Elvas Tower: Display main reservoir and compressor data for all player train locos - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Display main reservoir and compressor data for all player train locos Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:31 PM

Still on topic about Main Reservoir an Brakes but what exactly do the other brake display unit's MSTS/ORTS really mean? Can any of them make OR read them in different situations where bellow I will explain as I see duplicate identical numbers in different display unit's in the cab parameters I never at first looked into till now as I have been in hopes for 2 New features in braking calculation. I used an added the different unit's for testing in a cvf on top of each other for unit readings.

Starting with Main Reservoir cab display parameters in unit's of measure from the cab editor scale:

PSI. Of course is the main thing we use with no changes in cab code.

INCHES OF MERCURY. Different unit's I see in negative numbers but unsure what it is.

BAR. Different unit's I see mainly in single short numbers but don't know if it's really in use.

KGS PER SQUARE CM. Acts with the same value numbers as BAR. I would recommend a code to read this as Cubic Feet or PSI speed per minute reading minimum an max value.

PASCALS. Acts the same as PSI but would recommend a code for it for my cabs to read the rear last car depending what brake gauge type but do not know what it really does.

KILOPASCALS. Appears to be something unknown where if I had 64 Pascals I get a reading of 441.

Can any more of this be explained even though it rarely may be used by some especially the duplicate readings an what I recommend?

#22 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:25 AM

Inches of mercury I think is used by vacuum brake systems.

#23 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:37 PM

INCHES OF MERCURY = InHg is indeed used for vacuum brake systems.
PSI is mainly used in the USA.
Bar is the unit that is used in most of Europe.
KGS PER SQUARE CM = kgf/cm² is a pressure unit that is similar to bar (5 bar = 5,1 kgf/cm²). It's used on some steam locomotives.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users