Trackside Photos - Show us your "PrivateRoutes" Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 04 February 2023 - 02:21 PM

timmuir, on 04 February 2023 - 10:29 AM, said:

Nothing blase' about that, Andre, I think it's a great shot, well composed and lighted.

On the mend from an illness, started playing around with the Ma and Pa Doodlebug, a US Mail extra run with private car "Maryland" in tow ( a "quick" repaint of Ozark Northern coach #101, by Jon Davis, yesterday). Actually not a "repaint", but more of a readjustment of the original hue, saturation and lightness, with new gold stripes overlaying the originals. "Maryland" font is "Libercity Thin".

On the modified "Inglenook Puzzle" route. Brick factories by Chris Gerlach
Open Rails 2023-02-04 08-47-38.jpg

It's such a nice old model and it comes with passengers!

Open Rails 2023-02-04 09-00-54.jpg

Open Rails 2023-02-04 09-13-58.jpg

uhh...back to bed... :fever2:

Take care y'all.

Nice shots Tim. The first one reminds me of a train pulling out of the yard in Baltimore. The second one is similar to the area around Walbrook out in Baltimore County and the third brings back memories of around Rocks Maryland in Harford County. I grew up around that railroad and almost messed up a date of my wife to be by going on a hike with a friend along the Ma&Pa ROW in southern Pennsylvania between Delta and Red Lion. I wore tennis shoes and my feet were sor sore after the hike that I could not get out of the car when I went to pick her up and instead of going out together we went back to my house and watch TV while I soaked my feet. So sorry you have been sick, get better soon my friend.

#72 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 04 February 2023 - 03:11 PM

Great shots Tim.
Nice little route you got going there too.
I need to get mine out and clean off the rails. Too much other stuff to do right now.
That is a nice passenger car. Where does it come from?
Obligatory screenshot.
https://i.imgur.com/mn3ECB9h.jpg

Randy

#73 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 05 February 2023 - 08:40 AM

pnrailway, on 04 February 2023 - 02:21 PM, said:

Nice shots Tim. The first one reminds me of a train pulling out of the yard in Baltimore. The second one is similar to the area around Walbrook out in Baltimore County and the third brings back memories of around Rocks Maryland in Harford County. I grew up around that railroad and almost messed up a date of my wife to be by going on a hike with a friend along the Ma&Pa ROW in southern Pennsylvania between Delta and Red Lion. I wore tennis shoes and my feet were sor sore after the hike that I could not get out of the car when I went to pick her up and instead of going out together we went back to my house and watch TV while I soaked my feet. So sorry you have been sick, get better soon my friend.

Thanks, Paul. I was hoping these shots would spark a memory or two for you in some way, and it did. Great story.

I did make a mistake in that post in saying it was an Ozark Northern car, when in actuality it's from Andre's Colorado Midland pack.

I don't know if it's even available anymore.

#74 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 05 February 2023 - 08:54 AM

Thanks, Randy.

That is a nice passenger car. Where does it come from?

It's from Andre's Colorado Midland (I erroneously said it was an Ozark Northern yesterday- they are nearly identical-) rolling stock pack, all by Jon Davis. It's an excellent and beautiful collection of turn of the century link and pin equipment.

Is it available now that Andre's V-scale site is down? Don't know.
Attached Image: Open Rails 2023-02-04 08-45-01.jpg

Attached Image: Open Rails 2023-02-05 08-43-13.jpg

Attached Image: Open Rails 2023-02-05 08-47-33.jpg

#75 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 06 February 2023 - 06:16 AM

Tim:

Thanks for your gracious words concerning my route projects.

VSC:

For decades I leased my web space from Marc at 3D Trains. Thus, my VSC store front and file storage was on the same server as Marc's 3D Trains.

I lost touch with Marc several years ago as we both just sort of drifted apart and went on our separate ways. (Railroading 24/7 will do that.) I've had zero contact with Marc for several years now.

Thus, I knew that the demise of 3D Trains was a possibility, but it was a sad moment when it happened.

At this point none of my VSC products are available. In fact, I can't even share my project routes as I was doing before the loss of 3D Trains, for I have no web space to upload to.

No web presence or file storage space is an issue I'll need to address, for I've learned that being able to share is a large part of the enjoyment of the hobby for me.

#76 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 06 February 2023 - 06:35 AM

Sure, not for only You.

#77 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 06 February 2023 - 06:41 AM

Coonskin, on 06 February 2023 - 06:16 AM, said:

No web presence or file storage space is an issue I'll need to address, for I've learned that being able to share is a large part of the enjoyment of the hobby for me.

Hi Andre,

I've been using Mega NZ for years - 50GB Free - is a nice start.

https://mega.nz/register

Regards,
Scott

#78 User is offline   pwillard 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 06 February 2023 - 08:06 AM

My railsimstuff.com website also has available bandwidth.

#79 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 06 February 2023 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for some input, Scott and Pete.

Scott:

Took a look. Yes, 50 GB ought to be plenty for what I would want to do. Seems there's a lot of warnings and caveats? Maybe I'm just not getting it, though. Wonder what the company is doing for income? Free web space doesn't pay bills. Also, does the free 50gb service have the ability to have a home/front page?

Pete:

That is a very kind offer. A home/front page possible, or strictly web space?

#80 User is offline   SVRy_Steve 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 07 February 2023 - 06:08 AM

Some of you know I'm a scenery nut, lately I've been trying out ways of showing water, both ponds/lakes and moving water in rivers, etc. Part of this is that the next phase of scenery on the City Point route we are working on, is through an area with many ponds, swamps and streams. Using 8 bit alpha textures on a large rectangle is working for both. The moving water idea was taken from the post by mrmosky. Great idea and with a bunch of testing I'm now pretty happy with the resulting flow. It looks much more convincing live, but with my slow connection, posting a video isn't going to happen!

Attached Image: forest pond.jpg

The moving water starts to flow when OR starts, so the "Flood" moves at carspawner speed, in this case, 4mph. So here's the painted on terrtex streambed before it arrives.

Attached Image: stream bed no water.jpg

Instant stream, just add water! The streambed shows through somewhat more when the ripples are in motion.

Attached Image: stream bed with water.jpg

And... to get a train in the scene, this looks really cool with the stream flowing under the trestle!

Attached Image: gen robinson steam boulders.jpg

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users