• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Route Editor for Open Rails Build routes without msts Rate Topic: -----

#931 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:48 PM

Brilliant! The fixes in V0.624 work fine. The track pieces snap together, and the paths through the switches are good.
I notice ukfs switches placed by TSRE5 don`t animate. ( they don`t move when g or Shift/g is pressed in the sim)
It is not important, but you did say you wanted feedback!
Rick

#932 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:25 PM

View Postrickloader, on 20 September 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

It is not fair to expect functions such as mileposts and signalling when these items are not even complete in ORTS.

But they are complete. There are some signaling quirks, but for the most part it all works as it should.
Mileposts work as they should. They just don't show up on the Track Monitor.

#933 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:46 AM

Hi Joseph. But how does an RE developer or a tester know that a "quirk" is an anomaly in ORTS, or a defect in his program?
ORTS signalling is a triumph in operation, but there are significant differences between MSTS and OR. Some of these quirks involve the handling of linked sub objects. How can a RE developer incorporate these undocumented quirks in his routines ? In short, Quirk or Bug?
One of the tragedies of ORTS is that contributors move on, and leave brilliant but incomplete and undocumented features. Remaining developers must nearly have to reverse engineer. Has Goku enough info to complete the missing signal junction links?
In my view TSRE5 is not getting the support it deserves, the reception verging on hostile on UKTS and TS.com. eg silly threads like "Caution! TSRE5 can destroy your *.t files for use with OR"
TSRE5 is one of 2 OR developments dear to my heart. The other seeming frozen : I`m terrified TSRE5 will join it in incomplete limbo.
So i believe we end users must give Goku all the support we can.
Rick

#934 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:04 AM

View Postrickloader, on 21 September 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

Has Goku enough info to complete the missing signal junction links?

The links are not missing. You can link signals using TSRE. One difference is that you need to enter the junction numbers instead of clicking on a track.

#935 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:33 AM

View Postrickloader, on 20 September 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

I notice ukfs switches placed by TSRE5 don`t animate. ( they don`t move when g or Shift/g is pressed in the sim)

Hi,
Missing parametr JNodePosn

#936 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

Yes thanks, missing jNodePosn seems to be the problem.
Here is the world file entry from my test route, created in TSRE5. 1 tile 3 track pieces.
TrackObj (
UiD ( 3 )
SectionIdx ( 38841 )
Elevation ( 0 )
CollideFlags ( 0 )
FileName ( ukfs_tlm_17m5_9d46.s )
StaticFlags ( 00200180 )
Position ( -5.10996 17.9843 97.1986 )
QDirection ( 0 0 0 1 )
VDbId ( 4294967295 )
)
Routeriter can`t correct this. Now Dave would say hand edit the world file! But even in a 1 tile 3 track piece route this is tiresome. So I hope Goku can write this into his routine.
Thanks for the signal link info. I didn`t know about this . Will experiment.
Rick

#937 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:29 AM

Hi again! The "create new route" in TSRE5 is excellent. Goku has taken trouble to include all the sub files needed to start the new route. I am trying to follow the steps a new user would take with no MSTS.
But the included sigcfg file has some errors.(i think)
Namely the lights tab ( is given as 3 and should be 4. Also some underscores _ have crept into the other entries. And a speed restriction of 0 could be treoublesome.
The sigscr file is missing.
Copying the default jp1 sigcfg and sigscr to newroute allows it to start in MSTS RE and AE, but not in ORTS trackviewer. AE shows the tracks ok
My newroute consists of terrain, geo, and only 3 track pieces connected to a turnout with yellow tdb lines created.
It seems to me that the next stage is to place a simple path using trackviewer, and test the route. What am I missing?
Hope I`m not being a pest, keep posting : just have some free time now!
Rick

#938 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:51 AM

View Postrickloader, on 21 September 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

But the included sigcfg file has some errors.(i think)
Namely the lights tab ( is given as 3 and should be 4. Also some underscores _ have crept into the other entries. And a speed restriction of 0 could be treoublesome.
The sigscr file is missing.

The template route is based on msts tutorial route if I remember correctly. I am thinking that it is good idea to make own OR template route (on CC license) and not use msts files.

View Postrickloader, on 21 September 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Copying the default jp1 sigcfg and sigscr to newroute allows it to start in MSTS RE and AE, but not in ORTS trackviewer.
[...]
It seems to me that the next stage is to place a simple path using trackviewer, and test the route. What am I missing?

Here is solution for trackviewer fail to load:
http://www.elvastowe...-to-load-route/

#939 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:14 AM

New version: http://koniec.org/ts...SRE5_v0.625.exe

- JNodePosn is now included in new Junctions.

To fix broken junctions, use this new button:
http://i.imgur.com/1DokIRA.png

#940 User is offline   jamesc25313 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:49 AM

View Postrickloader, on 21 September 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

In my view TSRE5 is not getting the support it deserves, the reception verging on hostile on UKTS and TS.com....

This is the norm and is no surprise really. I can think of several people who have been ran off, or discouraged for their efforts. It seems that some people dont want change. Think about how many people stuck with MSTS for so long after OR was released for a few years and the few that still do! It doesnt do this, or that ect. I've heard all the reasoning. I for one have been using TSRE for foresting the Pocahontas using forest objects and being able to adjust population on the fly and actually see what I'm doing and not having to edit the population in the .w file is a huge time saver!

I don't care honestly if people arent impressed by OR, or TSRE, or are of afraid of development ceasing. What does bother me is give me, give me attitudes and yeah it does this but not that. That can wear on someone and I agree, Goku needs a bit more praise and encouragement. I use his tools daily and have been for close to two years now. I use it more and more as new features are added. I agree that someone just starting a route may want to think really hard about using this editor until it has been used and tested for quite some time. Thats not to say it doesnt have usefulness as-is and I think it will hold up as time goes on.

• 208 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users