Elvas Tower: Operational turntable - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Operational turntable Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#371 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 24 May 2023 - 02:02 PM

Finally got around to using the turntable feature and my first on the Dorset Coast 6 route. I can't believe it's been 7 years and I just tried this out. I've seen that static turntable on the Dorset Coast route for almost 15 years and to see it actually work was a pleasant experience. I'm a bit late Carlo but many thanks for this feature :thumbup3:

#372 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 24 May 2023 - 09:03 PM

It's definitely amazing feature, adding realism and experience, we all long-time miss.
With that, let me repeat the words of gratitude for Carlo, related to giving ut that opportunity.

#373 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 24 May 2023 - 10:48 PM

View PostWeter, on 24 May 2023 - 09:03 PM, said:

It's definitely amazing feature, adding realism and experience, we all long-time miss.
With that, let me repeat the words of gratitude for Carlo, related to giving ut that opportunity.

Hi Weter.

I made the first turntable in October 2017 for the Alföld track (routes). Since XTracks does not recognize MÁV standard sizes, a new entry had to be added to the TSection.dat file. The first piece was 24 meters in diameter. Since then, a 20-meter-diameter one has also been made. Now a turntable with a diameter of 14.2 meters is being prepared for the Budapest Children's Railway. There, 12- to 14-year-old children provide traffic service and work as conductors on the trains.

#374 User is offline   Jonatan 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS and Vehicle Simulator

Posted 19 January 2024 - 02:09 PM

I have a question regarding custom turntables.

The manual states any new route-specific turntable shape has to be added to a custom tsection.dat within the routes Openrails folder after the work in the route is finished or it won't show in the editors uless a corresponding entry is made in the GLOBAL tsection.dat.
But if I make an updated 27m turntable shape and put in that folder, would this step be unessecery as the shape dimensions and offsets would be identcal?

I am specifically using the 27m turntable as the object of my querry as this is exactly what I intend to do for a custom route, and which I don't want to replace the default shape in GLOBAL entirely.
My theory is that the default turntable should be present while working in the editor, but my own turntable model would be present in the sim proper?

I hope I can get some help here, as this is the first time I'm trying to add a custom turntable with a custom tsection.dat in the Openrails folder within the route, and I'm still not quite clear with the process entirely. I don't want to mess up and break something!

#375 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 19 January 2024 - 05:32 PM

If you're using a turntable already in the global TSection, you do not need to do anything with your local tsection.

If you've created your own 27m turntable shape, and the TrackShape ID registered in your TDB and World file reuses/matches that from a turntable in the global TSection, you shouldn't have to do anything with your local TSection.

You'll still need to create an OpenRails folder and a turntable.dat file.

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users