• You cannot reply to this topic

Activity randomization for OR Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mopacfan 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:19 AM

Hi,

What I hope to see eventually with activity randomization in OR is that users can go into the program (or an add-on) to have an activity automatically generated without the users having to add many particulars. The traditional way of adding all of the details for activity creation in MSTS/OR takes a lot of time, as you well know, and sort of bogs me down. I would like to have a less predictable way of running activities and trains in OR. To reduce the likelihood of the generation of unrealistic and uninteresting activities, perhaps a user could select certain criteria elements, such as freight or passenger train to drive, type of locomotive: electric, diesel, or steam, time of day, starting weather, departure and arrival points, etc. OR or the activity generator program could search the user’s OR installation to find these components and create the activity. The user could, if they want, fine tune, the particulars of the activity. I’m thinking of something along the lines of the Activity Generator program for MSTS. What do you think of my proposal?

#2 User is offline   Buttercup 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:01 PM

This site help: http://www.skylinecomputing.com

#3 User is offline   mopacfan 

• Fireman

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

View PostButtercup, on 12 May 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

Hi,

I have visited that site before.

Isn't Activity Generator mostly for creating freight activities?

#4 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

Yes.

Basically what it does is randomize placement of cars and number of cars in static consists and the consists of the player train according to rules, including how many maximum cars in static consists or player consists and what category of cars are to be delivered and received by each industry (which requires a database of industries and what category of car they ship and receive and a second database of every carriage that is to be eligible to be included and what category it is.

Christopher

#5 User is offline   mopacfan 

• Fireman

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:47 PM

View Postconductorchris, on 12 May 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

Yes.

Basically what it does is randomize placement of cars and number of cars in static consists and the consists of the player train according to rules, including how many maximum cars in static consists or player consists and what category of cars are to be delivered and received by each industry (which requires a database of industries and what category of car they ship and receive and a second database of every carriage that is to be eligible to be included and what category it is.

Christopher

Thanks for the confirmation.

I mainly run passenger trains.

#6 User is offline   Buttercup 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

Try OR's Timetable mode. Once you set up your passenger schedule you can run any of the trains in the timetable and have the rest as traffic.

#7 User is offline   mopacfan 

• Fireman

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostButtercup, on 13 May 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

Try OR's Timetable mode. Once you set up your passenger schedule you can run any of the trains in the timetable and have the rest as traffic.

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. I'm intrigued by this idea.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users