• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Route Editor for Open Rails Build routes without msts Rate Topic: -----

#2001 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:06 AM

Ok, I will change it later for case insensitive.

#2002 User is offline   Stephen Hjellum 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

Goku,is there a way to delete a tile? This calls back to when I had an issue with a tile that was not behaving properly, as mentioned in a previous thread.If not, would it hurt to make a small request for a future update?
It's nice to create new tiles, but very confusing if a user cannot delete a tile to start over one small area to correct a problem.
Say, for instance, a route originally begun in MSTS has flawed or too big of a tile, which creates a terrain conflict. Just delete that tile and start fresh with TSRE.

#2003 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:06 AM

Yes. It can be done.

#2004 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:58 PM

In next version there will be fix for series of dangerous painting bugs. All bugs are related to using textures with aplha channel for painting or path editing. In many cases it can lead to damaged terrain textures, and in some cases dangerous memory leaks causing TSRE to crash or destroy route data if saved.

https://i.imgur.com/Um5llvn.jpg

#2005 User is offline   OldWildTrain 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:57 AM

Hello Goku and Community!

I have found a new problem on the placement of the Signals, especially on the Signals where you need to put the link for a junction.
In the old Route Editor when you select a Signals with a link, a new window appear where you can select the junction and indicate the path. In TSRE5, on the List of the functions of a Signal I can choose the link but nothing happen. There is any tutorial or can you explain me how to link a Signal to a junction properly? Thanks!

#2006 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

View PostOldWildTrain, on 08 August 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

Hello Goku and Community!

I have found a new problem on the placement of the Signals, especially on the Signals where you need to put the link for a junction.
In the old Route Editor when you select a Signals with a link, a new window appear where you can select the junction and indicate the path. In TSRE5, on the List of the functions of a Signal I can choose the link but nothing happen. There is any tutorial or can you explain me how to link a Signal to a junction properly? Thanks!

Please have a look at this thread:
http://www.elvastowe...__1#entry231299

#2007 User is offline   JeffBush 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:52 PM

Couple of tiny suggestions/improvements for the Activity Editor module (which is wonderful!).

First note is that the weather settings are reversed... setting the weather as Rain yields Snow, and vice versa. The problem is that in the Activity files (.act), the numerical sequence is counter-intuitive. The actual assignments are:

Clear 0
Snow 1
Rain 2

Snow and Rain are reversed in the current build (69481).

Second note is that I miss the ability to set Station Properties... in particular, the number of people boarding, which sets the wait time. Of course that's a RE setting, but in MSTS Activity Editor, the Activity could override that... very useful if your activity is a passenger run, and you're not using Timetable Mode (which has its own set of limitations). It would be very appreciated to access those settings in Activity Editor.

Final note... and this is more of an observation... since the Activity Editor is embedded in the Route Editor, does this mean that routes without a REF file cannot be opened... and thus no activities created? That's sadly limiting, though I do understand why you'd want to share the code.

Jeff..................

#2008 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:45 PM

View PostJeffBush, on 28 August 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Second note is that I miss the ability to set Station Properties... in particular, the number of people boarding, which sets the wait time. Of course that's a RE setting, but in MSTS Activity Editor, the Activity could override that...

I had to miss this setting in MSTS AE. Can you show me where it is?

View PostJeffBush, on 28 August 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Final note... and this is more of an observation... since the Activity Editor is embedded in the Route Editor, does this mean that routes without a REF file cannot be opened... and thus no activities created? That's sadly limiting, though I do understand why you'd want to share the code.

TSRE should work without REF file. Does it crash or what?

#2009 User is offline   JeffBush 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:28 AM

View PostGoku, on 28 August 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

I had to miss this setting in MSTS AE. Can you show me where it is?

Doing this without access to MSTS right now, so from memory. Open an ACT file in MSTS Activity Editor and, without going into the Service Editor... just accessing from the top level function... right click on either of the platform markers (either end) on any station on the activity path. You'll get a Properties box. I forget what other Property you can set, but the important one is Number of Passengers. It defaults to what is set in the Route itself, but this gives you the opportunity to change it just for this activity. Very useful for passenger activities.

Question about the REF file was theoretical... I haven't had the chance yet to load a route which doesn't have one into TSRE. I guess I falsely assumed that since you can't load such a route into the MSTS RE, there was something in the REF file essential to opening the route. I'll surely continuing experimenting. Thank you!

Jeff..................

#2010 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:56 AM

I guarantee you that a route without a .ref file can be opened in TSRE. When you use TSRE to create a route, it doen't have a .ref file (or much else, for that matter, but it can still be opened

• 208 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users