• You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE Terrain or Tile issue Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 March 2023 - 09:36 AM

There are options for to work with / to show distant terrain, or usual terrain. Might be, that's the cause.
Welcome to ET.

#12 User is offline   Groza 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 07 March 2023 - 10:13 AM

View PostWeter, on 07 March 2023 - 09:36 AM, said:

There are options for to work with / to show distant terrain, or usual terrain. Might be, that's the cause.
Welcome to ET.

I reckon it´s default option is "usual terrain". I have also tried to switch it manually but nothing happened. Im helpless now.

#13 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 March 2023 - 10:17 AM

It actually called "work with distant terrain" mode.

Distant terrain appears in "usual" mode in distances, exceeding 2 km from "camera" and cursor.
So it can't be edited. In "distant" mode, it persists under the cursor/near the viewpoint and becomes editable.
Why usual terrain disappears in usual mode - that's the separate question.

#14 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails + TSRE5

Posted 10 March 2023 - 08:47 AM

It might be that one of your terrain files is corrupted. Possibly caused by shutting the program as it was saving.

You could try restoring a backup version to see if this cures the fault.

If you do not cure it this way I have a suggestion.
1. First make a copy of your World, LoTile, and Tile folders. If anything goes wrong you will be able to use these files to get back to your current position.
2. Then using the Select tool, click on the ground. TSRE should tell you which Terrain file you have selected (eg -11f7151c) and the world tile number. Delete all files in the Terrain folder that use this number.
3. Next select F3 in TSRE and tick the boxes -- Create new tiles and Create terrain from Geodata. Move your viewpoint until you are over the missing/faulty tile.
4. If the tile does not generate then go to your World folder and delete the .s and .sd files as noted above. (I think that having World files for this area can prevent terrain from generating). Try again to generate new terrain files.

Hope this solves your problem. If so you can Delete the TerrainCopy folder, and also the World folder, rename the WorldCopy folder as world. You will now have to modify the new terrain file to suit your route.

If it does not solve the problem, delete the Terrain and World folders, rename the Copy folders and you are back where you started.

Garry

#15 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman

Posted 11 March 2023 - 07:16 AM

I think my brain was in neutral yesterday!

Yes the Terrain folder should have read Tiles

Also the World folder contains .w and .ws files. So delete these files for the tile if it will not regenerate when you move over it.

Hope it works
Garry

#16 User is offline   Groza 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 12 March 2023 - 02:21 AM

View PostGarry, on 10 March 2023 - 08:47 AM, said:

It might be that one of your terrain files is corrupted. Possibly caused by shutting the program as it was saving.

You could try restoring a backup version to see if this cures the fault.

If you do not cure it this way I have a suggestion.
1. First make a copy of your World, LoTile, and Tile folders. If anything goes wrong you will be able to use these files to get back to your current position.
2. Then using the Select tool, click on the ground. TSRE should tell you which Terrain file you have selected (eg -11f7151c) and the world tile number. Delete all files in the Terrain folder that use this number.
3. Next select F3 in TSRE and tick the boxes -- Create new tiles and Create terrain from Geodata. Move your viewpoint until you are over the missing/faulty tile.
4. If the tile does not generate then go to your World folder and delete the .s and .sd files as noted above. (I think that having World files for this area can prevent terrain from generating). Try again to generate new terrain files.

Hope this solves your problem. If so you can Delete the TerrainCopy folder, and also the World folder, rename the WorldCopy folder as world. You will now have to modify the new terrain file to suit your route.

If it does not solve the problem, delete the Terrain and World folders, rename the Copy folders and you are back where you started.

Garry

Hello, thank you for patience with me, but unfortunely, it still doesnt work..
Still it´s doing this: https://www.youtube....h?v=kqVEPtI-JUM

#17 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman

Posted 13 March 2023 - 04:25 AM

Try this:

1. Start a new route on the tile shown in your you tube video
2. when you have got all the folders sorted and can see totally flat terrain, create terrain from Geodata. This should give you the correct terrain for your route. Save the route.
3. Copy the files from the Tiles folder of your new route into the route with the problem.

With luck you should be able to see the new terrain in your route

Garry

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users