Elvas Tower: Operational turntable - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Operational turntable Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   m61 

• Fireman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:02 AM

These are the new files A1t27mTurntable.s turntables.dat modified as recommended by Carl
Attached File  Linia 202 turntable.zip (52.14K)
Number of downloads: 860
Using the Open Rails Track Viewer and Editor Goku TSRE found the location turntable.

Attached Image: Linia202_TrackViewer_Bialogard.jpg

After pressing the Select button on the turntable in a small black box data to find the parameters WFile ("w-005477 + 015051.w") UID (8328), which we define in the file turntables.dat

Attached Image: Linia202-OR-turntable.jpg

The number 2 at the beginning of the file determines the amount of turntable in route.

Turntable(
WFile ( "w-005477+015051.w" )
UiD ( 8328 )
XOffset ( 0 )
YOffset ( -1.92177 )
ZOffset ( 13.4 )
TrackShapeIndex ( 253 )
Animation ( "TRACKPIECE" )
Diameter ( 27 )
)
Turntable(
WFile ( "w-005493+015030.w" )
UiD ( 6477 )
XOffset ( 0 )
YOffset ( -1.92177 )
ZOffset ( 13.4 )
TrackShapeIndex ( 253 )
Animation ( "TRACKPIECE" )
Diameter ( 27 )

#32 User is offline   Guille592 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

Thumbs up, thanks Carlo! :D

#33 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

Thank you to all, and in particular to m61 that provided the proof that the operation can be extended to other routes using that particular turntable!
To elvasleis: yes, it's that parenthesis, the very last one in the file.

#34 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 16 May 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

OK James,
in post #13 http://www.elvastowe...post__p__202568 I have attached a new renamed release of the .dat file (name is now turntables.dat) as well a new release of the .exe and .dll files. Command keys are now CTRL+C and Alt+C. Save and restore are now implemented.

Thanks, and great work on the turntables! :sign_rockon:

#35 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:24 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 16 May 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

I can add turntable sound.

That would be cool if you could get the turntable to make the clanking sounds associated with the large metal gears that turn the table.

Here is a nice video of the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania. My link

Robert

#36 User is offline   VicenteIR 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:23 PM

Hello!
What have I done wrong? My engines are turned and jump at the exit of the turntable! :(
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube....h?v=KYdZSmp723c
End of log-file during a crash on the second video

Error: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Player train original position not clear
ב- Orts.Simulation.Physics.Train.ReenterTrackSections(Int32 trackNodeIndex, Int32 trVectorSectionIndex, Vector3 finalFrontTravellerXNALocation, Vector3 finalRearTravellerXNALocation, TravellerDirection direction)
ב- Orts.Simulation.Turntable.TargetExactlyReached()
ב- Orts.Simulation.Turntable.PerformUpdateActions(Matrix absAnimationMatrix)
ב- Orts.Viewer3D.TurntableShape.PrepareFrame(RenderFrame frame, ElapsedTime elapsedTime)
ב- Orts.Viewer3D.WorldFile.PrepareFrame(RenderFrame frame, ElapsedTime elapsedTime)
ב- Orts.Viewer3D.SceneryDrawer.PrepareFrame(RenderFrame frame, ElapsedTime elapsedTime)
ב- Orts.Viewer3D.World.PrepareFrame(RenderFrame frame, ElapsedTime elapsedTime)
ב- Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer.Update(RenderFrame frame, Single elapsedRealTime)
ב- Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateViewer3D.Update(RenderFrame frame, Double totalRealSeconds)
ב- Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.UpdaterProcess.Update()
ב- Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.UpdaterProcess.DoUpdate()
ב- Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.UpdaterProcess.UpdaterThread()
ב- System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
ב- System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
ב- System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Thanks

#37 User is offline   SteveSSW819 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

If you guys decide to do the transfer table. I can get some sounds from ours at the Arkansas Railroad Museum.

#38 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

I'm hoping for the transfer table as well.

Turntable sounds

Transfer table with sounds. There is a transfer table to download at TS.com

I am a D&RGW modeler and would like to have a working rotating car dumper like the one the Rio Grande used for 35 years before dismantling it for scrap.

Robert

#39 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:03 PM

I thought I'd present a quick little story in screenshots with the fun I've been having tonight - thanks to Carlo our Turntable Master http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/bravo.gif

So here I am in Oroville with one of the big 2-8-8-2's ready to head into the roundhouse for servicing... There's just one problem though, the Hostler forgot the default alignment of the Oroville Turntable and ended up with this predicament...

Attached Image: OroTable-1.jpg

Great... So now he'll have to make another move to get on right? Or maybe not? :D

Attached Image: OroTable-2.jpg

That's more like it! Now to just gently ease her back since these engines are really a tight fit...

Attached Image: OroTable-3.jpg

Looks like he pretty much nailed it on the first try ;) Now to just get her spun around and headed into the proper stall...

Attached Image: OroTable-4.jpg

Now to just ease her off nice and slow, and be careful to not send her through the back wall of the roundhouse!

Attached Image: OroTable-5.jpg

With 253 safely in her stall, it's time to get to work servicing her so she's ready to take the next train up the Feather River Canyon ;)

Attached Image: OroTable-6.jpg

Awesome work Carlo and an immense amount of fun to watch!

Now just a couple comments after playing around with this all evening... Yes, this is indeed using the "SR_Turntable_w_37m.s" turntable that Carlo mentioned early on as being one that he didn't think could be used. However, I couldn't resist the temptation to see if I could get this to work since the Feather River is still my favorite route. I created the turntables.dat file and edited the .s file to add the animation like he did for the "A1t27mTurntable.s" he showed us to introduce us to this new feature. After some tinkering to finally get a response from the turntable in the sim, I noticed that the bridge was swinging left or right around the end of the bridge rather than rotating around the center (the end opposite the roundhouse). So I had to play around with including the translation animation (which I initially left out hoping the bridge center really was at the center), and also play with the vertical offset until I eventually got the bridge spinning around its center correctly. So, at least I've proven that at least some of those other Turntables might be made to work after all :D

The only "complaints" I have, which in the big picture are really just minor observations are these:

I noticed that if I let go of the Ctrl+C or Alt+C keys when the table was between a large gap of leads (where there could be additional leads but aren't) that OR would crash with an error message of not being connected or something like that (can't remember the exact wording). If I made sure I always let go just as the rotation was almost on an existing lead track though, it would come to a stop just fine. So, it would obviously be nice if the table could just keep rotating in the same direction it is past those points where an exit path doesn't exist, and just connect at the next one that does exist that it comes to.

The other thing is that I did have it happen a couple times where the locomotive seemed to "jump" partially off of the bridge when a connection was made. This hasn't happened every time though, so I'm not sure if this is a function of how well centered the engine is or not. Along with this, it seemed like the camera position always jumped when a connection was made as well - and it would be nice if the camera would maintain the same angle and position constantly.

I have no doubt these minor issues can be straightened out though so I'm definitely NOT upset about them - I'm just ecstatic that this long wished for feature has finally arrived!

Again - a huge http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/bravo.gif to Carlo for his efforts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 User is offline   elvasleis 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:13 PM

Hi,
One more Question.
Is this where you place the OpenRails folder with the turntables.dat file in it?
Regards Geoff.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: OR Folder.JPG

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users