• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

X3402 and x3403 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

What is the UKTS file ID or actual zip filename for the set you are working with. I can locate nothing that matches those shape filenames. Currently you and I are looking at different modelsd.

Looking at what you have actually written there, you have a main bodyshape, a freightanim interior and your extra passenger inside file, surely if you don't like the FA model, make your own and replace it, then use that as the passenger view.

#22 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 26 December 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

What is the UKTS file ID or actual zip filename for the set you are working with. I can locate nothing that matches those shape filenames. Currently you and I are looking at different modelsd.

Looking at what you have actually written there, you have a main bodyshape, a freightanim interior and your extra passenger inside file, surely if you don't like the FA model, make your own and replace it, then use that as the passenger view.

It's the same model, the shape files are dated back to 2004. This model has been updated over the years by different people.
I have no choice but to use that FA , it's from the same model. If I could make my own I would. Remember I already achieved all this in MSTS a few years ago. Im just requesting this to work in OR.
Carlo already fixed my problem but it caused other train sets that relied on parts of the FA needed for the passenger view..

Thanks

#23 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:17 PM

Hi copperpen,
I believe the stock coolhand101 is looking at is available as UKTS file ID 28593, BUT none of the vehicles has a Freight Animation and only one (MBSO) has an Inside view!! He quotes this as the latest available on UKTS, but it's not in NSE branding; for that, you'd need file ID 15553, but they, also, don't have any Freight Animations.

Cheers,
Ged

#24 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

View Postslipperman, on 26 December 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

Hi copperpen,
I believe the stock coolhand101 is looking at is available as UKTS file ID 28593, BUT none of the vehicles has a Freight Animation and only one (MBSO) has an Inside view!! He quotes this as the latest available on UKTS, but it's not in NSE branding; for that, you'd need file ID 15553, but they, also, don't have any Freight Animations.

Cheers,
Ged

We are going around in circles here. I have already stated a number of times that i have amended these trainsets. They ALL use the same shape files from 2004, even the latest release uses the same dated files.

The F.A was an additional file that i have used, to have the same interior showing bright at night. I have rename the shape files to better suit my needs. I have reskin some of the textures to 2048x2048 to get the detailed effect i wanted.

I've even made a 16x9 cab, courtesy from the BVE author, to be reworked and compatible with MSTS. I thought i mention that incase i show a picture of the cab and someone says that cab is not included with the trainsets over at UKTS.

The only effect i didn't want, was the F.A and the passenger view, superimposing in view #5.

I hope this clears up any confusement as to why the trainsets are different and hopefully back to my original problem.

Thanks

#25 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:48 PM

So, we are looking at the same but not identical model. I will have a deeper look at it later. In fact having thought about it, as the passengerview is identical to carB why not just drop the passengerview and apply your FA to carB.

#26 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:35 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 26 December 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

as the passengerview is identical to carB why not just drop the passengerview and apply your FA to carB.

In post #14 #18 and #20, i did mention it was a different passenger view.

There are three of them. Front has 1st class, rear has second class. Also both of these have viewing access to the drivers cab, so the track in front or behind, can be seen.
This was prototypical for this trainset. The MBSO coach has a completely different setup altogether.

Now your method would work for one coach( the MBSO )in OR. But in MSTS, none of the trainsets had a 100% working blended alpha on the coach windows and doors. If the alpha was changed to blended in the shape file, the interior walls from an outside view was see through.
The only alternative was to lower the brightness for all of the interior and give the windows a fully transparent texture. The passview using the same shape as the F.A would then also be too dark. Hence why i needed a different passview altogether. This was just how it was back in MSTS.

However, OR will render this interior, with blended alpha windows, unlike MSTS.
I have notice this on a few scenery objects that i left on with blended alpha.

As my trainsets have been completely updated and have three different passenger views, an option to have the F.A rendered or not for these views is the best method atm.

Thanks anyway for your help on trying to resolve this!

#27 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:35 AM

I think I have now got the original that is supposed to have passenger views in the front and rear cars. Problem is, the actual passengerview s file is an inner panto equipped model. I still think that if the existing passenger view s files were dropped and a proper passenger view shape with interior walls was built, it would work in the same way as the OE bar car, and could have a lit interior at night if placed as an FA

#28 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:22 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 27 December 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

I think I have now got the original that is supposed to have passenger views in the front and rear cars. Problem is, the actual passengerview s file is an inner panto equipped model. I still think that if the existing passenger view s files were dropped and a proper passenger view shape with interior walls was built, it would work in the same way as the OE bar car, and could have a lit interior at night if placed as an FA

Yes you are correct. Building a new interior that can also be used as a passenger view would also work.

Thanks

#29 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:09 AM

Carlo

Is there anyway an option can be added, so that the user has a choice to view the F.A from the passenger view or not ?

As an example:

An entry added to the F.A parameters, not to show the F.A.

To show the F.A, nothing has to be added to the F.A parameters.

Thanks

#30 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:30 AM

Is there a defacto standard for FA's and what should show in #5 views?

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users