• You cannot reply to this topic

Talking about the manual....... 2 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:42 PM

Did you use the correct procedure and login ¨credentials¨? This info, for public read-only access is available here: http://www.openrails...eveloping-code/

Cheers, Markus

#12 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

markus_GE, on 09 February 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

Did you use the correct procedure and login ¨credentials¨? This info, for public read-only access is available here: http://www.openrails...eveloping-code/

Cheers, Markus

Did not have trunk on end of URL.

???????????????All the files that I got from the SVN have a Creation date of today at 4:15PM. Is that supposed to happen?

gpz, on 09 February 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Charles, if you want to know exactly when a new version of a specific file was posted (e.g. the manual), install an svn client, and check for this information in svn. And then, before reposting a problem, you might check if the correction was already uploaded, and if not, there is no need to reopen the topic.

OK. Now where do I look to find the change to remove the requirement to have a Sound Line in the 3Dcab section of an ENG file?

#13 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

It is not the files creation date you want to check, look at svn log instead.

#14 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

With SVN, the file´screation date indicates the date and time the file was created on your local HDD.

Cheers, Markus

#15 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

In the current release (Feb. 10, 2015) of the Manual, the Video option "Fast screen Alt-Tab" is described as:
"When the option is selected, by pressing Alt-Tab at runtime with OR at full screen, OR disappears from screen (but remains alive)".
However, I find on my system using X2883, the operation appears to be opposite to the description.

With the option selected: Alt-tab lets me
select another process, but OR remains full screen (not minimized) as the background. The desktop controls are now visible, so I can manually minimize OR in Win 7 by clicking "Show desktop".
But with the option not selected, Alt-tab lets me select another process, and OR is minimized automatically, as described.

Is it just me or my system (Win 7 Pro)?

Cheers,
Sid.

#16 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:34 PM

Sid P., on 24 February 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

In the current release (Feb. 10, 2015) of the Manual, the Video option "Fast screen Alt-Tab" is described as:
"When the option is selected, by pressing Alt-Tab at runtime with OR at full screen, OR disappears from screen (but remains alive)".
However, I find on my system using X2883, the operation appears to be opposite to the description.

With the option selected: Alt-tab lets me
select another process, but OR remains full screen (not minimized) as the background. The desktop controls are now visible, so I can manually minimize OR in Win 7 by clicking "Show desktop".
But with the option not selected, Alt-tab lets me select another process, and OR is minimized automatically, as described.

Is it just me or my system (Win 7 Pro)?

Cheers,
Sid.

No. It is not you nor Windows 7 Pro. Your description is exactly what happens. Mot as stated in the Manual.

I have given up offering corrections to the manual as the OR team seems to take offense at any suggestions to make it more understandable.

#17 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

Actually, I'm trying to correct some of the errors. It's a shame to frustrate new users.
The reason, I believe, for having OR remain non-minimized is so that you can have the Dispatcher window open on top of it. In windowed mode, that is the normal.
So I guess that it is a typo in the manual.

Cheers,
Sid.

#18 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:31 PM

Hi All,
Here is the corrected description of the Option "Fast Full Screen Alt-tab" for the Manual:

6.3.2 Fast full screen Alt-Tab
When this option is selected, and OR is running full-screen, pressing Alt-Tab leaves OR full-screen and running, but allows the Dispatcher Window to be shown in front of it. If this option is not selected, OR is minimized. (The Dispatcher Window option must also be selected and the Dispatcher Window started with Ctrl-9.)

7.5 Dispatcher Window
The dispatcher window is created by pressing Ctrl-9. The window is created minimized, so to display it in front of the OR window you must click on “Alt-Tab” and select the dispatcher window icon, or click on one of the OR icons in the taskbar. If you are running OR in full-screen mode, you must also have the “Fast full screen Alt-Tab” option selected to have both OR and the dispatcher windows displayed at the same time.
etc.

These changes will be included in the next release of the .pdf manual. (The currently posted .pdf copy of the manual is dated Feb. 10, 2015.)
Cheers,
Sid.

#19 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:26 AM

Hi All,
You may have found that the hyperlinks in the .pdf version of the Open Rails manual no longer work when using the Foxit PDF reader. This is because of Foxit Reader security changes in the recent updates of the Reader.
The Adobe Reader still works OK, AFAIK.

On the Foxit Reader, click on "Edit/Preferences". Scroll down and click on "Trust Manager". Make sure that the check box next to "Enable Safe Reading Mode" is NOT checked.

You may also have to click on "Change Settings" and select "Custom Settings" on the next window. Select the desired option (e.g."Always Ask") at the bottom of the window.
NOTE that this may allow access to web sites whose addresses are written in a .pdf document open in Foxit.

Cheers,
Sid.

#20 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

I want to pass on my compliments and thanks about the manual.
It's been a little while since I've looked at it, I must confess, and in that time it has much improved. It really looks comprehensive. I need to go through again and really study it.
Christopher

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users