• You cannot reply to this topic

ORTSEmergencyCausesThrottleDown Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 25 March 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

Replacing within x.3487 Orts.Simulation.dll with the attached file (together with the insertion in the .eng file of the lines of post #7) cuts throttle also if the emergency is triggered by pressing the emergency key. Please check.

Carlo, does this feature with the emergency key still work in x.3500 ? The throttle will close when the alerter is triggered but when pressing the emergency key, the throttle will not close!

#22 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:47 AM

The patch hasn't been uploaded, because I think this would be better done by the original author of the software.

#23 User is offline   jdilworth 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 25 March 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

Replacing within x.3487 Orts.Simulation.dll with the attached file (together with the insertion in the .eng file of the lines of post #7) cuts throttle also if the emergency is triggered by pressing the emergency key. Please check.
Attachment Orts.Simulation.dll.zip

Carlos,

This is great stuff. One question though. Can this feature also be programmed to function when the user physically puts the automatic brake into emergency? In North America at least, manually placing the train into emergency would trigger the PCS light, and automatically place the engine into idle, in the same way as it would in the event of a break apart, unintended emergency application, overspeed penalty, or alerter penalty.

Also, while not related to engine idle function, I noticed that when on level track, the alerter does not trigger when the brakes are released. Even if the train isn't moving, the alerter should trigger after the countdown timer runs out whenever the automatic or independent brakes are in the release position.

Thanks,
Jason

#24 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:40 AM

Just in line with emergency braking. Can we have a function so that when emergency brake application is made, the "penalty" light specified in light section also comes ON. This light currently comes ON only when we press backspace or when train brake handle is moved to emergency. This currently does not function when for e.g brake hose is broken due to excessive curve, opening the angle cocks at either end, triggering emergency brake application doesn't turn ON the penalty lights....

#25 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:01 AM

View PostCoolhand101, on 27 March 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

Testing with one of my diesel and electric engines, i can confirm that i can now get my extra parameters to work:-

ORTSEmergencyEngagesHorn(1) YES
ORTSEmergencyCausesPowerDown(1) NO*
ORTSWheelSlipCausesThrottleDown(1) YES
ORTSEmergencyCausesThrottleDown(1) YES

The player horn seems to be inactive when using the 'ORTSEmergencyEngagesHorn(1)' token. The horn will play automatically once this token is activated.

The ORTSWheelSlipCausesThrottleDown(1) token shuts the throttle and power to zero as soon as there is wheelslip. Once wheelslip stops, you have to re-apply power again manually.

*The ORTSEmergencyCausesPowerDown(1) does not work on a diesel engine, but is hard coded for an electric engine, so this token is not needed for electrics. I was hoping it would just cut the traction power on a diesel engine.

Tested on OR version 1.1.3487

Thanks

Hi,

I will try to solve these problems during the week end.
I already have a solution for the ORTSEmergencyEngagesHorn and for the ORTSEmergencyCausesThrottleDown variables.
The corrections will also provoke the activation of the horn during an emergency braking provoked by the driver.

For the wheel slip, I think this basic functionnality should stay as it is. A more complex anti-slip should be coded with the future scripting interface of Peter.

Finally, for the power down, I will look at the corresponding code during the week-end.

#26 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:40 PM

For units going into TCS penalty or emergency is it at all possible to get the feature besides current time penalty limit implemented so after train stops the brakes won't release an roll again without a authorized reset?.... Maybe a simple parameter that resets from TCS penalty or emergency once train is stopped based on the number of reset button presses at zero speed?

MonitoringDeviceDoesSuppressionReset( 1 ) in MSTS resets everything once the brake handle is put into Suppression.

#27 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:50 PM

Alright, for the ORTSEmergencyCausesPowerDown, the variable currently has no action. It has no use.

For the electric locomotive, there is a ElectricPowerSupply class that takes care of the power down action.
I can write something similar for the diesel locomotive.

#28 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:57 AM

View PostSerana, on 15 April 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

Alright, for the ORTSEmergencyCausesPowerDown, the variable currently has no action. It has no use.

For the electric locomotive, there is a ElectricPowerSupply class that takes care of the power down action.
I can write something similar for the diesel locomotive.

Many thanks for looking at this.

#29 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

Hi,
The actions of ORTSEmergencyCausesThrottleDown and ORTSEmergencyEngagesHorn parameters have been fixed in revision 3539.

#30 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:10 AM

View PostSerana, on 01 May 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

Hi,
The actions of ORTSEmergencyCausesThrottleDown and ORTSEmergencyEngagesHorn parameters have been fixed in revision 3539.

Hi
Can confirm the horn is fixed, and the backspace key for emergency, now causes the throttle to move to the 'off' position.

Thanks

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users