• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Route Editor for Open Rails Build routes without msts Rate Topic: -----

#201 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

Goku, on 02 October 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

I noticed that item tables in tdb and tit files have differences.
Is it only one difference or there are more?

OR does not use the .tit at all, it uses only the .tdb.
Suggestion : put the same info in the .tit as in the .tdb and check what happens. The difference might just happen in writing (by MSTS RE) only, and may not matter when the file is processed by MSTS or the MSTS RE. That is - if you want your editor to work for usage with MSTS as well as OR. Otherwise, forget about the .tit.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#202 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:49 PM

I'm impressed with the progress, Goku.

Do you have an updated download available?

#203 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:06 PM

roeter, on 02 October 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

OR does not use the .tit at all, it uses only the .tdb..............................snip....................................."
Regards,Rob Roeterdink

Stunned I am!
That is the best news I've heard yet. All the missing tracknodes in the *.tit suddenly not a problem.
Seems running a tdb rebuild has a problem defining tight crossover nodes especially w/regard to slip switches altho' some of the xtracks gets hosed also. NICE! Problem solved.
And I expect the signals get referenced right to the tdb also . . . wonder why kuju komplicated it?

I am lovin' this, thanks.
vince

#204 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:29 PM

I just did placing platforms & sidings. Are signals needed for timetable mode in OR or I just did everything required for this mode?

Signals are last big thing to do.

#205 User is offline   That Genset Foamer 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:39 PM

Goku, on 05 October 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

I just did placing platforms & sidings. Are signals needed for timetable mode in OR or I just did everything required for this mode?

Signals are last big thing to do.

Did you cover for grade crossings and pickup objects? There's been a big change in the ORTS code for pickups with version 3273.

#206 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

Crossing, soundregions not touched. But it is not big thing.
Signals and speedposts are more complicated.

Did OR added new values to Pickups in .w or .tdb files?

----
Are other items in MSTS than those on the list?

Track:

crossoveritem
signalitem
soundregionitem
levelcritem
speedpostitem
platformitem
sidingitem
carspawneritem
emptyitem
hazzarditem
pickupitem

World:

static
signal
speedpost
trackobj
gantry
collideobject
dyntrack
forest
transfer
platform
siding
carspawner
levelcr
pickup
hazard

#207 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:18 PM

I'd say signals are needed for timetable mode. The code *will* run without signals, but as the timetable gets more complex, signals become mandatory.

#208 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

View Posteolesen, on 05 October 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

I'd say signals are needed for timetable mode. The code *will* run without signals, but as the timetable gets more complex, signals become mandatory.

I was thinking about release current version without signals, but since they are mandatory I think I will do it after them.

#209 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostGoku, on 05 October 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

Did OR added new values to Pickups in .w or .tdb files?

Not that I know of as any additions would break RE. FWIW there are plenty of things that should be added but on doing so the resulting file would either have to be a different type (e.g. .world instead of .w or kept in a OR-only directory tree as .w).

I havn't commented much before on your project Goku as I just wasn't clear where it fit in long term... as in is this a replacement for MSTS RE and that's all or is it the beginning of a true OR editor? I suppose at this point it doesn't not matter, at least for a while that is. But for now, let me speak to the purpose of a MSTS RE replacement:

First: KUJU's RE has memory problems as the value of the UiD() increases towards 8k AND gaps in the numerical sequence of the UiD() values is a large part of creating the problem. If your code could avoid those gaps in the sequence of values -- on each tile -- it would be of help to people who might switch back and forth between your editor and KUJU's. AFAIK there is nothing that uses the UiD() of static entries and so you could even abstain from numbering them at all until such time you write to the .w file and then the UiD() sequence could be whatever the highest UiD() was for track / roads / interactives, plus one for the first static entry written and then +1 for each one that follows.

Second, the use of TR_Watermark() in the .w files will sort the entries of that file. Assigning an Static_Display_Level() value of zero to track and roads would result in them sorting to the first rows of each world file. Use of the value 1 for all interactives will position them immediately afterwards. Such preliminary sorting will minimize disk thrashing between directories when the world files are read, modestly helping performance for both MSTS and OR, and having the world files sorted is very often helpful to route builders who edit /w files by hand (we all do that). Using a linked list in memory would easy the adds & deletes of the first two sections and give you a simple means for writing a file in order.

#210 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:09 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 05 October 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

Not that I know of as any additions would break RE. FWIW there are plenty of things that should be added but on doing so the resulting file would either have to be a different type (e.g. .world instead of .w or kept in a OR-only directory tree as .w).

Why different files? .w file is like xml. You can add custom elements and even MSTS won't crash.
It won't work in MS RE but my editor will be better in everything so no need for using old editor.

I havn't commented much before on your project Goku as I just wasn't clear where it fit in long term... as in is this a replacement for MSTS RE and that's all or is it the beginning of a true OR editor?

MSTS replacement + much more. But don't know if 'true OR editor'.

First: KUJU's RE has memory problems as the value of the UiD() increases towards 8k AND gaps in the numerical sequence of the UiD() values is a large part of creating the problem. If your code could avoid those gaps in the sequence of values -- on each tile -- it would be of help to people who might switch back and forth between your editor and KUJU's.

I prefer to do everything, no one will want to use the old editor :)

Second, the use of TR_Watermark() in the .w files will sort the entries of that file.

I don't like TR_Watermarks. They had practical use many years ago. Today loading whole .w file is miliseconds, so I do not see need for TR_Watermarks. I'd rather abandon them in the future.

• 208 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users