Elvas Tower: Include files - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Include files Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:42 AM

Home now and have setup a test trainset with an OPENRAILS subfolder to an Engine folder in my Trainset. Did 3 things to get a visual indication that OR was actually using the ENG file in the engine\OPENRAILS folder: I edited the OR.eng file to use a similar shape with a different Road number. I edited the Name line to add "OR " at the beginning. And I edited the Description field by adding the text "OPENRAILS Folder Test."

Testbed:
Trainset (only listing files that have bearing on the discussion)
>FM_H10-44_Stds (files: Common INC files for H10-44
>MILW_H10-44_#760-770 (Files "MSTS like" H10-44_MILW_760_early_AWW.ENG file)
>>Cabview
>>OPENRAILS (file: "ORTS" H10-44_MILW_760_early_AWW.ENG file with Include statements modified as described above and below)

Once I had the files setup I pointed ConBuilder to the Testbed and then made a consist containing the H10-44_MILW_760_early_AWW and 2 wagons. Next I opened ORTS (3222) and found that the Engine name listed in the OR Menu was the one from the MILW_H10-44_#760-770 folder ENG file NOT the one from the name line in the MILW_H10-44_#760-770\OPENRAILS folder. I also observed the same was true for the Description field. However when I ran the SIM the Road number on the shape did indicate that ORTS was using the ENG file from the MILW_H10-44_#760-770\OPENRAILS folder.

Conclusion from this testing:
1) The ORTS sim does replace the ENG file parameters with another ENG file when that file is in a sub folder named OPENRAILS.
2) The ORTS menu does not use the data from the second ENG file.
3) This process is another workaround procedure that will allow the continue use of existing Consist Editors and use ENG and WAG files written specifically for ORTS in the Sim.

One other IMPORTANT observation:
The ENG file that Dave allowed me to use to test this setup was written to be placed in a Child folder of the Trainset folder so it had Include lines like this:
Include ( "..\\FM_H10-44_Stds/FM_H10-44_Locomotive_Control.inc" ).
But, in the setup I was testing, with the ENG file in the OPENRAILS subfolder meant that the ORTS ENG file was in a Grandchild folder of the Trainset folder. Therefore I needed to add another backup level to each Include path. That is adding another "..\\" to make the Include line path like this:
Include ( "..\\..\\FM_H10-44_Stds/FM_H10-44_Locomotive_Control.inc" ).

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users