• You cannot reply to this topic

New Route Editor for Open Rails Build routes without msts Rate Topic: -----

#1011 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:52 AM

View PostRohit R Krishnan, on 03 October 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

I have extended my new route. Added signals. But now it is not opening in MSTS AE...MSTS AE automatically exits. Signal errors are still there.

You got answers for your questions ( except these traction lines ), so stop asking the same questions again and again. If you don't like previous answers, wait for further development.

#1012 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:02 AM

View PostGoku, on 03 October 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

Yes. It is Open Rails bug. It is fixed in new builds. See here: http://www.elvastowe...n-trackdb-file/
Best and easiest workaround is to place one road (remember to add it to RDB by pressig 'Z' key).

Thanks Goku, That was a simple fix! The route is working perfectly now and I can get on and add some more stuff.
Geoff

#1013 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

I laid some track and then opted for the quick method of generating paths before saving.

Always genetare paths after saving.

#1014 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:58 AM

View PostGoku, on 03 October 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

You got answers for your questions ( except these traction lines ), so stop asking the same questions again and again. If you don't like previous answers, wait for further development.

Which answer? I didn't get any solution for my question.Don't tell others to stop asking doubts...People who find interest in your project will spend a lot of time for building a route. Track laying, sceneries, signals and traction lines are the most vital part which consume a lot of time. Even 1 Km track requires 10 minute time as minimum.As rickloader said a route builder is eager to see a fully features railway network even if it is 1 Km only. I am a younger man but too was a College Professor. I encourage my students to ask doubts not only for their betterment but also for my knowledge extension.

#1015 User is offline   WaltN 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:04 AM

View PostDRelyea, on 02 October 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

Not to worry about motive power though, it was a Gravity Railroad. (Unless you have a way to make narrow gauge mules?)

The "Switchback Gravity Railroad" (1827) to be exact (although the namesake part was about ten miles from Mauch Chunk. The mules were replaced in 1845 by stationary steam engines atop Mts. Pisgah and Jefferson that pulled empty coal cars up two inclined planes.

Doug's remarks led me to test TRES5 in an unusual way. About 2002, I started an effort to model the Switchback with MSTS RE. With a 3 degree grade limitation, modeling the inclined planes depended on a "trick" using "flip" that I learned from Michael Vone. Could the planes be modeled with TSRE5?

No sweat! TSRE5 has no limitation on the vertical angle. That deserves another "Hooray!"

From a childhood recollection, "Mauch Chunk" means "Bear Mountain" (corroborated by Wikipedia). It was an important site in opening the anthracite region to America's Industrial Revolution. The naming is attributed to the Lenape Indian tribe, not the white man.

EDIT:
Attached File  pisascent2.jpg (37.28K)
Number of downloads: 14
View of "Summer Car" ascending Mt. Pisgah plane (marker is halfway). That is Bear Mountain in the immediate background. The town of Mauch Chunk lies through the trees on the right. The Lehigh River winds its way around the mountain.

#1016 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

View PostRohit R Krishnan, on 04 October 2016 - 02:58 AM, said:

Which answer? I didn't get any solution for my question.

For example, I told you many times how to run your route in msts and you still want me to do it for you every time. As you can see your route works fine. MSTS RE can load, edit and save it.

http://i.imgur.com/WXnSLHw.png

Ok, now I see it doesn't work in AE but now I don't have time to find out why.

View PostRohit R Krishnan, on 04 October 2016 - 02:58 AM, said:

Don't tell others to stop asking doubts...

I see nothing wrong in asking questions, but asking the same questions many times is annoying. It won't help in finding solution faster.

#1017 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostGoku, on 04 October 2016 - 08:53 AM, said:

For example, I told you many times how to run your route in msts and you still want me to do it for you every time. As you can see your route works fine. MSTS RE can load, edit and save it.

http://i.imgur.com/WXnSLHw.png

I see nothing wrong in asking questions, but asking the same questions many times is annoying. It won't help in finding solution faster.

Ok...I just raised the issues only. I know very well about MSTS RE and MSTS AE. I have created a 100 km route in MSTS RE...But your software seems to be user friendly. Because of this, I am just raising my queries.

Now what will I do? Do I need to build the route again instead of troubleshooting the issue with MSTS AE?

#1018 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:27 AM

View PostRohit R Krishnan, on 04 October 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

Now what will I do? Do I need to build the route again instead of troubleshooting the issue with MSTS AE?

I'm betting it's a signalling problem. If the route loads in R.E but won't in AE or MSTS, thats normally the case. If you have no signals in the route, then it's another problem.

#1019 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

View PostRohit R Krishnan, on 04 October 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

I told you earlier that better is to not place signals now. Your signal config is too advanced for TSRE now. It is nothing wrong to build the route first, and do the signals later when TSRE will handle your sigcfg properly.

Now, I'm trying to do dynamic shadows and I'm disappointed it doesn't work http://www.opengl-tu...shadow-mapping/

#1020 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostGoku, on 04 October 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Now, I'm trying to do dynamic shadows and I'm disappointed it doesn't work http://www.opengl-tu...shadow-mapping/

I think such graphical magic is unnecessary for an editor.

• 208 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users