• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

X3402 and x3403 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:19 PM

I notice that BLLW passenger cars that have " passenger interiors are now minus the car main and the car body when used in a consist . Works OK with X3393 .

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:54 PM

Pls. add following info: are they cars or DMUs (motorized cars)? Do you have that effect in external view or in passenger view? Where can I download such a car?

#3 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 25 December 2015 - 07:24 AM

They are passenger cars that I've used for many years , successfully and no problems . The #5 view ( passenger view ) is the one that will not work properly with X3402 and X3403 . The cars show up and run OK in the other views . Here's a sample car - enclosed - [attachment=67079:test car.zip]

#4 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

Hi Carlo,
It looks as if Hobo's coach uses a FreightAnim entry, with 2 numeric parameters. Could the recent modification to the tender Freight Animation have affected this type of vehicle, even though it isn't a tender?

Cheers,
Ged

#5 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:18 AM

View PostHobo, on 25 December 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

They are passenger cars that I've used for many years , successfully and no problems . The #5 view ( passenger view ) is the one that will not work properly with X3402 and X3403 . The cars show up and run OK in the other views . Here's a sample car - enclosed - Attachment test car.zip

I have a passenger car that was similar to the above. In the Passenger view, i could see the freight Animation( interior) as well as the passenger view interior. I ask for my problem to be fixed.

I take it when in passenger view #5, you cannot see the F.A interior ?

The passenger view was change to avoid seeing the FA. However in your case, the passenger view is just the racks, lights and floor and you need the FA for the rest of the interior.

What you can do for the time being is to change the passenger view from 'P70-INTERIOR.s' to 'PRR-3745-BODY.s' in the wag file. You will lose the detailed lights, and luggage racks, but the passenger view will have the interior of the FA shape file.

Thanks

#6 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:01 PM

FWIW - - X3394 works OK but X3395 doesn't and none from there to X3403 . I tried them all .So I wouldn't call X3403 ( stable " quite yet . IMHO !

#7 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostHobo, on 25 December 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

FWIW - - X3394 works OK but X3395 doesn't and none from there to X3403 . I tried them all .So I wouldn't call X3403 ( stable " quite yet . IMHO !

I just told you the reason :-

X3395 Bug fix for https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1527836 Freight Animation is shown in passenger view.

I ask for this because i had a problem with certain trainsets showing the interior F.A within the interior passenger view.

I had no idea other trainsets relied on the Interior FA for parts of the passenger view. Where mine was the reverse method.

I hope something can be done so both methods work 100%. You can still use the passenger view by changing the passenger view shape file in the WAG as i gave above for the time being.

Thanks

#8 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

The model uses a main part which is the ends, roof, underframe and running gear. A freightanim adds the body sides and the upper parts of the seats. A third shape used for the interior F5 view has the seat supports, floor and a few other bits. Using F5 in the Version 1 release all works as it should. External view you see the body, seats inside and the running gear from the two shapes. Go to F5 and you get the body which is the freightanim plus the internal view shape that adds the extras to the view.

Now if you go to the internal view all you see is the internal shape. The other shape which is the freightanim is not there. I have tracked down the change to https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1527836 implemented in X3395

Unfortunately the F5 shape does include a bit more that the luggage racks and lights, it also has the floor and the seat supports.

#9 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:10 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 25 December 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

I have tracked down the change to https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1527836 implemented in X3395

Yes i did already mention that.

View Postcopperpen, on 25 December 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

Unfortunately the F5 shape does include a bit more that the luggage racks and lights, it also has the floor and the seat supports.

The floor of the main body will be used to prevent seeing the track. Okay, it will not be as detailed but it still can be used as a suitable passenger view.

Unless it's a poly issue, the interior is normally made with the main shape file. I would guess and say these coaches have been tweaked for better detail.

I've done the same thing myself. The main interior texture had no light texture, so at night, the interior was dark. I Alpha out the interior, then gave it a F.A with textures set to bright.

When carlo fixed my problem on another EMU with interior F.A, i then went ahead and made some detailed textured passenger views for the Class 310 EMU which again, uses F.A for the interior.

I'm really hoping this does not get reverted back.

Thanks

#10 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:41 PM

When performing the bug fix of x.3395 I explicitly asked wether MSTS did not show FAs while in passenger view, see here
http://www.elvastowe...post__p__194820
and got the answer that the sentence was correct.
Now the car attached in this thread brings the proof that instead MSTS does show FAs while in passenger view.
x.3395 has been reverted with x.3404.
If there is any FA problem with coolhand's trainset, it has another cause.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users