• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Consist Editor for Open Rails Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:14 PM

I hope everything works fine now with 0.6123 version and I don't need to download it anymore.

#72 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

Ok, now load all items, both trains and compositions.
I have only one problem, there are 20 items that the name is not on the list. But it's too late today for me, tomorrow I put image and download files to your review.

#73 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:44 AM

New version:
http://koniec.org/ts...RE5_v0.6124.zip

- correct maxVelocity values (in small number of cases second value may be different from msts calculations but still reasonable)
- warning windows on save / overwrite
- some small fixes
- new view menu option: reset eng 3d view camera

#74 User is offline   Z31SPL 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

Kinda taking a little break from Open Rails at the moment so I haven't tried out your Consist Editor yet but I want to take a moment to say a big THANK YOU! to you Goku for all of your hard work on the Route Editor and now the Consist Editor. Also you seem to get bombarded every time you start one of these projects with people being pretty rude about bugs (which is to be expected, you are breaking new ground here) when you clearly state this is a big work in progress. So I want to say thank you for putting up with them and pushing on with updates and fixes. One of the things sorely lacking for me was a consist editor. Having to switch my monitor back and forth between 16 and 32bit colors to get into the activity editor and then into the consist editor was becoming a MAJOR pain in the bass with a ton of unnecessary steps. :sign_thanks:

#75 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

Goku ! Just tried the 6124 - Works like a dream . That's exactly what I thought it needed to cure my want list and hopefully others also .

THANK YOU ! Much Appreciated Sir !

#76 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:48 PM

http://koniec.org/ts...RE5_v0.6125.zip

In new version:
- "Eng->Find consists": find consists containing selected eng/wag
- more info about selected eng/wag

#77 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:39 PM

http://koniec.org/ts...RE5_v0.6127.zip

In new version:
- random consists

#78 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:22 PM

Hi Goku,

I've now had a chance to try your new consist editor and spend a bit of time with it. Really, pretty good. Yes, I'd agree even that's it's amazing, as promised. I really like it and thank you. It will now become my preferred consist editor.

Some things I really like:

It's snappy.
Great graphics - better than Shape Viewer or any other consist editor. And the graphics barely seem to slow things down.
Search feature is really nice
I like having one view that uses the name but substitutes file name if it can't find it.
The ability to view long names
Easy consist changes - moving position via arrow keys, deleting. All smooth.
I appreciate that I am now able to view the route editor and consist editor on my retina screen which has more pixels
Shows Freight animations on .eng and .wag files

My biggest Wishes, that would make me really really happy:

The ability to search not just the file name and/or the name field but also the comment fields in .wag and .eng files. That way one could search for all sorts of things (ie, vacuum brakes or era or author) . . . and one could easily add data into .wag files and have the consist editor find it. Sort of like yardmaster, but much simpler.

The ability to detect missing wagons/engines and consists with missing wagons/engines and . . .
The ability to click on a wagon/engine - or on a missing wagon/engine - and choose a substitute.

[Edit - I just found how to filter consists to see only broken consists. Super! Just what I wanted!]

I tested loading a consist with a missing .wag and it just left the car out of the consist in the Con view rather than flagging it as a problem. I was able to look in the consist units view and see it flagged as a problem, and I was able to delete the problem file (though at first I didn't immediately see how it was done).

A suggestion - mark consists with broken .wag/.eng files with a red background to make them easy to find and correct.

Other Feature Requests:

- I wish the consist shown graphically at the bottom would show the last car added rather than remain at the front unless scrolled. It would make it easier to see one's work.
- There is room for more data on the right under the picture of the wagon or engine. It would be nice to see file name, folder and comments in addition to the "NAME" field. [Edit - I see this afternoon's update may have added that. I haven't downloaded that yet.]
- When a new consist is opened, the consist graphics is shown at the car number previously scrolled to. It would be nice if consists newly opened, showed the start of the train in the consist graphics
- Editing the name field and other data in the .wag or .eng file would be nice. And comment(s) too, should you add that info into the view. It would make it easier to add data to search.
- ability to save .jpg files of the shape file views (and/or copy that view)

And a question: what is the difference between the Eng List 1 and Eng List 2 views. One has rolling stock missing from the other.

Overall, I am really impressed and really happy this exists. I am going to start using it immediately as my main consist editor with the exception of when I need to find and fix broken consists.

Christopher

#79 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:56 AM

View Postconductorchris, on 27 May 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

And a question: what is the difference between the Eng List 1 and Eng List 2 views. One has rolling stock missing from the other.

Eng lists should be the same. For me it is impossible that one shows different stock from the other.
Maybe you used filter / search box in one Eng list?

#80 User is offline   Buttercup 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:00 AM

This consist does not display correctly. (Available at Trainsim.com: hiromg.zip and hiromfix.zip).

• 46 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users