Elvas Tower: Display main reservoir and compressor data for all player train locos - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Display main reservoir and compressor data for all player train locos Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:47 AM

Funny you mentioned about the FRED/EOTD, I get the NaN BP problem at start an than remove it in a consist editor load it in the sim for where my BP numbers are in negative hundreds an thousands. But cure for now is I have to at the start with no EOTD Fred is initialize with shift / an than brakes act normal set an released.

#12 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:51 AM

So can you give me info about the consist you use, and can you attach an .eng and .wag file that causes the problem, and can you tell me where I can download a FRED causing the problem?

#13 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:34 PM

It happens on a lot of consists of collections free an payware but I can point to you some packs from SLI an free downloads from T-S like the default replacement packs by Erick Cantu.

#14 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

After doing some more experimenting, it seams to be car shapes with no wheels or bogies in the shapes possibly. EOT Fred's don't have wheels or bogies. So it could be shapes that don't have bogies an wheels where brake systems calculate feet from wheels to the next set of wheels an bogies? Some articulates have this problem an some cars with mix lengths after the next car appear to be doing this when some cars have different Brake Force, application and release rate values.

Edit at 4pm Pacific: Could this be something with X3221 perhaps?

#15 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

I have reverted the patch of x3221 and am studying a better solution. ATW, thank you for having pointed to this.

#16 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

I uploaded a renewed fix in x.3227 that takes into account very short (fake) cars.

#17 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:33 AM

Works great no issues now. Nice new difference, saw my short cars made a fast difference when the triple valve an BP changed in the number of laps when they encountered longer cars to delay some time into when shorter cars speed up after longer cars.

I think I asked this posts ago but are Main Res Max pressure for units supposed to be the same equalized capacity as the control leading unit? I have units max Main Res Pressure that are at 120 that are trailing units but my leader is max to 140 that the trail units go over capacity to the leaders max.

#18 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:13 PM

OR practically considers front locos not intermixed with wagons as a single loco with a main reservoir that has a volume that is the sum of all main reservoirs. To compute its pressure it performs an average calculation (sum of all pressures divided by number of locos). Compressors work independently, so if a loco has a max pressure of 140 PSI and another one of 130, the first compressor will stop at 140 and the second one at 130.

#19 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:58 PM

So the display of each units in consists like a 4 unit up front where leader 1st unit is 140, 2nd 130, 3rd 110 and 4th 138 then divide all by number of units each Main Res equalized = 129.5 Max for each unit in HUD to display in even numbers equalized?

#20 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:38 AM

Compressors work independently, each one with its start pressure and stop pressure, however they all pump air in a virtual single Main Res. Therefore the max pressure that the virtual Main Res reaches is the highest one between the Main Res's of the single locos, because the compressor of the loco with the highest max Main Res pressure will stop pumping when the virtual Main Res will reach its max pressure.
In other words, if there are loco 1 with compressor working between 120 and 130 and Max Main res volume 20 , and loco 2 with compressor working between 125 and 135 and Max Main res volume 15, there will be a virtual Main Res of volume 35. Its max pressure will be 135 because compressor 1 will work between 120 and 130 and compressor 2 between 125 and 135 in pumping into the virtual Main Res.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users