Speed Sign issue Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:52 AM

View PosteugenR, on 13 March 2015 - 12:24 AM, said:

This is the same in MSTS, to overwrite a reduced Signalspeed you need a other Signal with clear-state.
Often this is a hidden signal at the end of a station. But this hidden Signals are shown in the trackmonitor
This hidden Signal count also by the calculation of the SigNumClearAhead (...).

In OR exist now a "Signal" with the Signal Type SignalFnType ( SPEED )
http://www.elvastowe...ling-functions/
Replay #2 EXEMPLE 2
This SignalType does only overwrite a reduced signal-speedlimit.
In the Trackmonitor you see only the new speedlimit, but no signal.

Exactly.

What I said was also the MSTS behavior, which also isn´t prototypical for some European routes (other ones too?). However, with said hidden signals, MSTS could be tricked into realistic behavior. However, I have also had problems with hidden signals in ORTS in the past. Will have to check if on the route I experienced those problems, they still exist (said route is freeware, thus checks can be made on it easier than on the payware ProTrain series).

Cheers, Markus

#12 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostRogue, on 12 March 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

This also happens in the Explorer Mode on some routes (e.g. Pro Train Karwendelbahn).
Here you start for example within a max. allowed speed of 100 km/h.
In a station the exit-signal only allows a reduced speed of 60 Km/h.
After I leave the station there's a speed sign which rises the speed to 100 km/h again but the allowed speed in the track monitor remains 60 km/h...with all consequences (blinking warning light but..thank god...no emergency break).

Cheers

Hallo Rogue,
The behavior you describe here, is the combination of a bug in explorer-mode and a specialty by Pro Train Routes
The bug is, that a reduced Signal-Speedlimit doesn't increase by other signals until the first speedpost follows on the route.
https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1432046

The specialty in Pro Train-Routes is, that there are used only Signals (also as speedposts) and NO speedposts, so .....

#13 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:07 AM

View PosteugenR, on 13 March 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

Hallo Rogue,
The behavior you describe here, is the combination of a bug in explorer-mode and a specialty by Pro Train Routes
The bug is, that a reduced Signal-Speedlimit doesn't increase by other signals until the first speedpost follows on the route.
https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1432046

The specialty in Pro Train-Routes is, that there are used only Signals (also as speedposts) and NO speedposts, so .....

A first fix is provided in release 2923. Eugen, thank you for the excellent test route. Without it I wouldn't have found the solution.
The problem was there also in manual mode (this can be checked by running activity Test2 and passing to manual mode at start of activity). I fixed it under the condition that Timetable mode is not active, as I am not sure on how timetable mode behaves here. Rob can check, if he wants.
I say "first fix" because I noticed that there is a second - less important in my opinion - problem: in case there is at least one speedpost behind the train when passing from automatic mode to manual mode, the maximum speed is that of such speedpost, even if there is a signal with a lower maximum speed in between; this can be tested with Eugen's route and activity Test2 with release 2922, by switching to manual mode after the third signal (the one with the 60 Km/h limit); after switching to manual mode the maximum allowed speed increases to 100 Km/h instead of remaining constant to 60 Km/h. I don't know if I am able to solve this second problem, and maybe this is a wanted feature in case of change of direction. Maybe I will leave it here.

I also kindly ask to test what happens when direction is reversed and so on. There are many cases...

#14 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

Great work and Thank You :)

#15 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

I'm Still experiencing problems with speed posting on Austin Yoder's Horseshoe Curve route. Coming down the slide on track 1 with restricted speed of 15 MPH the speed refuses to open up to 30 MPH until I've gone pass the next two 30 MPH postings even though the helpers are well clear of the 15 MPH zone before I get to the first 30 posting. Kind of makes the Odometer reading on the track monitor useless. Been that way for the last two updates I'm running on the X2930 platform at the moment. Also seem to be having issues with said activity getting I guess I could say Flaky, I've had activity just up and crash going through a shown clear signal and just fiftenn minutes ago activity just up and crashed back to the opening screen on an open section of track no signal. Am attaching OR log.

Attached File(s)

#16 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

Problem still exist on Green River Sub.
http://wstaw.org/m/2015/04/09/Nowy_obraz_mapy_bitowej.jpg

#17 User is online   Csantucci 

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:57 AM

What I see is that you will get 70 mph at next signal. So the most likely thing is that before you passed a signal with restricted speed. The speedpost can't raise the speed of the preceding signal. Only if later a signal allowing a higher speed is passed, the speed is raised.

In other words: in activity mode the speed is the minimum among max speed of consist (in case of player train also max speed of engine), max speed of last signal and max speed of last speedpost.

#18 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

So I must find older OR version or return to MSTS. Too many times i had to edit activities. Now again ai traffic rusn strange. Ehhh

#19 User is online   Csantucci 

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostFablok, on 10 April 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

So I must find older OR version or return to MSTS. Too many times i had to edit activities. Now again ai traffic rusn strange. Ehhh

MSTS manages speeds limits of AI trains like the actual OR does for activities.

#20 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

From what I've always understood is that Signal Speed limit over rides a Track Speed sign; if signal speed is lower.
I must correct myself;

In other words if the last signal passed set a 55 mph limit then that speed limit (55) can only be raised by a less restrictive signal speed.

The 70 mph track speed shown in the posted picture has absolutely no meaning when travelling under a signal speed restriction.

Maybe it's just that Open Rails is correctly interpeting the signal rules and scripts?
Of course this is causing all sorts of finger pointing because ORTS is new and we have been used to running with a terribly flawed simulator (MSTS) for such a long time.

Actually no!
You need to fix the broken activities because it's not an OPen Rails bug!
If you don't know the Activity Editor now would be a good time to learn or use the alternate method provided.

Best,
Vince

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users