Container pickup object available?? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 13 February 2022 - 03:28 AM

Csantucci, on 13 February 2022 - 01:27 AM, said:

Hi QJ-6811,
I'm desiring since considerable time to have something like this implemented into OR.
If you want to send me the crane (if possible already with the animations in the various directions, even if not active) I can see if something specific to handle this can be added into OR. When I developed the discrete ORTSFreightAnims, I had in mind such extensions. However, no promise about results :)

Hello

I think there are two things here that are related.
One is an animation of a fuel intake point. It now consists of only two cubes. Z is also a fuel pick-up point, only the fuel type is different. It would be good to change the two-frame animation. Then you could also animate a conveyor belt. I did it before but when I realized he only knew two dice, I put it on ice.
The other is a matter of vehicle-side animation. What is good now for bulk goods like coal. Not for a container, because it is an ugly sight of a container popping up from the bottom and growing.
One tip. It should be something like what Peter did with the air hose animations. Not at one moment, visible at another. Or the container moved by the crane is a separate shape that is removed from the crane and becomes part of the wagon as ORTSFreightAnims.
I'm just thinking out loud.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#12 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 February 2022 - 03:28 AM

Csantucci, on 13 February 2022 - 01:27 AM, said:

Hi QJ-6811,
I'm desiring since considerable time to have something like this implemented into OR.
If you want to send me the crane (if possible already with the animations in the various directions, even if not active) I can see if something specific to handle this can be added into OR. When I developed the discrete ORTSFreightAnims, I had in mind such extensions. However, no promise about results :)

Hello

I think there are two things here that are related.
One is an animation of a fuel intake point. It now consists of only two cubes. Loading is also a fuel pick-up point, only the type of fuel is different. It would be good to change the two-frame animation. Then you could also animate a conveyor belt. I did it before but when I realized he only knew two dice, I put it on ice.
The other is a matter of vehicle-side animation. What is now for bulk goods like coal is very good. Not for a container, because it is an ugly sight to see a container popping up from below and constantly growing.
One tip. It should be something like what Peter did with the air hose animations. Not at one moment, visible at another. Or the container moved by the crane is a separate shape that is removed from the crane and becomes part of the wagon as ORTSFreightAnims.
I'm just thinking out loud.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#13 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 13 February 2022 - 04:20 AM

Weter, on 13 February 2022 - 03:45 AM, said:

We do have now excavators with complex looped animation of their arm, but they are moving constantly and indeed are not interactive with player's train.

Yes, that’s exactly what I meant when I mentioned the two checkered animations.
Although who is watching a wagon full of coal on a standing day and then pulling forward with a car and starting to fill the next wagon with coal from the beginning?
A steam locomotive to charge a carriage would come in handy at a roundabout station.

#14 User is online   pwillard 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 13 February 2022 - 04:46 AM

Weter, on 11 February 2022 - 12:36 PM, said:

This device, attached to crane for handling containers is correctly called "spreader" so try to search for this term: maybe, you'll find something useful.
8m/min is very often default speed of hoisting mechanisms, so Your guess was quite precise! Bravo. But the sad fact is there: no side moving animation.

You can model crane as a locomotive and flatcar as a pickup point. Car will be stationary, and crane will move and lift containers.

Geez

I must have must all this in the documentation... impressive

#15 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 March 2022 - 07:56 AM

(I am trying to develop the code for a container handling pickup/unload (container crane). The crane would be able to unload containers from wagons and to stack them in a defined area. Conversely it would be able to pick containers from such area and to move them to load them on wagons. I am now able to "attach" and "detach" a container from a FreightAnim, so that the container remains alive also when it is no more in the car. To go further it would be nice if I could use an animated container crane, with animations along the three axes. The code would activate the needed animations to move the container crane from the source position to the destination position. Is there maybe an animated shape developer that could create such a crane? I'm not good at creating 3D objects.

#16 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 March 2022 - 08:03 AM

I have a low poly crane. Later at night I can send you a picture of it.
Actually i have two or three types of harbour cranes... all statica but i can animate them in a few hours work.

#17 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 23 March 2022 - 08:33 AM

That would be excellent, thank you!

#18 User is online   superheatedsteam 

• Engineer

Posted 23 March 2022 - 06:42 PM

Here is a container ship that has a very simple STS crane with animation that moves a container from shore to ship and back again. I did not include the cabling as this was designed to be viewed from a distance. Gmax source file included.

Cheers,

Marek.

Attached File  ship_5000teu.zip (2.22MB)
Number of downloads: 264

#19 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:53 AM

Thanks Marek,
this could become interesting too.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users