• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ZT GG1 Pack not loading right Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

Alright, possible bug here. Attatched is my OR Log, and a screenshot of what the GG1 is doing in OR visual wise, vs what it SHOULD be (Shown on the right monitor with the Shape Viewer)

http://i.imgur.com/wpex4E1.jpg

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

Ok guys I see a lot of you have viewed this.. Do you think this is bug-submitting worthy, or is it something I could edit in the .s of the GG1 body?

#3 User is offline   EricF 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails / Sometimes MSTS

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

OK, I'm not a 3D modeler, but I can point out in your log file where some inconsistencies in the shape files are causing an issue in Open Rails:

Warning: Expected 46 geometry node map elements; got 47 in sub-object 0 in distance level 0 in shape c:\users\XXXXX\documents\train sim\train simulator\trains\trainset\zt-cowen-gg1\zt-gg1-prr-4813.s

S

Warning: Expected 1 geometry node map elements; got 2 in sub-object 0 in distance level 0 in shape c:\users\XXXXX\documents\train sim\train simulator\trains\trainset\zt-cowen-gg1\zt-gg1-prr-4813-body.s

Open Rails handles inputs according to strict rules; MSTS behavior is more likely to let certain errors slide and generate appropriate output anyway. In OR you can see that the GG1's headlight, cab interior details, and number boards aren't showing up correctly in your screenshots.

You may also have some issues with passenger cars in the consist:

Warning: Expected 3 geometry node map elements; got 4 in sub-object 0 in distance level 0 in shape c:\users\XXXXX\documents\train sim\train simulator\trains\trainset\blw_zt_prrpass_1949\pdslpr_passview.s

CSSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSS

Warning: Expected 1 geometry node map elements; got 2 in sub-object 0 in distance level 0 in shape c:\users\XXXXX\documents\train sim\train simulator\trains\trainset\blw_zt_prrpass_1949\gotham_sign.s

My best guess is that the construction of the .S files aren't correct for purposes of Open Rails' handling.

#4 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostEricF, on 30 January 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

OK, I'm not a 3D modeler, but I can point out in your log file where some inconsistencies in the shape files are causing an issue in Open Rails:

Warning: Expected 46 geometry node map elements; got 47 in sub-object 0 in distance level 0 in shape c:\users\XXXXX\documents\train sim\train simulator\trains\trainset\zt-cowen-gg1\zt-gg1-prr-4813.s

S

Warning: Expected 1 geometry node map elements; got 2 in sub-object 0 in distance level 0 in shape c:\users\XXXXX\documents\train sim\train simulator\trains\trainset\zt-cowen-gg1\zt-gg1-prr-4813-body.s

Open Rails handles inputs according to strict rules; MSTS behavior is more likely to let certain errors slide and generate appropriate output anyway. In OR you can see that the GG1's headlight, cab interior details, and number boards aren't showing up correctly in your screenshots.

You may also have some issues with passenger cars in the consist:

Warning: Expected 3 geometry node map elements; got 4 in sub-object 0 in distance level 0 in shape c:\users\XXXXX\documents\train sim\train simulator\trains\trainset\blw_zt_prrpass_1949\pdslpr_passview.s

CSSCSCSCSCSCSCSCSS

Warning: Expected 1 geometry node map elements; got 2 in sub-object 0 in distance level 0 in shape c:\users\XXXXX\documents\train sim\train simulator\trains\trainset\blw_zt_prrpass_1949\gotham_sign.s

My best guess is that the construction of the .S files aren't correct for purposes of Open Rails' handling.

Odd. The passenger interior view is seemingly fine, as is the GOtham Limited banner from the BLW_ZT PRR Passenger pack.

As for the GG-1's huh... I may have to contact Rick about this.

#5 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostKazareh, on 31 January 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

Odd. The passenger interior view is seemingly fine, as is the GOtham Limited banner from the BLW_ZT PRR Passenger pack.

As for the GG-1's huh... I may have to contact Rick about this.

Hi Kazareh,

I just responded to your PM. Here's the thing, unlike the passenger cars, the GG1's are Rich Garber's shapes, not mine/Gaetan's.

Could someone on the OR team give me some insight as to what the problem might be? It might help to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Rick

#6 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:10 PM

While this may seem like bumping an inactive thread, it is just that it took me this long to fix the GG1!

Dick Cowen graciously sent me his TSM files, and I was finally able to track down the issue with the headlights.

I will be sending an updated set to trainsim.com, hopefully tonight...

Rick

#7 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

Headlight is indeed fixed it would seem Rick; however the windows of the engine still are opaque.

http://i.imgur.com/M9PWXFQ.png

#8 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostKazareh, on 18 July 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

Headlight is indeed fixed it would seem Rick; however the windows of the engine still are opaque.

Didn't remember that being an issue.... *sigh*

#9 User is offline   Kazareh 

• Conductor

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:33 PM

View Postrfranzosa, on 18 July 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

Didn't remember that being an issue.... *sigh*

Sorry. :rtfm: It, was shown in the picture in the 1st post of this thread, too. No biggie though. I miss stuff a lot as well myself. Sometimes I wonder how I notice the label telling me one thing is a Draino bottle, the other Corn Syrup. :)

#10 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostKazareh, on 18 July 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

Sorry. :lol2: It, was shown in the picture in the 1st post of this thread, too. No biggie though. I miss stuff a lot as well myself. Sometimes I wonder how I notice the label telling me one thing is a Draino bottle, the other Corn Syrup. :D

Well, stay away from both, would be my advice!

Here's the deal, Jeremy. The way that Dick Cowen created the shapes in TSM, combined with how Open Rails handles alpha channels, I will need to modify the body, clone it 39 times, then update 40 texture files with new alpha channels...

Might take a bit!

Rick

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users