• You cannot reply to this topic

Speed Display in Track Mon vs F5 HUD Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:23 PM

View Postgpz, on 27 March 2015 - 05:02 AM, said:

I think it can be easily implemented. Is there a similar wish of Canadian and Australian users? If yes, then what do they prefer? Switch to UK style or US style?

From looking at http://en.wikipedia....version_process and the respective country pages, I would suggest keeping pure metric for Australia and probably Canada too. Canada seems tricky, as it looks to be a mixture of metric and US units which isn't covered by any existing option, but Wikipedia suggests it's more metric than not. So probably best to leave them as they are (i.e. metric) unless anyone has clear knowledge otherwise. :rotfl:

#12 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 31 March 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

From looking at http://en.wikipedia....version_process and the respective country pages, I would suggest keeping pure metric for Australia and probably Canada too. Canada seems tricky, as it looks to be a mixture of metric and US units which isn't covered by any existing option, but Wikipedia suggests it's more metric than not. So probably best to leave them as they are (i.e. metric) unless anyone has clear knowledge otherwise. :rotfl:

Nearly all Canadian adults over the age of 50 grew up with imperial units, so the shift to metric in Canada has resulted in a mixture of both systems in practice. Our car mileages are quoted in both mpg. and liters/100 km., we are still stocking both British/US and metric sized screws and bolts in our stores, etc. That is why I did not reply earlier, because the situation is murky.

Our official measurements - speed limits, volumes, distance, are of course metric. Some of our MSTS routes use British units, some (notably the GTA routes) use metric. So if we can manipulate ORTS to match the route, I doubt if many Canadian train simmers would object to metric.

Cheers,
Sid

#13 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

View PostSid P., on 31 March 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

So if we can manipulate ORTS to match the route, I doubt if many Canadian train simmers would object to metric.

It is already available in the recent versions.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users