• You cannot reply to this topic

Remote Control DPU units Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#161 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 05 January 2022 - 03:21 AM

Csantucci, on 05 January 2022 - 03:02 AM, said:

Should in the LOAD line of the DP window be also the dynamic brake force load (maybe in different colour) or only the tractive force load be shown? What is shown in real locomotives?

Dynamic Braking an Traction efforts in Load is shown in real locomotives. Some show color an some don't but yellow can be used to make the user sure.

Good job on getting that angle an other display opportunities in.

I was just trying the update an appears BC in DPU info doesn't show anything but 0.

#162 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 January 2022 - 04:38 AM

ATW, thanks for the confirmation! BC seems to work as usual here, that's strange.

#163 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 January 2022 - 05:33 AM

Csantucci, on 05 January 2022 - 03:02 AM, said:

Should in the LOAD line of the DP window be also the dynamic brake force load (maybe in different colour) or only the tractive force load be shown? What is shown in real locomotives?

In real locomotive shows green when in traction and yellow in dynamic brake.

There's a different situation too. When you have a DC traction motor locomotive in a DPU block (leading or remote), the value displayed is the Ammeter of the locomotive, in the same way, green when in traction and yellow in dynamic brake. I don't know if it's possible to represent this situation but it would add some reality to the feature.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: din.jpg
  • Attached Image: tracao.jpg
  • Attached Image: Sem título.jpg

#164 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 05 January 2022 - 07:43 AM

When it is not A, what is the usual UoM of the Load parameter in the DP window?

#165 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler

Posted 05 January 2022 - 09:54 AM

Csantucci, on 05 January 2022 - 07:43 AM, said:

When it is not A, what is the usual UoM of the Load parameter in the DP window?

In Brazil is kgf, In US is klb.
It's possible that the load field replicates the LOAD_METER command of the cvf? Because than it would be possible to shows the UoM that the user choose, even Amps and would solve the problem with DC locomotives too.

#166 User is offline   Borislav 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:13 AM

Carlo,

Would it be possible to make the black background of the DPU Controls Screen match the black of the computer screen? As you can see in this screenshot, the two black colours don't match. Or, perhaps even better, would it be possible to remove the black background and just leave the data visible?

I have a couple of more ideas regarding additions to the cab computer screens, so I'll write to you soon.

https://i.imgur.com/Hd8dBN1.png

#167 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 05 January 2022 - 12:26 PM

The colour issue will be fixed in next release and the background will be transparent. There is also a problem with text scaling with the present release, which will be solved in next one.

#168 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 05 January 2022 - 12:41 PM

akioyamamura, on 05 January 2022 - 09:54 AM, said:

In Brazil is kgf, In US is klb.
It's possible that the load field replicates the LOAD_METER command of the cvf? Because than it would be possible to shows the UoM that the user choose, even Amps and would solve the problem with DC locomotives too.

LOAD_METER shows only amps. I think that ORTS_SIGNED_TRACTION_BRAKING should be used as reference, which allows also force units. But the UoM can't be selected; the only possible difference will be showing metric values (kN) or non-metric values (kLbs).

#169 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler

Posted 05 January 2022 - 01:36 PM

Csantucci, on 05 January 2022 - 12:41 PM, said:

LOAD_METER shows only amps. I think that ORTS_SIGNED_TRACTION_BRAKING should be used as reference, which allows also force units. But the UoM can't be selected; the only possible difference will be showing metric values (kN) or non-metric values (kLbs).

ok, LOAD_METER shows amps, but what works and I do is put my amps as kgf effort. So in my case, my locomotives makes 90000kgf of tractive effort, so I simply put this value in the MaxCurrent field in the .eng and on the LOAD_METER command on CVF file. Same for dynamic brake.
It works exactly as the real life, comparing a specific scenery (same route, track grade, train weight, etc).
Plus it would allow any UoM, including Amps to work on the DPU.
The negative side is that we don't have the UoM unit after the number displayed, but since the real screen dont shows the unit, most of the times, I believe this is not a big problem.

#170 User is offline   william madona 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Opem Rails

Posted 05 January 2022 - 02:18 PM

akioyamamura, on 05 January 2022 - 01:36 PM, said:

ok, LOAD_METER shows amps, but what works and I do is put my amps as kgf effort. So in my case, my locomotives makes 90000kgf of tractive effort, so I simply put this value in the MaxCurrent field in the .eng and on the LOAD_METER command on CVF file. Same for dynamic brake.
It works exactly as the real life, comparing a specific scenery (same route, track grade, train weight, etc).
Plus it would allow any UoM, including Amps to work on the DPU.
The negative side is that we don't have the UoM unit after the number displayed, but since the real screen dont shows the unit, most of the times, I believe this is not a big problem.

Hi everyone. I agree with Hugo. I also play with locomotives tha shows amps and kgf as tractive effort UoM, so I believe that a more inclusive solution will encompass everyone's needs.

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users