• You cannot reply to this topic

Bug Reporting -- unable to log in Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 24 February 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

Could it be a browser problerm? I use Firefox.

You can easily test it by launching an other browser and try. :unsure:

#22 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 24 February 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

This is so GD weird.

Okay, so I have figured out some more (doing Ubuntu's debugging for them) about the login form and what makes it tell you to go away because you're a "bot". There is a hidden field called "openid.usernamepassword" which, if you have any value in it, it rejects the login. I am wondering if you have Firefox or an extension that is filling this is, despite it being hidden.

I would definitely try another browser, or try Firefox Safe Mode (hold Shift when starting Firefox), or just disable any extensions you know or think might be filling it in (I'd start with any password management extensions).

#23 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 25 February 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

Okay, so I have figured out some more (doing Ubuntu's debugging for them) about the login form and what makes it tell you to go away because you're a "bot". There is a hidden field called "openid.usernamepassword" which, if you have any value in it, it rejects the login. I am wondering if you have Firefox or an extension that is filling this is, despite it being hidden.

I would definitely try another browser, or try Firefox Safe Mode (hold Shift when starting Firefox), or just disable any extensions you know or think might be filling it in (I'd start with any password management extensions).

BINGO!

I was able to log in in Firefox safe mode.

I noticed was this time the box next to e-mail address was checked... all the other times it was off.

Now if I could remember that bug I was to report....

THANK YOU all who helped - and a special thanks to James who solved it!

p.s. I would have tried IE except some long time ago I deleted its icon and guess what? On my PC, Windows Search cannot locate anything called IE or Internet Explorer. Go figure.

#24 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 25 February 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

p.s. I would have tried IE except some long time ago I deleted its icon and guess what? On my PC, Windows Search cannot locate anything called IE or Internet Explorer. Go figure.

The usual answer for such kind of problems is this. Sorry. :wheelchair:

#25 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

The usual answer for such kind of problems is this. Sorry. :victory:

Yeah. :rolleyes:

More adventures... something happened that turned off two of my favorite utilities:
  • QtTabar
  • StExBar

The first adds tabs to Windows Explorer (and a few other things that are handy) so when I'm bouncing between directories (and have planned for this) I've got them loaded in the tabs for a one click change (rather than recent places that uses two). It's nice. I use recent places too but when I'm iterating a lot between directories the one click move is better.

The second has a feature that does a mass rename on sets of files -- not the stupid rename that you get with windows explorer but a smart one with regular expressions! It's been very, very handy at times.

Gone! Well... disabled. The names are still there but you cannot activate them.

So what happened? Well... I did find IE and (foolishly) I did run it. Then I found my utilities had been turned off. :wheelchair: A bit of googling... back to IE to find where the heck it's holding the decision to deactivate these and to turn them back on. Found. Done. Naturally need to tweek a few things to put it all back right.

I love Excel, I really like Outlook... Windows too for the most part... and there it ends. I don't want anything else from Megasoft, thank you very much. Not their default directories on C:, not their browser, media player, search engine, etc., etc., etc. (Apple too can stuff a few of their totalitarian notions where the sun doesn't shine).

Improving the user experience... my butt! :bigboss:

#26 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:29 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 25 February 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

and there it ends. I don't want anything else from Megasoft, thank you very much. Not their default directories on C:, not their browser, media player, search engine, etc., etc., etc. (Apple too can stuff a few of their totalitarian notions where the sun doesn't shine).

Don't forget to mention the Visual Studio, not least because it also directly relates to the subject of this forum. :wheelchair: But the list really ends there.

#27 User is offline   Jeffrey Kraus-Yao 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:02 AM

Erased.

#28 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:36 AM

Oh my god, when I get home, the first thing I will do, run installing Microsoft SQL Server onto my laptop... Essential for everyday use and for OpenRails.

#29 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

Hey! I've got sarcasm dripping from my screen from that last post....

FWIW, using SQL Server in OR would solve a lot of problems, not the least of which is the many to many relationship between multiple content directories and multiple usage directories (e.g., many instances of \trainsets and many instances of \consists, repeated for ordinary shapes, textures, sounds, track, and roads).

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users