• You cannot reply to this topic

New Route Editor for Open Rails Build routes without msts Rate Topic: -----

#1291 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

eugenR, on 18 January 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

If I try to place a Levelcrossing I can place it, but I get the Message at the left on the top:
unsupported LevelCr

"unsupported LevelCr" means that there is no properties window for level crossings. Is something important to set there? I was thinking it was done already ..

#1292 User is offline   espee 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

"unsupported LevelCr" means that there is no properties window for level crossings. Is something important to set there? I was thinking it was done already ..

Not for the Japanese ones, and they are all ready in the route, trying to replace one I accidentally deleted (before the undo feature was added...)

#1293 User is offline   jdilworth 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Goku, on 25 January 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

I'll add to Goku's question with a response. Yes, there are properties for level crossings. These include the crossing activation timing, the animation length of the gate, etc... (see attached image)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105542272/xing.png

The results of these configuration settings are placed in the world file entry for the levelcr object, see below:

LevelCr (
UiD ( 250 )
LevelCrParameters ( 20 20 ) <----- Level Xing Sensitivity (see attached image)
CrashProbability ( 0 )
LevelCrData ( 00000000 1 ) <----- If last zero is set to '6', crossing wav file is disabled for that object.
LevelCrTiming ( 5 3 8 ) <----- Level Xing Timing (see attached image)
TrItemId ( 0 126 )
TrItemId ( 1 10 )
FileName ( lcrossbuck_bell.s )
Position ( 537.858 35.0156 -934.826 )
QDirection ( 0 -0.999229 0 0.0392586 )
VDbId ( 4294967294 )
)

I know I'd certainly like to see a configuration window for these objects, complete with a copy/paste position and rotation for complicated crossing setups where multiple objects are connected together. :)

Thanks,
Jason

#1294 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:42 AM

LevelCrData ( 00000000 1 ) <----- If last zero is set to '6', crossing wav file is disabled for that object.

How to set last 0 to 6? Can't find anything in MSTS RE that does this.

#1295 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:17 AM

It is not present in MSTS RE, but it is supported by MSTS at runtime. Someone discovered that and it is a quite often used feature. So it would be nice if TSRE5 were to support this.

#1296 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:31 AM

Goku, on 26 January 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

How to set last 0 to 6? Can't find anything in MSTS RE that does this.

Actually that whole value is supposed to be a bitmask.

0x01 makes the LevelCr object invisible and silent, but it still affects traffic in its lane.
0x06 makes the LevelCr object silent only.

As a bitmask, 0x06 should be composed of bits 0x02 and 0x04, but I've never noticed that these bits separately do anything.

The number after the bitmask is the number of tracks that the object covers.

The crossing timing values also have a few special properties. The last number sets the animation length, in seconds. This number may be negative, which causes the LevelCr object to instead repeatedly playback all of its animation frames at 1/n frames per second once it is activated. It is possible to enter negative values into this text box in the MSTS Route Editor but it is tricky to get it to ignore its value checking.

#1297 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:09 PM

New update: http://koniec.org/ts...SRE5_v0.668.exe
(32 bit): http://koniec.org/ts...5x32_v0.668.exe

- advanced UNDO. Works for almost everything. Requires testing
- levelcr properties, edit tritems
- pickup properties fix
- objtools last items context menu: find similar
- trackobj properties hacks dialog
- signal bug fix, complex track placing bug fix, null texture put crash fix, other bug fixes

#1298 User is offline   jdilworth 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:01 AM

Fantastic! Thanks for this update. Incidentally, the gate animation field will write a '0' to the world file if a negative value is entered. A negative animation value is used to do repetitive animations for crossing flashers and wig wag signals. I'm not sure who discovered this, but I think it was Joe Hoevet. In a future release, would it be possible for added menu options to copy and paste shape positions and/or rotations for the level crossing objects? I'll use my own processes as an example. I have multiple crossing shapes that exist on the same pivot point so they can be placed in the same location to make one finished shape. What you've done is hugely valuable to this community. Thanks for your efforts.

Regards,
Jason

#1299 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:09 AM

jdilworth, on 27 January 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

Fantastic! Thanks for this update. Incidentally, the gate animation field will write a '0' to the world file if a negative value is entered.

It works fine for me:

LevelCrTiming ( 30 20 -10 )

But I found bug that LevelCrTiming was int, not float in my editor, so maybe this caused your issues. Now changed to float.

#1300 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:57 AM

I'm not sure who discovered this, but I think it was Joe Hoevet.

That wasn't me that discovered that, but I believe I was the first to employ it into crossing signal shapes. A trainsim.com user named Tom Boswell was the one who clued me into that.

In a future release, would it be possible for added menu options to copy and paste shape positions and/or rotations for the level crossing objects? I'll use my own processes as an example. I have multiple crossing shapes that exist on the same pivot point so they can be placed in the same location to make one finished shape.

I made myself software to assist with this in the MSTS Route Editor. But this ability would be beneficial far beyond just crossing signal shapes.

One crossing-specific ability that would be welcome is the ability to move a LevelCr track marker by dragging it/arrow keys. In order to keep the interactive flashing lights synced, the track markers all need to be at essentially the same spot. This is not that hard to achieve if you plan ahead, but if one needs to go back and add more LevelCr objects later, it's a real headache.

Goku, on 27 January 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

It works fine for me:
But I found bug that LevelCrTiming was int, not float in my editor, so maybe this caused your issues. Now changed to float.

That definitely needs to be a float, but int is fine for the others. As I said above, the negative number represents the inverse number of desired frames of animation per second. For most shapes this will require tiny values. -0.0333 is a typical value for my shapes, for example. The user interface could be adapted to allow users to enter values as frames per second or total duration.

• 208 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users