Elvas Tower: Switching train control - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Switching train control Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

Gerry and Herb,
thank you for test feedback. That is always very useful. Re camera problems, I suppose that at least part of them are pre-existing, that is they are present also only moving the view to another train (even with Alt-9).
Re Raildriver problems, it would be interesting to know if there aren't problem when switching player loco with CTRL-E in trains with more than a loco.

#42 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

Only to say that implementation is progressing. I'm testing the function with various test activities, and I find many cases that need smaller or bigger adjustments. When I will think that a reasonable amount of cases is covered, I will first make available here a beta version, and after some testing by forum readers I will commit the function code.

#43 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:44 PM

Carlo, another question:
Referring to a post of yours concerning suspeded mode: "The second time you left-click the mouse you have a further option: if you left-click with the shift key pressed, the former player train is put in suspended mode, that is it won't continue on its path, but instead it will stop where it is. This is possible only if its speed is = 0. You can exit from suspended mode by later reselecting such train as actual player train. A suspended train is shown in orange colour in the train list window."

If the activity starts with the Player at rest (brakes applied) and you immediately jump to another train, is it possible to keep the Player at rest (suspended) until you jump back? Whenever I try this the Player starts acting like an AI train and begins moving. I cannot seem to get the left-click with shift to work. More than likely a glitch on my end.

#44 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:00 AM

Hi Gerry,
what you desire works here. Here the exact sequence:
1) start the activity
2) DON'T pass the player train to autopilot mode
3) open the Train List Window
4) left-click the mouse in the Train List Window on the new train you want to drive (one click)
5) press the shift key and with such key pressed left-click the mouse again (one click) in the Train List Window on the new train you want to drive.

#45 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:05 PM

After some work a beta release is attached herebelow.
Attached File  Runactivities.zip (1.34MB)
Number of downloads: 435
It is based on release 3205 and can be decompressed within any release from 3202 to 3205 (and maybe also subsequent ones).
Following features have been added:
1) a waiting point icon for the trackmonitor, that is shown when WPs for new player trains are met in the path. This because the player should know that his train (when run as AI train) would stop at a point for a certain time. The WP is red when approaching it. When the train stops at it, it becomes yellow, and disappears when the time to depart is reached. The icon has been derived from the WP icon of the TrackViewer (thank you Jeroen...)
2) management of the family of Extended AI Shunting functions: the new player train may execute any Extended AI Shunting function that was foreseen for the AI train the player is driving. When the train runs in autopilot mode such functions are executed automatically; when it runs in player driven mode, the player must act to uncouple cars; in this case pop-up messages based on the activity events window appear to help the player.
Care has been taken when the player is driving a train that was foreseen to disappear due to an Extended AI Shunting function, as e.g. when it merges into another train or when it is part of a join-and-split function and is incorporated within another train. In these cases, when the coupling occurs, the player is automatically moved to the train that remains alive. Point 2) required quite long time.

Bugs were also corrected.

Commit is foreseen not before 7 days and anyhow after serious issues pointed out by testers have been addressed.

Camera issues were not addressed, as it is not yet evident to me what the real problems are.

31/7/15 .zip file updated after having corrected a bug

#46 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

The feature is now ready, however it won't be uploaded before august 10th because of terrific roaming charges from the place where I am.

#47 User is offline   Eldorado.Railroad 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:25 PM

View PostFrom 05 August 2015 - 10:23 PM:

The feature is now ready, however it won't be uploaded before august 10th because of terrific roaming charges from the place where I am.

Sorry for being so late to this party! This is something I will test in more detail once the "update" has been released. Roaming charges you say....yes this is where the telecom companies make their money on the "impatient" and those of us who have no choice!

Molte grazie Carlo

#48 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

Function has been committed in x.3215. Further tests and patches have led to this function working also for the dispatcher in multiplayer mode, when running an activity.

#49 User is offline   atsf37l 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

Thanks Carlo! I'll give it a look see later this week. :bigboss:

#50 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 24 July 2015 - 12:00 AM, said:

Hi Gerry,
what you desire works here. Here the exact sequence:
1) start the activity
2) DON'T pass the player train to autopilot mode
3) open the Train List Window
4) left-click the mouse in the Train List Window on the new train you want to drive (one click)
5) press the shift key and with such key pressed left-click the mouse again (one click) in the Train List Window on the new train you want to drive.

Tried it in activity mode...it worked...But I cannot increase the throttle...Please help...

But it is not working in Time Table mode...Please help...

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users