take a look on how in the Unreal Engine section is explained...

https://docs.unreale.../SkyAtmosphere/

It might make sense if breakdowns could also be implemented, since this mode could be interesting with a broken convoy along the line, and during an activity, to set a locomotive of any kind as a rescue locomotive, when the breakdown occurs. (obviously random), you can decide whether to solve the fault with delay accumulation, or, through a special function, request the intervention of the rescue locomotive, which will start from the previously set location, simulating the whole realistic situation as it happens in reality .. obviously then the convoy can be towed to the depot or to a station beam, etc...
Regarding this, I would say that it is also of fundamental importance to be able to have a real Activity Editor that is based as interfaces to the standard activity editor, with the addition of many functions, interactivity, and with an interactive map ... which can also be connected with the timetable mode (the latter you have functions to insert through the function assignment window, therefore facilitated and not by entering values ​​that often confuse on large routes with more lines) obviously with consist editor connected to the TSRE consist editor ..

So for me,
In addition to the graphic factor, I think that also in this regard there is a lot to develop ... and believe me, I hope it will be taken into consideration because it would take the simulator to other levels ...

#156 User is offline   PTrains87 

• Apprentice

Posted 15 July 2021 - 09:25 AM

I don't know if this is a real thread, a thread where the Open Rails developers can read, or is just a fun thread.
Anyway I think Open Rails had a great improvement over the years, and is still insane considering is a totally free simulator. But, of course it still needs a lot of improvements, and some of them I think are huge missing features. Let me do a quick bullet points here, so is easy to check them:

• Better tunnel illumination: Tunnels should be very dark, however the light of the sun is still passing through the terrain and even if you will play with the textures of the Tunnel walls and the track ballast (making them very dark) if you encount another Train on a different track, you will clearly see it.
  • Light spots, such as bulbs or illuminations: Open Rails inherited all the limitation of his father Train Simulator, which means also no lights during the night. The only lights sources are the Sun and the Player loco lights, and is still not possible to make Station lights or even road lights. This is a big missing feature as, especially in Europe, is very common to have night Trains, and if you make an activity during the Night, when you stop at a Station you won't see anything, the Station is totally dark.
  • Wired/Not Wired track altogheter: TS by Dovetail has this feature, to decide wheather a track is electrified or not, and several routes (again, in Europe) has a situation where a non electrified route is merged with one electrified. Having the possibility to decide wheather a piece of track is electried or not will have a huge impact on simulation, and also on building a Route (without making a dedicated 3D gantry for each piece of tracks or compromising the Track Database).
  • Track/Road Splines: Trainz has it, TS by Dovetail has it as well, I think it is time for Open Rails to make the huge jump and making the freedom to put the track or the roads as we wish, to better respect the fidelity of the track placement, especially if we are making a realistic route.

These by far, in my opinion, are the most important missing features in Open Rails. I agree even with a proper Activity Editor or a proper Route Editor, even tho Goku is making a great job, but we cannot rely on a single person to have a Route Editor for Open Rails, even because the latest TSRE5 update was on March this year. Is better to have a big team working on it and making it complete.

Regards

#157 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 22 July 2021 - 06:10 PM

Another idea I'd been thinking of: Specifying both X and Y axis dimensions of smoke/steam/exhaust emitters.

Currently, you can specify the width of an emitter in .eng and .wag files, but it assumes the stack/port/whatever is perfectly round or square, and thus you can only put in one value. It doesn't allow for rectangular or oblong-shaped stacks or ports (example, some diesel exhaust ports/stacks or Giesl ejectors on steam locos), and the result is the smoke may look OK from one angle (such as the front), but would look too narrow when viewed from another angle (such as the side).

Specifying the dimensions of an emitter on two axes instead of one is probably the best solution.

#158 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 23 July 2021 - 09:16 AM

Good idea, as we have to define two or even more smoke effects for fitting rectangular outlets now.

#159 User is offline   ETR500n30FR 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:00 AM

Hello everybody!

I also enter my two wishes:

- the light beam of the traffic trains;
- the ability to enable the use of pantographs for static consists (PANTOGRAFH 1 and 2 in the eng file) in order to simulate parking.

I take this opportunity to thank the developers for the immense work they do.

Edoardo

#160 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:31 AM

With Monogame migration complete, first is theoretically possible. Second... In timetable mode trains in pool are not static.
But IRL, trains out of function are often lower all its pantos.

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users