Activities: Location Events "the train must be stopped" Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

View Postscottb613, on 24 March 2015 - 06:20 AM, said:

Hi Edward,

Thanks for the input - I tried both last night with your information - neither seems to work for me... I'll create some quick tests on Marias and upload them to this thread for review...

As I am up to my neck in writing activities that utilize Carlo's new features - one other question came up as I was working - when you have an "Action Event" to drop off cars on a siding - the event is triggered the moment the first car touches the end of the assigned siding (not sure how MSTS handles this) - shouldn't the Event wait for all the cars to get on the assigned siding or even better yet all the cars to be fully stopped on the assigned siding ? One thing I didn't check but I will is - what happens if the Action Event is short a car - will it still trigger when the first assigned car touches the end of the siding ?

Anyway - I never really spent much time with the MSTS AE - so maybe I'm just behind on the learning curve... Carlo's new features have blown me away...
:good:

Regards,
Scott

Scott,

The work order will let you know if the required cars have been dropped off or picked up. This means if you are short a car, the activity will never be officially completed since the process will check the cars with the work order list to check if the cars are with the player train(picked up) or no longer part of the player train(dropped off). Regarding location events, I forgot how they worked since I was working in the activity area a while back, but its kind of an art to know how to use them. I am fairly certain that the location events work as they should, but like I said before, it was many versions ago.

Edward K.

#12 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

View Postedwardk, on 24 March 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

The work order will let you know if the required cars have been dropped off or picked up. This means if you are short a car, the activity will never be officially completed since the process will check the cars with the work order list to check if the cars are with the player train(picked up) or no longer part of the player train(dropped off).

The ones we have are designed to replicate the MSTS behaviour exactly. I'm sure we could extend them with some less restrictive activity events after v1.0 if there is a demand.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users